Chapter 18

Dating an Idol
Please log in to read the full chapter

-I’m…going…to miss you…so, so, much – Minhyuk said in between pecks.

-I know – I muttered.

-Call me when you arrive, alright?

-It would be better if you called me when you’re done with your activities for the day – I replied.

-Hmmmm – he mumbled, kissing me harsher and lying me on the bed.

-Minhyuuuk ! – I protested – you’re going to make me miss my flight!

-Just five minutes moooore – he begged, refusing to stop kissing me – no wait, ten minutes.

I laughed.

-Minhyuk seriously, I need to leave now – I said.

He groaned and rested his weight on his forearms, pouting.

-Don’t look at me like that – I warned – you’re going to be back home in two days.

-Alright… - he said, with a muted protest.

He stood up and took my hand to help me get off bed.

-Have a good end of promotions alright?

He nodded.

-And you have a good flight.

-I will, if you let me go – I added, grabbing his hands to unwrap them from my waist.

-You’re right, leave now, hurry – he said, with a sad face, it melted me away.

-Awwww look at you, I can’t leave if you’re looking like this, I feel like I’m abandoning a puppy.

-I don’t get why can’t you stay and leave with us.

-Because the airport will get filled with fans.

-You could take a flight a few hours before…

-Minhyuk-ah we talked about this, I need to make some arrangements to leave the university, also I have to talk to Hyunmi  and Hee Joon and explain them why I disappeared so suddenly.

-You could at least let me take you to the airport.

-You don’t have a car – I reminded him – it would be a waste of money to take a taxi, and Kou is driving me.

-Yeah I know.

Kou was the boy from that language exchange app, he turned out to be a lovely guy, and even if we hadn’t hung out for a long time he offered to take me to the airport and see me off.

-Eeeeish stop pouting we talked about it, he’s a nice guy and he hasn’t shown any interest in me other than as a friend – I repeated, poking his chest with my finger.

-Alright, alright! I got it – he said grabbing my wrist to stop me.

My phone beeped.

-Oh! It’s Kou, he’s already at the lobby.

-Talk about the devil – he mumbled.

I rolled my eyes.

-Why is it that you’re constantly surrounded by guys? – he wondered out loud.

-Hmm? – I said distractedly checking I wasn’t forgetting anything in the room – well I’ve always gotten along better with guys.

-Yeah I’m sure it’s that – he said sarcastically looking at my bare legs.

-For Lord’s sake Minhyuk! You’re the only one who stares at me so ertedly! – I protested, pulling down my shorts to try and make them longer.

-First of all, I’m not a ert – he pointed out – and second, that I make it so obvious is only because I’m allowed to look at you like that.

I stared at him in disbelief.

-Don’t give me that judgemental look, you look at me the same way, don’t think that I don’t see you – he said pointing at me.

I blushed and checked  again the room.

-Come on! Leave, the poor boy is waiting for you – he told me with a back hug.

-Alright, yes – I looked around once more – if I forget something…

-I will carry it home for you – he assured, brushing my hair away from my face – come on, go before I change my mind.

-Okay – I tiptoed slightly to kiss him.

-Yep changed my mind – he breathed the moment I stepped back, leaning in to kiss me once more.

I laughed and opened the door blindly.

-Remember to call me – I reminded him.

-Of course jagiya, bye – he said with a wave of his hand.

I smiled at him and went to the elevator, Minhyuk would have to wait for a bit, Kou actually knew BtoB so it was better not to risk it.

-Hey – Kou greeted me the moment I came into sight.

-Hi.

-Do you have it all? – he asked, taking my luggage from my hand – then let’s go.

-You don’t have to carry it all for me – I told him walking by his side.

-I’m a gentleman I guess – he replied shrugging.

I rolled my eyes.

The ride was quiet, we listened to music and I stared distractedly from the window.

-Had fun during your stay? – he asked, keeping his eyes on the road.

-Indeed – I answered – too short though.

-Definitely, you should come back and stay for a few weeks, there are many things to see.

-I wouldn’t worry too much, I think I’ll be coming back quite soon, and quite often.

I caught how he looked at me curiously.

-May I ask why?

I shrugged.

-Business of some sort – I replied with a smile.

He furrowed his brows.

-You’re keeping something from me – he accused.

I shrugged again.

-Maybe, after all, we don’t know each other that well.

-Yet you let me drive you to the airport? – he questioned.

-Well, you offered.

-And you agreed just like that, when we don’t know each other that well – he quoted, his left hand leaving the steering wheel to draw quote marks on the air – I could be a psychopath you know?  Maybe I’m driving you to an abandoned building to kill you and quarter you.

-As long is in that order – I replied.

He scoffed.

-Anyway the airport is right there – I said pointing through the mirror.

-I could be just distracting you – he said with a sinister voice.

I laughed.

-You’re not the first person to tell me that.

He looked at me questionly but I simply shook my head.

He found a spot in the parking and insisted in carrying my luggage again, despite my constant nagging about how I was fine with carrying it and how he could simply go home already and his insistence in keeping me company and helping me out with my in his opinion, overweight luggage.

Once I checked in and was at the limits to where people without boarding ticket could go.

-Thanks for everything Kou – I said – it was great meeting you in person.

-Same here, text me when you arrive to let me know you’re safe and sound – he reminded me.

-Sure, sure, God I’ve got too many nannies – I muttered.

-Oh really? How many? – he inquired.

-Secret – I replied.

He arched his brow.

-One day I’ll find out what you’re keeping so hidden – he threatened.

I laughed.

-I’ve got to leave now, but I’ll talk to you soon.

He smiled and his dark chocolate coloured eyes turned into crescent moons, I had grown fond of that boy, and I said boy, I had learnt he was a year younger than I was, he had finished his first year of en

Please log in to read the full chapter