Chapter Eleven

Old Friends Bring New Problems
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saturday, February 15th

“Well, that was fun.” Jessica said as they left the haunted house.

"That haunted house was even worse the second time." Ren muttered.

"You're just saying that because I wasn't the only one stopping the blood flow to your hand."

"Out of all the group's we could've had, why was Baekho in ours?" He sighed. "And, I’m pretty sure you fractured my eardrum by all your screaming.”

“Excuse me? I wasn’t the one getting my girlfriend paranoid, because he is terrified of something jumping at him.”

“Oh yeah? Why don’t you get tackled because Baekho felt something brush by his leg?” Some people around them looked over because of how loud he was.

“You’re no different. I’m pretty sure that the blood circulation to my hand has been permanently cut!” they entered the final ride, which was the Ferris wheel, as the others decided to head on home.

“Naww, I’m pretty sure I know a way to get it flowing again.” Ren leaned in after they sat down and pressed his lips to hers. He pulled away after wrapping his arms around her waist. She put her hands behind his neck and intertwined them. “Do you remember this spot?”

“What do you mean?”

“Right here, at the top, we kissed.”

“We’ve kissed lots of times.”

“It was our anniversary. A hundred days since our first kiss. But, only then I got feelings for you.”

“You told me that only realized after we broke up.”

“No, after we talked, I realized that it was right here that I first felt something for you. I just dismissed it, because I didn’t want to believe I liked you.”

"How do you even know that it was this exact cart of the ride?"

"Because I saw the number on the side of the cart." He smiled a smug smile. She smiled back.

“I love you.” Jessica blushed bright red.

“I’m pretty sure I love you more.” He retorted.

“But, I loved you longer.” She smirked.

"Guess we'll have to see which is stronger." He whispered and pulled her close again.

 

“Oh my god. Ren, stop.” Ren kissed her neck again as she tried to leave the car. She was giggling. They were in front of her house. The lights were all off, since her mother was spending the weekend at her friend's with Jamie and Alice was spending the night with Aron.

“Oh, come on. Car is hot.” Ren chuckled.

“Car is messy, and I hate cramped spaces.” Jessica finally managed to pry his hands off. She tried to open the passenger’s door, but he pulled her close again.

“Then, we’ll head inside, and do it in the large living room.” He trailed his nails up and down her neck, causing goose bumps.

“My living room is barely a tenth part of your bedroom. It ain’t big.”

“Then, we’ll go to my house.”

“Your house is a ginormous mansion, and I want to sleep in my own bed, since it’s been a week. And, no, you can’t come inside, because I have plans tomorrow, and you’re only going to keep me up all night.”

“Good to know you can’t resist my advances. What are your plans then?”

“I am not going to tell you. It’s a surprise.” Ren leaned even closer and held her chin in between his fingers.

“Surprise for who.” He spoke slowly. He knew it turned her on.

“For you.” She admitted.

“Why are you trying to surprise me?” He leaned a little closer, so that their lips would touch if one of them spoke.

“W-We didn’t celebrate Valentine's Day, because you had a test. S-So, I thought, I’d- No.” Jessica pulled away and rushed out of the car.

“I’ll see you Monday.” Ren said as she returned briefly to grab her bag from the backseat. He chuckled as she searched for her keys. She finally managed to find them and went inside, locking the door behind her. Ren chuckled and started his car and drove away.

 

Monday, February 17th

Ren walked into school the next day and made his daily routine towards his locker. He frowned when Jessica wasn’t there, but shrugged it off. He thought that she was with her friends or something. He went to his class and got the results of his test back. He was the only student with all answered correct and smiled. Minhyun, Jonghyun and Ren went to the cafeteria during their lunchbreak and joined Nana, Lizzy and Raina at their table.

“Does Jess have her period or something? Or is she sick? I haven’t seen her at all, nor gotten any messages.” Ren said after Jessica still hadn’t turned up after twenty minutes. He also checked his phone to see if he had gotten any texts.

“I don’t know. We all sent her texts, but she never responded.” Lizzy answered. They went on with their day and after school, Ren rushed to his car and decided to visit Jessica at her house. He knew her mother wouldn’t come back until midnight, so he was worried that she might have fallen somewhere and can’t get up. He arrived about thirty minutes later at her house and frowned when he saw all the curtains were closed. He walked up to the door and knocked, but the door opened at the first knock.

“Jess!” He called loudly. He closed the door behind him, assuming she just forgot to close it. He entered the kitchen/living room and noticed the many beer cans and other, stronger alcoholic drinks. Some of the bottles were empty. He took a small orange pill bottle, which contained around nine pills for what he could count. His phone beeped, indicating a text message. He checked it and it was from Jihoon.

