Better Alone

Who Am I

The door closed lightly and I was finally left alone. The sun outside kept the bed sheet warm and the cold apple in my mouth was sweet and made the softest crunching noise as I chewed: silence. I absorbed this feeling of the room while staring at the white wall in front of me. I imagined all the different colors it could be, and different animations that can be drawn on it to bring it life.

 

Without realizing, the animations formed into Gongchan bouncing around over all the walls of the room. He has disturbed my peace and quiet all morning but, for some reason, it didn't bother me. Even after being attacked in the courtyard, it was hard to stay upset that with them in the room.

 

Them. There was Jinyoung too. He wasn't as hyper as Gongchan, but how. Is. He. Possible? How can he know exactly what I'm thinking? I don't like people being so close, but for some reason, he speaks so calmly that it seems to have an affect on my nerves when he's nearby. It seems okay if he's talking to me. I'm not scared when he's nearby.

 

Just as Ana says, I don't know why I'm comfortable with their music nor do I know why it sounds familiar. But when I hear their songs, I can relax. When I watch their videos, seeing them smile brightly and running around, I feel like I'm there too: free. Seeing them in person, their eyes are different. Unlike the doctors, they aren't fake. Their smiles are true: full of innocence.

 

No. Shake these thoughts out of your head, Tori. You don't need these noisy people around. Noise-- that's all they are. This is best: the silence, the trees outside, the birds that come by the window, the sun that keeps this room warm. Doesn't matter what happens to those people and what happens outside this window. This is what I like best.

 

I took out the cell phone Ana left in the top drawer and began to play its contents. "With You" by B1A4 began to play. My thoughts ceased and my body relaxed to the music playing. I closed my eyes and rested my head on the wall behind me. It feels good to be by myself again.

 

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

A/N

I'm quite surprised I've got some followers reading my story! ^^ makes me happy. Will try to update as often as possible and get this story rolling haha~ :)