chapter 6

Obvious

"Kyuhyun, do you have anything against.. People like Ryeowook?"

 

Sungmins scared voice ringed through Kyuhyuns ears. He stopped his ministrarions on Sungmins chest, intrigued by the sudden change of mood. "Of course I don't, why would I? He's really nice to me, his ual preferences shouldn't matter to me" he said.

 

Sungmin refused to maintain eye contact with the younger, afraid that the latter would see through him.

"Oh, great. " Sungmin released a soft sigh "I was worried that you would stop hanging out with him because of that" he mumbled,  his gaze focused on the light pink walls that seemed really interesting at the moment.

 

Kyuhyun released a light chuckle "Don't be stupid, I'm not like your father."

 

Sungmin crackled a smile although the words stung him quite a bit. He could deal with that later, when it was time.

 

They spent the next few minutes in silence, enjoying the warmth of the conforter.

 

Although it seemed like they were enjoying the silence peacefully, Kyuhyun's mind was working madly.

 

Why did Sungmin care about what he thought of Ryeowook?  Was the elder that afraid of him rejecting Ryeowook? But why?

 

He didn't have anything agaisnt gay people, in fact, he did come in terms with his homouality long ago (though it was not something he was confortable talking about.)

 

He didn't have the guts to tell Sungmin about it yet, afraid that by confessing his ual orientation, he would feel more free to do skinship with the elder (like he wasn't a skinship maniac already) and make Sungmin unconfortable. The possibily of Sungmin rejecting him didn't even cross his mind.

 

As every silent second passed, the tension inside his chest was growing more and more.

 

He felt eager to confess it to Sungmin, to finally vent out that secret he had buried deep inside himself.

 

Kyuhyun released a soft sigh and seeked Sungmin's hand under the covers, squeezing it lightly.

 

The desire was becoming unbereable.

 

The lust he felt was growing more and more at every glance he took at Sungmin's pale face.

 

Sungmin was currently oblivious at the storm that was happening inside the younger's head. He simply laid limp on the bed, eyes darting to every possible direction except Kyuhyun's.  The elder was trying to calm down his racing heart, a very difficult task since Kyuhyun was breathing on his neck, making him flush even deeper.

 

Refusing to indulge in any sort of sinful acts, Kyuhyun pushed the conforter up, hiding his face under it, and pretended to fall sleep.

 

It was the only way to escape from his own thoughts.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

Eventually Kyuhyun found himself being kicked out of Sungmin's room, since the elder needed to study, and, according to him "I can't focus on math with your pretty hanging out around me"

 

He released a short laugh at that, and quickly turned his heels and left the room.

 

He didn't want Sungmin to see the blush that crept up his face.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"You know, you should tell him" Ryeowook said, glaring holes at Sungmin's back, who was currently laying down Ryeowook's bed, face hidden in the sea of pillows.

 

"As if it was something easy Wook." Sungmin snorted, his face emerging from the pillow. " Apparently he got all worked up when he found out your , are you stupid or what!? I thought you were trying to be careful about your gayness. Altough that is not something you can do quite well."

 

Ryeowook released a mischieovous laugh, lips forming a smirk as he his heels and faced Sungmin "I did that on purpose, Idiot"

 

Sungmin gaped at him, his eyebrows scrunched.

 

'What?'

 

Ryeowook snorted and turned back to Sungmin, now facing his computer. "I like to call it the 'shake Kyuhyun's closet until he comes out of it' plan" he finished, poiting his pen at Sungmin's confused face.

 

"which consists of...?" Sungmin mumbled as he propped himself on his elbows.

 

"Well he is a really awkward human being. I can feel that he already knows that he swings both ways. Or one way. The gay way. Whatever. But he doesn't tell you, like, seriously, his eyes dart to your every 5 seconds."

 

Sungmin merely gaped. 

 

"Don't throw the oblivious card at me, idiot. You know it's true"

 

Sungmin tossed around, kicking the air like a mad man " I know, I can FEEL his eyes on me. But what if he, I don't ing know, ignore me for the rest of my life" he mumbled miserably.

 

"You know, after what you did to him, you kind of deserve it"

 

"RYEOWOOK"

 

"wow ok calm down Mincess" Ryeowook sneered, rolling his eyes "Tell him. He won't do anything harsh, you're his only true friend, he won't dare to cut ties or anything."

 

Sungmin kicked the air again in frustration "but what if he does?" he whined. "I mean, I feel bad that I'm hiding something from him since we share basically everything, but what if he, I don't know, call me names and throw me out of his room and-"

 

"Lee Sungmin, he won't. You know he won't. Think about this as a..."  Ryeowook  looked up and tapped his fingers on his chin, looking deep in thought. ".. As a step towards an even closer friendship and perhaps a future romantic relationship!" he said

 

Sungmin sighed for the umpteenth, glaring at Ryeowook.

 

"Fine" he whispered.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

It took  Sungmin good 5 hours for him to calm down.  He was currently staring at Kyuhyun (who was, as usual, studying) through his window. Beeing careful to not be noticed, Sungmin had been crumpled down for nearly 40 minutes, just plain staring at the younger, trying to come out with a way to bring on the much avoided subject naturaly.

 

oh just screw it.

