Chapter 4: Am I Really Lucky?

All My Heart

 

     As the plane lifts up, I felt the feeling like being in a roller coaster ride, I can’t explain how it feels but I’m really scared. [I’m scared because this will be my first time to ride a plane.] The whole production crew of the said TV Show was with us all along. There were a lot of chit-chats while in the plane so the flight wasn’t boring at all. I have gotten close to a staff named ‘Rica’. She was cute and lively and she can speak Korean which made me amazed at her. We became friends instantly and chatted throughout the travel.

     When we landed in Korea, the cold air greeted us. It was really cold unlike in the Philippines. Good thing we are all wearing a scarf and a thick jacket so we weren’t cold at all. There was a surprise gift given to us by a production staff. My friends and I were given a cell phone each which we can use while in Korea. The one I got was a pink-colored phone which was really cute. I instantly put the song ‘All My Heart’ as the ring tone.

     We will be spending our whole week in a hotel in Myeong Dong. As we travel by a car to go there, the people that we see as we pass by the different streets in Seoul were really fashionable. Every winter outfit they wear was really great.

     When we arrived at the hotel, it was already 6pm. I instantly lay in the bed without eating anything. I guess I was really tired because of the travel and I decided to take a nap first.

     I woke up at 11pm and saw everyone in the production team was sleeping including my two friends. Seeing this opportunity to sneak out, I prepared my money and my things so that I can have a solo trip and stalk near the SM Entertainment building. [Crazy me, I still think about Super Junior during these times.] I rode a taxi to get to Gangnam. Then, I rode a subway train and got off in Apgujeong, [I memorized the places in Seoul before we left for this trip. I even brought a map incase I will get lost.] I saw a Girl’s Generation and a 2NE1 advertisement while in the train. Then I rode a bus and walked for some time and then I saw the SM Entertainment building right in front of my eyes.

     “Every ELF dreamt of this moment and I am now living their dream. I am now standing in front of the SM Entertainment building waiting for another miracle to happen. I really wish that I’ll see Super Junior again especially that guy that made my heart beat again. LEE SUNGMIN, I am now here. I really wish to see you.”

     I stayed in front of the building for hours and waited but still there were no signs of any SME artists. I was really getting bored so I went for a walk and wanted to eat because I felt that I was so hungry not being able to eat from 6pm up to now but I realized that my money was not enough. [Ever since, I really wanted to try the one they call ‘Dokbokki’ and ‘Bulgogi’ but I can’t right now because I don’t have enough money.] Then, I saw someone went out from the SME building. He wasn’t an artist though, but he looks cute. I even forgot how my stomach growls because of his cuteness. I passed by the SME building hoping that I will see some artist but I didn’t saw anyone.

     It was already 1am and the street lights in Seoul were really shining. I really felt like that city was alive even though it’s already in the 1 in the morning. Because of being amazed by the lights, I walked and walked until I reached a place in Seoul which I am not familiar with. There were many left and right turns. I don’t know which way I entered and which way to go out. “I am getting lost right now and I really am very hungry. I don’t know where I am. I want to eat right now. I want to go back to our hotel but I don’t have any money to get there again. What will I do?” I asked myself. While turning into different corners, I felt like there was someone following me. I felt afraid and even blamed myself for getting out without telling anyone. “Omo~ what will happen to me? I am really scared now. Please someone help me.” I was already screaming in my mind.

     I was already panicking then, suddenly, I heard ‘All My Heart’ playing. At first I thought, “There’s an ELF nearby, maybe I can ask her help.” Then, I realized that it was only coming from my phone. “My phone is ringing… someone is calling me… I can be saved…” I thought. But as I get my phone from my back, someone touched my shoulder and when I turned around, I saw someone but then everything went black. [Because of being tired and hungry, I collapsed.]

     When I woke up the next morning, I was in a bed and there were too much pink stuff in the room. Even the bed, the blanket and the pillows were all pink. I thought, maybe a girl saved me from last night. But then I heard too much noise from outside the room. It seems like there were many people talking and it was really too noisy.

     I wanted to get up but I heard my stomach growling again. “I haven’t eaten since last night”, I thought. I remembered everything that happened. I was strolling alone and I collapsed because of being tired and hungry at the same time. I was trying to find where my phone was but then I heard someone walking and opening the door of my room. I pretended to be asleep.

     While pretending to be asleep, I can hear loud voices from outside the room. They were speaking in Korean and I can’t understand some of their words. The person that entered the room was quiet. I think that he must be observing me. I can’t pretend to be asleep for a long time because I can really feel the hunger so I started to pretend to be waking up and to my surprise the person who is now in the room was…

     “Lee Sungmin?” I was shocked. My eyes became really big and I even blink many times to make sure that I am not dreaming. He was there. He was really standing there.

      “Lee Sunhi, 안녕, 괜찮아요? (Hello, are you alright?)