Chapter 11

Dating an Idol
Please log in to read the full chapter

Ha In recovered from the flu a few days after that, which was lucky because we were already busy with the Korean promotions.

Once again, Ha In and I were back to our only calls regimen, it was being so hard to squeeze time in my schedule to see her, but she was as fine with it as she had always been, even if now she was more open about how she was feeling about my absences.

Finally, after a few weeks of very hard work, I was able to sneak away of my dorm to spend the night at Ha In’s. We had just had dinner when I noticed how awkward Ha In seemed.

-Is everything alright, jagiya? – I asked, brushing behind her ear a lock of hair that was keeping me from properly seeing her face.

She blushed slightly, what only made me raise my brows inquisitively.

-Yes it’s just…. – she bit her lip while attempting to order her thoughts – well you know how Christmas is coming up right?

-Yeah I noticed – I chuckled.

-Well I thought, no, my grandma thought…. – she stuttered.

-Your grandma?

-Yeah well, I talked to her yesterday and she told me I should invite you to London this Christmas…

She stopped when she saw my astonished face.

-It wouldn’t be to spend the holidays together as a family or anything like that! – she blabbered so quickly I could barely understand her – it would be just the two of us…well I mean…anyway I already told her you would want to be with your family, so don’t worry about it!

She brushed it away with a hand movement while trying to leave.

-Wait, wait, wait – I said laughing while grabbing her hand softly.

She stopped on her tracks and I pulled her arm to make her come back. I circled her waist with my arms.

-I’d love to go with you to London – I assured her.

Her eyes opened wide.

-Really? – she asked enthusiastic even before I had time to say anything else.

-Yes, Ha In, I’ve been dreaming about what it would be like to visit England with you, spending time alone and as a normal couple, without having to worry about going outside… - I took a pained sigh – but…

I could see the light escaping her eyes.

-Oh…. – she muttered, almost pouting, while taking a step back and leaving my arms.

-Wait Ha In, let me explain myself – I started.

-Don’t worry, I already told you, I know you want to be with your family, it’s been a long time since you last saw them…

-I saw them last week, remember how you forced me to go and see them the whole weekend instead of being one day with you and the other with…

-And Christmas is a family time, it’s the logical thing to do choosing your family over your girlfriend, my grandma knows too, she just wanted me to offer you…

-Okay, enough, stop right there – I interrupted, stepping closer and covering with my hand.

She made a protest noise but my hand remained firmly placed where it was.

-First, don’t assume things, Christmas in Asia isn’t that much of a family time as it is in Europe, and, if I had the choice I would not doubt even for a second in going with you anywhere, there’s not even the need to leave, if I had the chance, I would choose to spend Christmas with you, over anyone else – she gave me a cynical look but I remained firm in what I said – if I can’t spend Christmas with you in London is…..

I took a deep breath and took my hand away, but warning her to remain silent, and with a questioning look she did.

-Listen, this that I am about to tell you is completely secret, no one can know I told you because I’m not allowed to…but we will be having a comeback on December…

Before she had the time to start fangirling I covered again.

-No, no, stop before you start trying to get information, I can’t alright? – she gave me a disappointed look – I’ll just tell you it’s a winter concept, that’s it, so please no trying to get more info out of me or anyone else, I’m truly dead if someone finds out I told you.

She gave me a nod and once again I took my hand off, she had the biggest of the smiles on her face.

-Please do present your grandmother my apologies – I told her.

She shook her head.

-Don’t worry about it, we can go any other time, maybe once you’re done with the promotions – she said, once again smiling.

-Yah, quit the smirking – I warned her.

She stuck her tongue out at me and ran away to the bedroom before I had the time to catch her.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...

-Peniel – I said while looking out of the window.

We were on our van, on the way back from a fansign.

-Yes, hyung? – he answered.

-Ermmm, do you….is there anything Ha In would specially like for Christmas? – I asked fiddling with my fingers, still looking through the window – maybe she told you something or…

-Aww hyung is so cute! – Ilhoon teased – I think he is even blushing!

I kicked the back of Ilhoon’s seat.

Peniel gave me an amused look before answering the question.

-Well I don’t know…I don’t think she’s talked to me about anything she would specially love….you know how she isn’t too enthusiastic about receiving presents.

-Well she’s loaded, I don’t think there’s anything she would want and doesn’t have –Changsub pointed out.

-Oh that’s right! – Sungjae exclaimed enthusiastically – what do you think she will get for us? I bet the presents are going to be awesome! Peniel-hyung what has she gotten for you other years?

-Yah, you greedy maknae! – I said pissed – do you think my girlfriend is a money dispenser?

-Of course not! I was just wondering…

-Well quit it! Or I’ll make sure you don’t get a single present from her! – I threatened, Sungjae made a face I chose to ignore.

-But then what are you going to do hyung? – Changsub asked – how can you possibly not have a single idea about what she could want? Weren’t you meant to be the best at relationships out of us?

I snorted upon the mention of that fan inquest.

-You can’t possibly still be pissed about that – I said, recalling how he had been last – and anyway, how could the fans know? I’ve never dated any of them….

-Aren’t you dating Ha In? – Eunkwang inquired – omona and I was planning to give her a signed CD! She’s gonna hate it!

I rolled my eyes.

-I do have some ideas… - I said - but all of them are so…normal, I just wanted to give her something very special this year, it’s the first Christmas she’s staying here with me….I don’t know….

-Then what had you thought? If you don’t like those ideas maybe we could make some use out of them – Ilhoon suggested.

I glared at him and kicked his seat once again. He made a pained noise.

-Hyung! – he protested – seriously you should improve your moodiness, that’s not cute at all.

 -Then instead of giving her a present why don’t you plan something for her? – Hyunsik suggested – like a date, to do something together, instead of just staying in her house.

-That’s not a bad idea – I muttered.

-Why don’t you go with her to the cinema? – Ilhoon said – you’ve never gone together, and when I went with her she loved it, she really, really likes going to the cinema with her friends and all that stuff.

-Eisshh that’s so cheap – I said.

-Aihs Hyung! You’re never satisfied with anything – Ilhoon protested, and turned around sitting properly on his seat.

Next to me Peniel’s phone started ringing.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...

-Yeobuseyo? – I said.

-Peniel! I need your help!

-

Please log in to read the full chapter