Chapter 1: At the Concert

All My Heart

 

I’ve been a fan girl since I’ve heard their song ‘Sorry, Sorry’ on the radio. Tomorrow they will hold another concert in my country and I’m lucky I will now be able to watch this concert. [Thanks to my father who bought the ticket for me because of my endless pleading]. I’m really excited for this concert because this will be the first ever concert that I will attend in my life. Even though, I will go there alone, I’m sure that I’ll meet some friends from my text clan and meet some other ELFs.

Before and after buying the ticket for the concert, I was really amazed with myself because I’ve stayed calm until now. I’m wondering how I will react once I’ve seen Super Junior. [I get kind of hyper once I see them on television, what more if I see them in person.] I was getting ready preparing for the things that I will bring tomorrow at the concert venue when my father called me from downstairs,

“Ya~ your Korean boys are on TV”.

I’ve instantly came down to watch the news about them. It was the news saying that some of the members have already arrived in the country and the other members would arrive tomorrow. They’ve captured the members who arrived today and one of them is my bias.

“Wow! Sungmin is already here”, I said.

The only reaction that my father made was, “Where’s Shindong? I can’t see him. Will he be at the concert too?”

“Ne~ he’ll be at the concert, he’ll be coming tomorrow”, I’ve answered. [By the way, Shindong is my father’s bias in Super Junior because he said that Shindong is the only member in the group who’ll still look like a guy even in a woman’s dress].

After the news, I climbed upstairs grabbed a pillow and I’ve screamed. I really am excited for tomorrow…

The next day…

“Omo~ this is the day that I’ve been waiting for.”

I’ve already brought my digital camera, my sign board, my light stick and some things that I made for every member of Super Junior. [I will throw the keychain on stage, hoping that they will notice it and keep it.] I will be wearing a shirt and a hat that I’ve bought in an online shop. I’ve also made a pink shirt that I’ve designed and hope that Sungmin will see it once I’ve thrown it on stage.

While travelling, I was looking for some ELFs so that I can have some company in my long journey from my house to the concert venue. While boarding the MRT, I saw someone wearing a Super Junior sapphire blue shirt. [The same as mine, the only difference was, in her shirt ‘Certified GAMER’ was written at the back while mine was ‘Certified VITAMIN’.] I instantly approached her and we became friends already. Having so many things to talk about, the long journey wasn’t boring. We’ve talked a lot and got to know more about each other, we even exchanged numbers and email addresses.

After arriving at the concert venue, there was only a short line of people. ‘I guess I was too early and excited’. I’ve stayed at the last person in the line and waited for the gate to open. After waiting some time, the line was already long and the gates will open soon. The MRT girl and I have different seats, so we said goodbye to each other. Then, we entered the venue.

The venue was really big. I’ve seat in my place and look around.

“There are really many Philippine ELFs present today.”

I’ve exchanged smiles to everyone I saw. I’ve talked to the person seated in my both left and right seat. The one seating in the right was a Donghae-biased and the one seating in the left was a Siwon-biased. I haven’t had anyone close to me who is a Sungmin-biased. I was the only Sungmin-biased in our place. Most Sungmin-biased was on the other side of the venue and some were 10-16 seats away from me. The place I was seated in was near the stage, I will be seeing a lot of Super Junior members if they will pass on this side. While waiting for the concert to start, the song ‘All My Heart’, ‘Marry U’ and ‘No Other’ were played. All the other ELFs including myself sang along.

The concert started with Yesung screaming. Screams from the ELFs were heard. The first song they’ve sang was ‘Sorry, Sorry’. They were really great. I was screaming along with the audience while taking pictures and videos of their performances. Every Super Junior member has a serious look while dancing and singing. After singing three of their hit songs, they’ve introduced themselves. They we’re speaking in Korean, I can’t understand some of their words but I can still understand some of the words that I know and there was English translations being shown on the screen. After their introduction, their solo performances followed. I was screaming like crazy while Sungmin was performing alone. I died because of Kyuhyun’s voice. Donghae, Shindong and Eunhyuk we’re really great dancers. Heechul was really good-looking and he is really milky-white skinned. Leeteuk was singing while playing the piano. He was really great. Ryeowook and Yesung’s voice were really awesome. Siwon singing an English song is really nice. I even sang along while Siwon was singing because I knew the song. All of their solo performances were really amazing and breathtaking. Then, group performances were seen. All of them were running all over the stage like crazy while singing and playing. Siwon passed in front of us.

“He’s really cute”, I thought. The girl on my left was screaming when Siwon smiled at us.

I thought, “She might collapse because of too much happiness.”

Sungmin was placed in front of us during the ‘Our Love’ performance. He was really in front of us. I can’t help but smile because I can really see him up close, take pictures of him and wave at him.

While he was singing, I was screaming “오빠~오빠~ 성민-오빠~ 사랑해요오빠~ (Oppa~ Oppa~ Sungmin-oppa~ I love you oppa~)’”.

I was waving my light stick and hope that he will notice me. I reached out my hand, hoping that he’ll touch it just like the other members do. I was shocked because he held my hand and sang his whole part of the song without letting my hand go. He was looking straight at me. I was looking straight at him too.

I thought, “I might melt because of what he’s doing to me. This short moment felt really long to me. I can already die now because of happiness”.

After singing his part, he let my hand go and smiled at me. I smiled back at him and said, “감사합니다오빠, 사랑해… (Thank you oppa, I love you)”.

I waved my light stick to him and he waved back. I saw him talked to one of the staffs of the concert. I didn’t know what he said but I saw him looked at me again. He even pointed his fingers at me and smiled again to me. I was really curious why on earth Sungmin pointed his finger at me.

There was a video played on screen and the whole stage was dark.

The staff that Sungmin talked to came up to me. He gave me an I.D. and told me, “You’re a really lucky girl. Sungmin asked me to give you a backstage pass. You can be on the backstage with Super Junior after the concert. Don’t lose this ID and never tell anyone.”

“O~ O~ Okay… Thanks…” That’s the only word I said because my mind went instantly blank after hearing the word ‘backstage pass.’

I was like “Omo~ a backstage pass? From Sungmin-oppa…I really am lucky. Thank you Lord. 진짜고마워… (Thank you very much...)

The concert continued, I screamed along with the audience not because of the performance but because of the once in a lifetime chance given to me to meet Super Junior backstage. I enjoyed the performance while waiting for the concert to finish. I saw Sungmin passing by our place most of the time. He was smiling a lot. I took a lot of pictures of him and also Kyuhyun, Donghae and Yesung. I wasn’t able to take a lot of picture of my other biases like Eunhyuk, Heechul and Leeteuk because they were moving fast and all I captured were blurred images but I didn’t deleted it. All performances were really energetic and we, ELFs were really hyper and active just like our oppas. There was this video showed where in I really ended up crying. All the other ELFs near me cried also. I don’t know but I was touched because of the video shown.

Then, our SuJu oppas where seated in different part of the stage for the ‘All My Heart’ performance. Sungmin was placed in front of us once again. This performance was my favorite one among all other because ‘All My Heart’ was my favorite song plus the fact that Sungmin was seated in front of me. Our SuJu oppas let us, ELFs sang the whole song and smiled after hearing that we know the song. I saw Leeteuk and Eunhyuk crying. I was also crying because everyone was singing and the SuJu members were smiling while singing along with us. I thought that Leeteuk and the other member were touched because ELFs are still here after everything that happened and ELFs still love and cherish them. [I am proud being one of those ELFs].

The concert came to an end, others ELFs excitement and energy were already drained but I was still hyper because of what will happen in the backstage.