"Is Jessica okay? She wasn’t at school today, right?" It read.

"Yeah. But I found a lot of alcohol here. And, some bottle with pills. I’ll let you know how she’s doing when I find out. Give me an hour." Ren sent back and put his phone in his inside pocket.

“Jessica. Are you alright?” He went upstairs after finding the two small bedrooms downstairs to be empty. He passed Alice’s room and found the door open. It was also empty, but it looked like two or three people might’ve slept there, judging from the big mattress on the floor, and the messy bed.

“If your surprise for me was getting high and drunk so you can do something for me, I’d rather have you sober for that.” He spoke as he got closer to her room. Her door was slightly ajar. He pushed it open and found Jessica, laying in her bed.

“Jess?” He called, slowly stepping closer, in case she was just sleeping. “Jess, babe. Wake up. What’s going on?” He sat on her bed shook her by her shoulder.

“Jess?” He called a little louder.

“Jess!” He nearly yelled. He shook her badly and she finally moved and groaned. She opened her eyes as little as she could and looked at him.

“Ren?” She groaned out.

“Jessica, what the hell happened? Was all that alcohol downstairs yours? And what are these pills?”

“Those would be mine.” Ren turned his head at the man behind him and his eyes widened when he saw Yoseob. He hit Ren with a baseball bat and Ren out.

 

Ren clenched and unclenched his fists as he woke up. His head hurt and throbbed as he tried to look up. He felt his hands had been tied together. Whatever was used, cut into his skin. He noticed Jessica was now seated on the floor against the side of her bed. He was located across from her against the wall, next to the door.

“Jess?” She groaned in response. “Jess, what happened? What did he give you?” The door opened and Yoseob walked in with Junhyung.

“Naww, look at our star couple. Even the items they’re tied up with matches.” Junhyung said while Yoseob sat on the bed, next to Jessica.

“What the hell did you drug her with?” Ren glared at him.

“She’s just a little tipsy. The alcohol probably worsened the effects of the drugs a little though. I guess ketamine and liquor don’t mix well.” Junhyung took out his knife and walked towards Jessica’s desk. He sat in her chair while Yoseob pat Jessica’s hair.

“Get your hands off of her.” Ren growled at Yoseob. He simply smirked and continued his action.

 

“Ren, this is like the fifth voicemail I left you. You said one hour, it’s been nearly two. Look, I know you take care of her and stuff, but it’s getting dark and I’m worried about her. I’m outside her house right now, and your car is still here. I’ll ring the bell and if you guys aren’t here, I’ll wait till you get back.” Jihoon said and hung up again. He went to the house and rang the doorbell. Yoseob got up and went to the window to check who it was. He saw Jihoon walk around the house to find a window to look inside, but couldn’t find any. He sighed in frustration and went back to his car. He saw a car coming in and recognized the driver to be Hyunseung. He ducked away and figured that Hyunseung’s friends were inside with him and Jessica. He broke in through the small window of the basement and carefully walked around. No one was downstairs and he took the largest kitchen knife for defence. He made his way up the stairs slowly, careful to make no sound. He looked around him to make sure there was no surprise attack. He reached Jessica's room and opened the door carefully, biting down as it creaked. He was met by Ren, who was seated next to Jessica.

"Holy crap. What happened to you?" He whispered as he looked at Ren. "Where are his friends? I saw Hyunseung drive up here."

"Boo." Jihoon whipped his head around and found Hyunseung, Yoseob, Junhyung and Doojoon standing behind him with their knives out.

"You should've left Jess alone, like Minki told you to." Hyunseung charged at him with the knife. Jihoon jumped back to avoid him, but tripped over Ren's feet. Hyunseung fell on top him, stabbing him in his stomach in the process.

"Damn. I wanted to be the one to do that." Yoseob whined as they all walked back into the room.

"Go ahead, have your way with him." Hyunseung nodded his head to Ren as he handed Yoseob his knife. Ren gulped as he was dragged back to his former spot. Yoseob kneeled in front of him and stabbed him as Hyunseung and Junhyung carried Jessica onto the bed and undid her bounds. They tied one leg to the bed and her hands above her head. Jihoon groaned as Doojoon forced him to sit up. He could hear Ren's moans as Yoseob stabbed him.

"Don't die yet. The best show starts now." Yoseob smirked and stood up. He forced Ren's head to face Hyunseung straddling her. As he ed her shirt, Junhyung and Yoseob went to stand in front of the door. When Hyunseung attempted to lift Jessica's skirt, the door bursted open, causing Yoseob to fall down while Junhyung stepped aside. Police agents came in and knocked the knives out of their hands. Ren's eyes grew heavy and he saw Hyunseung getting pulled off of Jessica just be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter