Chapter 12

Dating an Idol
Please log in to read the full chapter

Once again, BtoB was training hard, preparing their comeback, while, I on the other hand, was getting quite bored, about to start my holidays, and without anything to keep me distracted from the curiosity of what would the boys have prepared for this comeback. They were being more secretive than ever, which was driving me crazy, they would constantly hint stuff when we had dinner together, and I would try to interrogate them completely desperate for information while they laughed at me.

Then one morning I woke up and I had no idea why, my alarm didn’t sound, as I didn’t need to be anywhere that day I was planning to sleep in, yet, by the looks of it, it had to be 8.00 at least.

I stirred a little and I heard a quiet chuckle behind me, that’s when I noticed the hand that was brushing my hair away from my face.

In a normal state, I would have freaked out and jumped out of bed, but when I wake up I am the groggiest of all zombies, I rarely remember the first minutes of my day after opening my eyes, therefore, I turned around groaning, and causing more laughter to the person that had woken me up.

Of course there was no need to worry, it had to be Minhyuk, who else knew the key code to my flat?

-Good morning sleeping beauty – he sang, leaning in to kiss my forehead.

I couldn’t do anything but groan, it seriously took me a while to wake up in the morning, embarrassing as it was.

He laughed again.

-I had missed the looks of you in the morning – he told me.

I frowned.

-Yah! – I smacked him – could you please be nice and lie to me about how pretty I look instead of making fun of me?

-But I wasn’t making fun of you! – he protested, as I sat up – I do like your looks in the morning, you look adorable with your puffy eyes and your messy hair.

I glared at him while I rubbed an eye.

-Either you haven’t slept at all this week or you have a serious problem in that head of yours – I assured.

He shook his head.

-Nonsense- he said – come here.

And without giving me time to react he grabbed me by the arm and put an end to the distance between us.

He kissed me for a long time, as it had been ages since we had kissed, which was actually kind of true. Being my reflexes as slow as they were in the morning, my first reaction was to jump away in surprise, but he wouldn’t allow me to, his hand went to my nape and went back to kissing me. His sweetness, his warmth, melted me until I felt made from molten caramel.

He stopped way sooner than I would have liked him to, he smiled softly biting his lip before giving me a few pecks, first on the lips, and then went up to the tip of my nose and then my forehead and then looked at me straight in the eyes, cupping my face while his thumbs caressed my cheeks.

-I’ve missed you, a lot – he told me.

I sighed.

-I’ve missed you too – I told him, hugging him, resting my head on his shoulder.

None of us spoke for a moment, he rocked us from side to side, one hand on my back, the other on my head.

-Minhyuk-ah – I muttered, half asleep once again, I continued after he made a questioning noise – what are you doing here?

-Oh right! – he said, separating from me, and looking as if he had completely forgotten what he had come to do here – I came to pick you up!

-Pick me up for what? – I asked confused – wait what day it is?

I stretched to reach my phone and took a look to my calendar.

-Wait…You should be recording your MV today…

He laughed was again, I looked up to stare at him.

-I forgot how slow you are right after waking up – I glared at him, but he continued – I came to pick you up, and bring you with me, to the set.

It took me a moment to process it.

-So what you’re saying is…you’re taking me to the MV set…

-Yes

-To watch the MV recording…

-Yes

-Of your new mini album’s single…

-Yes.

I closed my mouth and stared into infinity while Minhyuk looked at me worriedly.

-Ha In-ah? – he asked, waving his hand in front of my face – you’re alright?

-Give me a second – I asked – I’m having and internal fangirl implosion.

He stared at me speechlessly and then took my hand to pull me off bed.

-Come on and get ready! We’re going to be late!

-Late…you’re right…yeah – I said, and ran towards the kitchen to have breakfast while trying not to act insane in front of him.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

By the time we arrived to the set I was doing my best not to jump up and down, I was aware of Minhyuk looking at me through the corner of his eye while driving, and chuckling quietly at my enthusiasm.

-God I can’t wait to see the boys, really – I told him as he parked.

-You must have missed them a lot – he said – I keep forgetting that even if I think I don’t see you  enough the boys see you even less often.

-Yeah well most of the times you see me are when you come to sleep at my house, I don’t think the guys could join to that.

-Definitely not! – he said shaking his head, I laughed, laughed for quite a while, because it had been so long since I last laughed from something Minhyuk had said.

I noticed how he had been staring at me while I laughed and I quickly stopped, trying to act with dignity (quite an arduous quest since he had seen right after waking up).

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...

I couldn’t help but look at her with a smile creeping up my lips, it had been so long since the last time I had heard her laugh so freely and happily, and God hadn’t I missed that sound.

She was startled when she noticed how I was looking at her, and a soft blush appeared on her cheeks, I had to force myself to stop looking at her, because I knew it would make her uncomfortable, but gosh, she was too beautiful not to look at.

-Well – I said clearing my throat – we should go inside, I still have to get ready.

She nodded, but didn’t move.

-Minhyuk-ah – she said, turning to look at me.

-Hmm? – I muttered while unbuckling myself from the seat.

-Well, once we get inside we’re going to pretend I’m only Peniel’s sister right?

 My brows furrowed I turned to look at her, she didn’t look sad or anything, but a smile that I could just define naughty was on her lips, that confused me even more.

-Well yes…

-Then, just before we go in…

She launched herself into my arms and kissed me. I froze, if I’m not wrong that was the first time she took the initiative in our kisses, and it took me by surprise. Before I had the time to regain the control of my body she pulled away.

-I just wanted to kiss you once more before that – she told me.

I didn’t give her time to move again and I kissed her once again, way more aggressively than I had this morning after waking her up. She was right, once we stepped out of the car we would have to go back to pretending, and even if I didn’t really mind, since we would still act quite the same as we did alone, it had been too long since the last time we had been able to freely kiss, and I too wanted to enjoy that .

All I could feel was the blood pumping through my veins, my pulse sounded loud on my ears, and I had the feeling Ha In’s had gone as mad as mine, her hands were on my hair, and one of mines left her neck to move towards her waist. The car wasn’t the most comfortable place to kiss in given the gear shift between us and all the stuff, but we didn’t really care, all I could think about was of how much I had missed her, and how badly I needed to kiss her.

-Minhyuk-ah – she said half gasping as I briefly broke the kiss to get some air.

-Hmmm? – I mumbled, my mouth now travelling down her neck.

I felt her hands on my chest, trying to get some space between us.

-You have a music video to shoot remember?

I stopped and looked at her, her eyes were shining and her breathing was as unsteady as mine, I dropped my head and properly sat once again on my seat.

-Yeah you’re right.

-Come on Minhyuk-ah! –she said enthusiastically before getting out of the car.

I shook my head and smiled before following her.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

I didn’t get to do much in the shoot, I didn’t expect to either, I tagged along their manager, trying not to get in the way of The Beat’s cameras, and watched how the boys danced and lip-synced in front of the camera.

The whole set, with their wintery concept, was magical; I felt like in the middle of a Disney parade of some sort, it really did feel like Christmas.

And the boys looked gorgeous with their white trousers and their coats, they had to be roasting though, I was feeling hot because of the lighting and I wasn’t wearing a

Please log in to read the full chapter