 

"Like ripping a band-aid, Sungmin, let's do this quickly"

 

Sungmin got up his "hiding" place, and opened his window.

 

He closed it behind him and knocked on Kyuhyun's window softly.

 

Kyuhyun spread a wide smile on his face at the sight of a messy haired Sungmin crunched on his windowsill. He opened the window welcoming Sungmin inside his room.

 

Sungmin didn't even spare Kyuhyun a glance and jumped at the latter's bed, lying boneless over the soft blue sheets. Kyuhyun closed the window quietly, and droped the curtains, he didn't want Sungmin's father to peek on them.

 

Gathering a pillow in his lap, clutching it close Sungmin started "I need to tell you something, if you're going to throw me out, please be kind to leave the window open to me" he bluntly said.

 

Kyuhyun merely gaped "Min what are you even saying-"

 

"Kyuhyun, I'm gay"

 

Sungmin remained in the same position, not blinking, eyes staring right back at Kyuhyun's dark brown orbs.

 

"You're my friend and I don't think I could hide it from you any longer" Sungmin sighed, eyes never darting from Kyuhyun's "So if you're disgusted by me in any way, or intend to end this friendship, please don't restraing yourself from doing so" he finished.

 

"please, please don't push me out" Sungmin thought

 

Altough he was sporting a serious look on his face, he was having a mental breakdown

 

"What did I do? Oh my god What did I do!? He'll hate me, cripple me, burn me to ashes and throw them in the Han River-"

 

Sungmin's thoughts were interrupted when Kyuhyun latched himself to Sungmin, his long limbs enveloping the elder in a tight hug.

 

Not saying anything, Kyuhyun kissed the top of Sungmin's forehead, and refused to let the latter go.

 

Silence quickly enveloped them.

 

Sungmin was making his way towards insanity.

 

"Kyuhyun please say something" Sungmin whispered, his laboured breath and quiet voice breaking the silence. It had been minutes since Kyuhyun had last said a word, and that was making Sungmin doubt of himself once again.

 

But Kyuhyun hadn't thrown him out... That was a good sign, right?

 

Kyuhyun released Sungmin from his embrace, staring at his eyes. His dark orbs shining in the dim light of the room.

 

"Why were you so scared?" Kyuhyun said, not dropping the eye contact.

 

Sungmin shifted in his position unconfotably, trying -and failing- to find a more confortable position to settle himself.

 

He felt like he had gone mute.

 

Why did he hesitate so much in spilling everything to Kyuhyun?

 

Sungmin remained quiet, urging Kyuhyun to speak something. His small hands clutching on Kyuhyun's sleeves like a child.

 

Sensing that he wouldn't get answers from Sungmin, Kyuhyun continued a small smile forming in his lips.

 

"You seemed so scared even though you had this fierce expression on" Kyuhyun chuckled softly.

 

Sungmin stared at Kyuhyun. His eyebrows scrunched. "I though you-"

 

Kyuhyun scooted closer and breathed his words in Sungmin's ear.

 

"I like you, Lee Sungmin"

 

I like you Lee Sungmin

 

The words echoed one thousand times in the time span of seconds inside Sungmin's head.

 

He didn't mean what he though he'd meant....

 

Right?

 

It didn't make any sense. Why was Kyuhyun so okay with the fact he pretty much lied to him?

 

Why was he so acceptable when all he did was being...selfish?

 

Sensing Sungmin's disconfort, Kyuhyun gripped Sungmin's wrist and pushed the latter closer.

 

It was becoming hard to breathe.

 

The younger's hands pressed gently against his nape.

 

His chest was going to burst.

 

Kyuhyun lowered his head, and as gently as ever, he pressed his lips over Sungmin's. They remained motionless, apart from Kyuhyun's lips.

 

Sungmin's heart was doing somersaults inside his ribcage. He was Intoxicated by the feeling of Kyuhyun's lips on his, Kyuhyun's hands on his nape, intoxicated by Kyuhyun's presence. Before he could press the younger close to him, and get a taste of the latter's mouth, he broke their kiss.

 

Kyuhyun brushed Sungmin's bangs out of his eyes, smiling contently.

 

Sungmin was trembling. No he was shaking. The force of what they'd just done was finally hitting him. He had kissed his crush, no scratch that, his crush had kissed him, and dear lord, it felt amazing.

 

"So, where does this leaves us?" Kyuhyun whispered, a shy smile resting on his face. Suddently the younger's actions seemed more cautioned, almost unsure. He wasn't pressing himself fully on Sungmin like he did before... It seemed like he was setting some sort of imaginary boundary.

 

"Where do you want this to leave us?" Sungmin replied, refusing to stare back at Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun rested his head on the crook of Sungmin's neck, mouthing the words that Sungmin so longed to hear.

 

"All I know is that I don't want you to leave me."

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

so.. it's here! ( ´・ω・)つ

This didn't came out at all like I intended to, but well..

I read all comments (and they make me so so so so happy!) and I'm sorry I can't reply to them often, my schedule's pretty hectic..(。ノω\。)

Well I hope you all like it!

Also, I'm on twitter in case you want to talk to me or demand for updates! @kyuminxs

special thanks to my usual beta readers, clara, yuki and rahma ♡