Chapter 17

Dating an Idol
Please log in to read the full chapter

I woke up, but Minhyuk was still asleep, we both were in the same position we had fallen asleep in the night before, he was still hugging me protectively, and the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was his neck, where I had snuggled up throughout the night.

I squirmed little by little to try and get out of bed without waking Minhyuk up, he was lying completely dismayed, and he barely noticed the moment I moved his arm away to sit up.

He groaned slightly and moved a bit, but other than that he remained fast asleep.

It wasn’t until I was about to stand up that I realised I was , I knew it was ridiculous to worry about walking around in my own room where no one, not even Minhyuk who would probably not wake up even if there was an earthquake, would see me, but I had never been comfortable walking around without clothes, so I looked around and grabbed Minhyuk’s t-shirt, which was the nearest piece of clothing I could see. I also stopped to grab my underwear before getting inside the bathroom.

-Why don’t you come back to bed? – I heard a groggy voice say behind me after a while.

I finished drying my face with the towel and turned around to see Minhyuk in his underwear, leaning on the door’s frame and rubbing his eye.

I smiled.

-Good morning there – I said, facing the mirror once again, and starting to apply moisturizer.

-Morning – he said, while yawning and taking some steps forward.

He stretched his arms and then allowed them to fall around my waist, hugging me and snuggling his nose in the joint of my shoulders and my neck.

I squirmed.

-That tickles – I told him.

-Hmmm…good to know – he muttered against my skin.

I nudged him in the stomach with my elbow to warn him to behave, and he remained still, with his head resting on my shoulder until I was done applying all the stuff in my face, in fact he was so still I thought he had fallen asleep again.

-So – I said, turning around, leaning against the sink, and resting my hands on his waist – slept well?

-Very – he said, and smiled, while cupping my cheeks – and you?

I nodded.

His smile got broader before leaning in and kissing me softly.

-I can’t believe you are here – he told me in between pecks – I never thought you would come.

-I know – I answered, surrounding his neck with my arms – best decision I’ve made in a while.

He broke the hug, and for a moment he pursed his lips, as if wondering whether he should or not say something, but then, he put his hands on my hips, taking step closer to me.

-And….tell me, how are you feeling? – he asked, a brow raised.

I smiled biting my lip slightly.

-Quite well – I answered.

-You aren’t sore? – he asked sounding surprised.

-In a good way – I replied, tip toeing to reach his lips.

He hummed and smiled against my lips, snaking his arms around my waist and pulling, so I wouldn't be leaning against the sink, but pressed against him instead. 

-Can we go back to bed now, please? - he begged. 

-Who told you to get out on the first place? - I replied, letting myself get dragged towards the bed. 

-It's not fun being in it when you're not there - he answered, plopping down on the bed, with me falling on top. 

I rolled my eyes, but kissed him back eagerly, rolling around the bed and getting tangled with the covers. 

-I never knew you were so energetic in the mornings - I pointed out smiling teasingly. 

He hummed in thought while smiling naughtily. 

-Well dear, we didn't do what we did last night other days - he muttered pecking all the way down my throat playfully - it's enough to get someone pumped up, right? 

-Indeed - I replied, biting my lip as his kisses travelled lower and lower. 

He raised his eyes and looked up to me, his eyes shined and he rose, resting his weight on his forearms and, almost with a jump, positioning himself on eye level with me. 

-Before I get lost in other things - he said, smiling widely, it had been so long since the last time I had seen him so excited, he gave out the same feeling a kid in Christmas gave, and it did nothing but feed the same feelings dwelling up in me - I would like to know what you have done to my beloved girlfriend. 

I blinked at him, then raised a brow. 

-Excuse me? 

He laughed and rolled to one side, to lay on his back right next to me. 

-Well, for all I know a gorgeous girl looking exactly like my jagiya popped out of nowhere, supplanting my studious and hardworking girl, and not only gave me the biggest surprise of my life, but also and incredible night, now, I'm not complaining, because last night was...mindblowing, but I am kind of curious you know? 

I slapped his chest. 

-So you are saying if I were...I don’t know, an alien who has eaten your girlfriend and is supplanting her, would you really not complain at all? 

-Well... - he said thoughtfully. 

-Yah! - I yelled, slapping his chest again. 

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me into his chest for a hug, laughing. 

-I had missed my cute, little and short-tempered girl - he muttered, kissing my hair. 

I snorted against his chest, then leaned my elbow on the pillow and rested my head on my hand. 

-So you are telling me you wouldn't mind me being abducted just because of ? - I insisted. 

He chuckled. 

-Okay, first of all, it wasn't just - he started, putting the tip of his finger on my nose -  I recall saying mind-blowing, I said that because it was beyond awesome. 

I snorted again trying to look incredulous while hiding my blushed cheeks. 

-And I obviously was just saying all that to try and get you to explain me whatever it is you are trying to hide from me. 

I made a face and he laughed. 

-You should know already I know you too well to fool me. 

I sighed. 

-Seriously, how do you do it? - I protested. 

He shrugged. 

-I just do, now - he said, cupping my cheek - what's wrong jagiya? 

I sighed again. 

-I'm dropping out of university. 

Silence. 

For a moment there was only silence, Minhyuk looked at me astonished. 

-Wow - he finally muttered - wow. 

I lied on my back, waiting for the nagging, and the talking, waiting for him to try and coax m into going back and not making such a terrible mistake. 

I felt his fingertips on my temple. 

-Does that make you happier? - I heard him ask. 

I turned my face to look at him. 

-What? 

-Do you feel relieved after taking that decision? - he questioned. 

-Well...yes - I muttered. 

He smiled. 

-Then fine - he said, hugging me. 

-Wait, wait - I revolved and put an arm on his chest to look at him and his confused face - where's all the "university is important for your future", "if you want to find a good job you need studies"...I was expecting a whole rant to try and convince me back into it.

He smiled. 

-Jagiya, I'm not your father... 

-Peniel will react the same way when I tell him - I interrupted. 

-Well thankfully I'm not your older brother either - he replied, his thumb caressing my cheekbone - listen, I just want you to be happy, to feel fulfilled and feel satisfied with your life, I've noticed how lost you've been lately dear, I know not being together took a toll on you, but there was something else, you were lost with what you were studying so, if you tell me you've given it a thought, you're sure, and you're doing it for you and no one else - he added looking at me intently - then I've got your back, and if Peniel gets too unreasonable, I'll talk to him. 

I smiled and brushed a few strands of hair away from his face. 

-What did I do to deserve such a wonderful person like you? - I wondered. 

-Probably being such an incredibly wonderful person yourself - he replied. 

-You know when I tell Peniel I'm dropping out he's instantly going to asume it's because of you? - I warned. 

He changed position, now laying on his back but still hugging me. 

-Would he be right? - he continued before I had the chance to protest - I know you don't feel comfortable there, but are you one hundred percent sure there's not a part of you doing this so we can be together more often? 

I hesitated. 

-I won't deny it's a great pro having your schedule as the only one we need to adapt to, it's a great advantage and I need that too, but.. - I furrowed my brows organising my thoughts - have you ever been stuck doing something out of routine, not really knowing the reason why you're doing it, and just carrying on for the sake of it, and why you do it, that which you thought was something you loved and which at first made you feel excited suddenly loses al its sense?

Minhyuk turned his head and looked at me open-mouthed.

-Wow, why didn’t you tell me all of this? – he asked – I knew you weren’t too happy about your degree, but I never even began to imagine it was like that, you should have told me!

I giggled.

-You were so busy and preoccupied, you have this Japanese promotion and then you’re having the Korean comeback, all the composing and everything…

-Even if I had a million things to prepare, I’m always going to have time for you, I’m always going to be busy with something, but that won’t change the fact that you’re my number one priority, always, doesn’t matter what alright? You can’t keep keeping things from me! – he sat up to look at me – seriously jagiya, it kills me every time I realise there was something driving you crazy and you’ve been quiet about it! Please swear to me on whatever is dearest to you, you will tell me next time something worries you, I don’t care it’s global warming, that you hit your toe against the coffee table or whatever, I don’t care whether it’s night, morning, afternoon, whether you have to wake me up, call me or interrupt me when I’m  in the bathroom…

-Yeah…I think I’ll be able to wait until you get out of the bathroom – I commented.

He rolled his eyes at me.

-You get what I mean.

-I do… - I sat up too, and cupped his face – if I ever have something bothering me again, you will the first one to know, even before I do, I swear on you.

He gave me that adorably childish smile again and literally jumped on top of me, I bounced on the mattress laughing.

-Do you have any idea how incredibly y you look with my t-shirt on? – he told me, kissing me.

-Do I? – I asked, he nodded.

-In fact – he added, lifting it to kiss my belly – I think I should give you a bunch of them so you wear them all the time.

-Really? – I giggled – all the time?

-Well… - he pondered – most of it.

And then he took the t-shirt off.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...

-They’re not answering – Eunkwang announced.

-Why don’t we just start the sightseeing without them? Let’s just tell them where we are whenever they call back – Changsub suggested.

We all agreed on doing that and carried on with our breakfast. Except Peniel who was looking at his plate with a frown.

-What’s with the moody face Peniel-ah? – Eunkwang asked.

Please log in to read the full chapter