Chapter 8

Dating an Idol
Please log in to read the full chapter

I spent a horrible night, after talking to Minhyuk I was so worn out I went straight to bed, my back ached and it was really hard for me to fall asleep, but at 4 a.m I woke up and had to run to the bathroom before getting sick on my bed.

I won’t get into nasty details but let’s just say I spent all the morning next to the toilet.

I felt so weak I couldn’t summon the force to stand up and get myself something to drink, I couldn’t even fathom the thought of eating something.

I knew I had a fever because I had started sweating, but every time I moved I felt extremely cold.

By midday I was able to crawl back to bed, I wrapped myself with the covers and tried to ignore the overwhelming headache, I had to get some sleep.

It felt I had only slept for a few minutes when my phone started sounding, I groaned and cursed myself for having forgotten to put it back to mute.

-Yeobuseyo? – I asked between coughs.

-Ha In-ah? Where are you?  - Hyunmi asked – we have been waiting for you for ages!

It dawned on me that I had agreed to go to the cinema today.

-Oh crap I totally forgot to call you – I said with raspy voice, my throat was irritated for all the sickness that had been going on this morning – I think I’ve gotten the flu…You two go and watch it, I can’t even get out of bed right now.

-Oh are you alright? Do you need me to get you something? – she asked worried.

-It’s alright don’t come! I don’t want you to get it too, I will be alright, just need some rest.

-OK then…remember to drink lots of water, nae? – she told me.

-Yes alright, I will talk to you when I feel better.

I turned off my phone and closed my eyes, they burnt and as soon as I closed them I could feel them tearing.

My head was about to explode.

Despite desperately wanting to fall asleep to get rid of all the discomfort I couldn’t help but remember the last time I had been ill, I had felt horrible too, but that time I had Minhyuk, even if we still didn’t know what we felt for each other, he was there for me.

My heart hurt, not because of sickness, but because I missed him, normally I could endure not being with him quite well, but today…I was defenceless, I needed him by my side, but he couldn’t be here, and the thought of having to wait for a few more days to see him made me want to cry.

And so I did, not a big cry, because I didn’t have the strength for  one of those, but a low quiet cry, I don’t know for how long I cried, I only know I stopped when the doorbell rang.

I managed to stand up and make my way to the door in a slow, unsteady pace.

Finally, I opened the door.

-Wow Ha In-shi! Today you do look horrible – Hee Joon exclaimed.

-Hee Joon? Wh…what are you doing here?

-Hyunmi told me you were sick, so I decided to come by and check how you were doing, I also brought some things for you to get better – he said raising his arm to show a plastic bag.

-You shouldn’t have – I muttered weakly.

-Oh but I have – he objected – now let me get in will you?

He softly shoved me aside and got inside my flat.

-You really shouldn’t be here, I am alright! – I weakly protested.

I turned to stare at him as he was going inside the kitchen, but I turned around too quickly, and my head throbbed extremely painfully, making me so dizzy my vision blurred.

-Woah! Are you alright? – Hee Joon grabbed me by my arms to keep me on my feet.

-Yeah..yeah don’t worry, I got a little dizzy, that’s all.

-You still think I should leave you alone here? – he inquired.

-Well yeah – I said as I freed myself from his grip – I don’t want you to catch the flu too.

-Don’t worry! I am prepared – he said raising a hand, he put the other on his pocket and when he took it off he had a mouth mask on it – ta daaaa!

He put it on with a triumphant aura.

I softly shook my head from side to side.

-Go back to bed, and try to rest – he urged me – I will take care of it all.

Resigned I went back to bed.

I didn’t have the time to nap before Hee Joon appeared with a bowl of what looked like congee.

-Hey I bought this for you, I think you need to eat something.

I didn’t really feel like eating, but after all the trouble I had caused him I couldn’t bring myself to refuse.

I ate as much as I could, and then he brought some medicines and a few cold packs to bring my fever down.

-Hee Joon – I muttered.

-Yes Ha In? – he asked while he handed me a glass of water for me to swallow the pills.

-Did you dump Hyunmi to come and see how I was?

He looked awkward.

-Well…not really.

-But at this time you should already be watching the movie.

-Well the time for us

Please log in to read the full chapter