Chapter One

Old Friends Bring New Problems
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday, September 12th

As Jessica walked to her locker, she didn't notice a figure trailing behind her. She was looking over her schedule for the day when someone covered her eyes from behind.

"Guess who." She could hear the smile in his voice.

"Jonghyun?" She teased.

"Hey!" He snapped as he turned her around.

"Do I actually sound like Jonghyun?" Jessica frowned at the annoyed boy in front of her. He raised his eyebrows at her when she didn't respond.

"I'm sorry. Have we met?" He scoffed.

"How do you not recognize me? Did I change that much over the summer?"

"What do you mean?" He sighed.

"How about I remind you?" He put his hand on the back of her neck and pulled her in for a kiss. Jessica's eyes widened and she tried pushing him off when she noticed Ren's friends a few feet away with wide grins. He pulled away and leaned his forehead against hers.

"Been wanting to do that for nearly eight weeks now." He heaved a content sigh.

"R-Ren?!" He chuckled and Jessica smiled brightly before pulling him in for a passionate kiss.

"I had not recognizing until they kissed, you?" Jonghyun asked when the two pulled apart again.

"I had slap him after the kiss and Ren eventually telling her." Minhyun said disappointed.

"Ha! I'm closest, give me that twenty." Minhyun growled as he pulled out his wallet.

"You guys bet on whether or not I would recognize him?" Jessica glared at the two. They nodded. She rolled her eyes at them and turned back to her locker to close it.

"I'm so happy you're back!" She squealed as she hugged him tightly.

"Yeah, just I had to miss the first week." He put his arms around her waist.

"First week was just orientation. It was boring, don't worry about missing it."

"Yeah but I missed you."

"Seems like someone finally realized her prince charming has returned to school grounds." Minhyun teased while putting an arm around Ren's shoulders when she pulled away. He for blushing.

"Seems like she is even more shocked that they just made out in front of us." Jonghyun added. Jessica froze at the realization.

"I'm late." She muttered quietly before running away from the three.

"You got like twenty minute- Hey!" Ren called after her, but she already turned the corner. Ren sighed annoyed before hitting Jonghyun and Minhyun harshly on the back of their heads.

"s." He muttered and walked past the two rubbing their heads.

"Mr. Choi, welcome back." His teacher smiled as Ren walked into the classroom.

"Good to be back. I'm sorry for missing the first week."

"That's alright. You had, uhm, different things on your mind."

"Thank you for understanding."

"Of course. Of course. Go sit down, we'll start class soon." Ren walked to his seat, passing Jihoon and some unfamiliar guy.

"Who's that?" He asked Jonghyun as they all say down.

"Oh, that's Hyunseung. He's new here. Started last week. Why?"

"Nothing. Just didn't recognize him."

 

Jessica sat down in her seat. She groaned and felt the embarrassment hit her. She felt her cheeks were still burning. She sighed to herself, cursing herself in her mind for running away like that.

"I should've just ignored them." She hid her face in her arms on the desk and groaned again.

"Someone's happy school has finally started." Nana teased as she and Raina passed her seat to theirs.

"I think she just saw prince charming's new look. He looks insanely different, don't you think?" Lizzy asked as she sat next to Jessica.

"It really works for him though. Maybe I should try with him again." Nana smirked.

"No! You're mine!" Raina shouted and pulled nana towards her. Nana and Lizzy laughed at her jealousy. Lizzy turned to Jessica again and noticed her ears were red.

"What happened now? Walked into the wrong bathroom again?" Lizzy mocked.

"That only happened once last year! Stop bringing it up!" Jessica glared at her.

"I'm reminding you so that next time you'll say no to a drinking contest with Minhyun and Jonghyun." Lizzy laughed.

"That wasn't even the worst, she almost started ing Ren that night." Nana said before bursting into laughter. Jessica buried her face in her arms again.

 

"Oh my God, I hate math." Jessica groaned for the nth time as she found another wrong answer to the workbook questions.

"Need help?" She heard someone ask. She looked up to see a guy with messy blonde hair and a tray of food in his hands.

"Uhm... Sure, if you know the answer, I don't get a single bit of it." Jessica muttered. He sat down next to her and took her book to look at the questions.

"Let me see then. Oh, and I'm Hyunseung by the way."

"Jessica." Jessica smiled at him.

"Pretty name." He grinned at her. "Oh, this is easy. It's just a bigger number than the previous one. You'll probably get it if you divide the number."

"But, you can't add up the answers to the divided equations. The number will be too big."

