Chapter Six

Red

After their so-called 'date' is over, Jackson has thought that their relationship would evolve into something more. Well, Mark did call him boyfriend, right? Also, Mark did kiss him, right? Even if it's just on the cheek. 

Those are enough to talk about whatever relationship they have going on, right?

 

Seems like he thought wrong.

 

After the date, Mark hasn't talked to him. It is not a problem if he does it for a short time but it has been a week. A whole week. 

 

Why? 

 

Why doesn't Mark talk to him? Or worse, is he ignoring Jackson?

 

Just thinking about it makes Jackson's head and heart ache. Did he do something to make Mark react like that?

 

He is snapped out of his trance when he suddenly feels a finger poking his right cheek.

 

He turns to his right around and is met with the face of his best friend.

 

"Why so glum, dear best friend?" Jaebum asks.

"Nothing." Jackson replies with a sigh.

 

Jaebum looks at the direction Jackson was looking a moment ago and he finally understands.

 

"He still doesn't talk to you?"

 

His question is answered with a sigh by Jackson. Hearing that, he also sighs. Why is this so complicated? Can't Jackson just confess to Mark that he has been crushing on that guy for as long as he remembers? 

But of course. This is Jackson Wang we're talking about. Of course he won't confess. He would say something like "He won't like me." or "What if he laughs at me and don't want to be friends with me anymore?" and the possibilities are endless. 

 

"Why don't you start talking to him first?" Jaebum suggests.

 

Jackson's eyes widen at his friend's suggestion. Did he just really say that?

 

"Dude, I can't do that!" Jackson exclaims.

"Why not?" 

"Have you seen him? I mean, look at him! He's basically the definition of perfect."

 

Jaebum glances at Mark, who is talking to Jinyoung and turns back to Jackson. Raising his eyebrow, he asks

 

"So?"

"And look at me!"

 

Jaebum scans his best friend from head to toe.

 

"What about you?"

"I'm just Jackson." He said with his shoulders down.

"So?" 

"Can't you see it, man? Mark and I are not meant to be together."

 

Jaebum sighs. Just how dense is Jackson really?

 

"So you're just gonna give up?"

"It's not like he will ever like me so, yeah."

 

With that being said, Jackson walks away from his locker, leaving a confused and worried Jaebum.

 

 

[×][×][×]

 

 

"Sooo~ when are you going to start talking to him?" Jinyoung asks.

"Huh?" Dumbfounded, Mark raises his eyebrow.

"You do know that you've been ignoring Jackson for the whole week right?" Jinyoung explains.

"Uhh.. Yes?" 

"May I know what the reason behind this, Mark?"

"I have my own reason. I'll tell you when the right time comes."

 

Jinyoung sighs. He doesn't even know what to do anymore. He and Jaebum have discussed about this. They had a plan but it failed before it was even executed.

 

"I just hope for whatever reason it is, it'll be worth it. Jackson looks so sad you know? He thought you're just playing him. I mean, you called him your boyfriend and even kissed him but then you ignored him for a whole week. C'mon. I know you're better than this."

"I hope so too." Mark says with a low voice. Suddenly, he doesn't feel confident anymore. He feels guilty. He knows. He knows that Jinyoung is right. Who is he kidding? Jinyoung is always right. 

 

Jinyoung pats his shoulders and walks away. Mark watches his friend's disappearing back. He clenches his fist. 

 

"I'll make this work. Trust me."

 

 

|•||•|

Author's note:

So short. SORRYYYYY! AND THANK YOU,