"Uhm, okay. How about turning it into a decimal number, you just add enough zero's until it makes sense?"

"Pretty sure that'll just give me a wrong answer too..."

"Alright, then maybe-"

"Hey, it's pizza day. I got a slice." Ren smiled at Jessica as he said next to her. He grabbed her by her waist and pulled her closer, further away from Hyunseung. Minhyun and Jonghyun smirked at each other as they sat down across from them.

"Oh, thanks." She smiled and the two shared quick kiss. Ren left his arm around her as he started eating.

"How was class so far?" Ren asked, completely ignoring Hyunseung's presence.

"I have the wonderful honour of starting my week with math." Jessica sighed.

"Welcome to junior year. We don't have math until Friday after lunch." Minhyun teased.

"And, how does that help me?" She snapped at him. He made a face at her.

"I'll help you with your homework. I'll make sure you get your first math test without any mistakes this year." Ren rubbed her back.

"Good luck with that. I've already made a fool of myself in my first math class." Jessica leaned into Ren.

"Don't you do that every day?" Minhyun asked.

"You know, I can throw this into your lap." Jessica held up Ren's coffee cup.

"Not with my coffee, you won't." Ren took it from her and set it on the other side of the tray.

"What's the math problem?" Ren grabbed the textbook from Hyunseung and looked over the problems she already tried solving.

"This isn't too hard. I can explain it after school if you want."

"I have to watch Jamie."

"Then I'll come with you." He gave her a teasing smirk and kissed her softly.

"Guess it's time to head to the library soon." Minhyun muttered.

"Twenty says Ren will get up first." Jonghyun replied.

"Forty."

"Deal."

"Seriously? We're sitting right here." Jessica glared at the two. They shrugged.

"Library?" Hyunseung asked. Before Jessica could answer him, Jonghyun did it for her.

"Oh yeah, she goes there pretty much every day. To read a." Jonghyun looked at Jessica as he spoke.

"I don't!" Jessica quickly yelled before closing her workbook.

"Then, why are you blushing?" Jonghyun and Minhyun narrowed their eyes at her as she turned bright red.

"She doesn't need to read a." Ren retorted. "She has me."

"I-I-'m going to the library!" Jessica stammered and got up in a rush.

"Oh, let me go with you. I'm not familiar here yet." Hyunseung said as he stood up and followed after her. Ren wiped his mouth and grabbed his coffee cup before going after them.

"Told you. I'm always right." Minhyun said proudly.

"Except this morning." Jonghyun mocked.

"Is he assuming we'll just clean-up for him?" Jonghyun gestured to Ren's tray.

"Yup." Minhyun sighed.

"Guess you're more jealous than I thought." Hyunseung commented when Ren pushed him away and continued walking in-between them. He grabbed Jessica's hand as he did.

"Given how beautiful she is, I have to be." Jessica couldn't help but smile a little, despite his annoying behaviour.

"Well, that she is." Hyunseung muttered. Ren glared at him.

"So, 'Ren' I heard your family owns like the biggest party planning company in the world."

"Pretty sure if there's ever life on other planets discovered, we'd own the market there too." Ren replied.

"Impressive. Does that boastful smile mean you're going to take over someday?"

"Of course. After I graduate from Seoul University of course." As they continued their way to the library, a girl bumped into Jessica, spilling her soda can all over her shirt. Jessica flinched at the coldness.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry! Here, let me help you." The girl atyempted to dab the stain with a napkin, but Ren grabbed her wrist midway and pushed it away.

"Can't you watch out? Blind or something?" Ren glared at her.

"Ren, calm down. I didn't see her too. It's partly my fault.

"Don't worry about it. Eunyoung never really pays much attention to her surroundings." Hyunseung smirked at the girl.

"I love you too, Hyunseung. Hi, I'm Eunyoung." She held her hand out to shake.

"I'm Jessica. This is Ren, my boyfriend. We just met Hyunseung. You guys are friends?"

"Yeah, we go way back. Like, an entire summer. We found out we'd go here about a week ago when we saw each other at the welcoming speech."

"Oh, cool." Jessica smiled at her. Ren rolled his eyes as he used Eunyoung's napkin to try and clean the stain.

"I'm so sorry about your shirt. I'm sure it'll come out through a dry cleaner."

"Doesn't help her now, does it?" Ren glared at her. Eunyoung swallowed.

"Relax, I have gym clothes in my locker. I'll just wear that. It has the school logo too." Jessica assured her when she noticed her freaking out.

"Let's get you dried up." Ren grabbed her hand and dragged her to the girls' changing room. Jes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter