Chapter Three

Red

Jackson paces back and forth in front of his closet. His mind has been repeating the same question since an hour ago. 'What should I wear?' It's a great thing that nobody can read minds, because if they can, they would be laughing at Jackson. Jackson is like a school girl who is going to a date with her school crush. Well, that statement is not entirely wrong.

 

After what seems like an hour and a half, Jackson finally picks a red and black sweatshirt, a pair of black jeans and finishes his look with his favourite snapback.(His outfit in Follow Me MV) He checks himself in the mirror and nods. 'Looking good.' He smiles to himself.

 

He sits down on his bed for awhile and his mind drifts to a certain redhead then to his unknown date. He is sure that his date can't push his redhead out of his heart. No matter who they are. 

 

Maybe he has to rethink about that.

 

His thought is cut off when he receives a text from Jaebum.

 

From: JB

Dude, come out. We're here.

 

Jaebum doesn't need to tell him twice because as soon as he reads it, Jackson is already on his feet. Rushing out his room, he shouts to his mother thst he will be going out with his friends. He doesn't even make sure that his mother hear him. His mind is occupied with meeting his date. He doen't know if his heart is beating fast because of his run or because he's nervous. 

 

Wait. What? Nervous? Jackson Wang is never nervous. Except for when Mark is around.

 

Getting out of the house, his face falls when he only sees Jaebum and Jinyoung in the car (which is Jaebum's by the way). He thought that they already pick up his date. Well, he can wait. It's not like he is excited to meet his date or anything. Yeah, he's most definitely not excited.

 

Keep telling yourself that, Jackson. 

 

Drom the doorway, he sees Jinyoung smile at him for a while then continue texting on his phone. 

 

As soon as his lands on the seat, he feels his hands sweat. 'Oh no.' He thinks. His hands will only sweat when he feels Mark is around. 'But there's no Mark here.' The sentence is supposed to make him feel better, but why does he feel so sad?

 

He is too deep into his feelings, that he doesn't realise the car has stopped. At the moment, he knows. He knows that they've reached his date's house. He suddenly feels like his heart will explode and damn, he thinks. Why does his date has every single symptoms he feels when Mark is around?

 

You know what they say, Jackson. Always trust your guts.

 

He can't find the courage to look up when he felt a presence sits beside him. His eyes widen when the person a.k.a his date speaks.

 

"Where are we going?" 

 

Wait wait wait wait wait.Why is his voice sounds like Mark's?

 

Collecting the courage he has, he glances up for a moment and he swears that the world stops. How can he forget? Of course his date is Mark. He is Jinyoung's best friend.

 

He doesn't hear Jaebum answer the question but he is sure that his date is smiling because of it.

 

Snapping out of his trance, he feels his cheeks heat up. 'Oh great, this is definitely the right time to blush.' He thinks and hides his face in his hands.

 

He only looks up again when Jinyoung calla his name. He mutters a small "what?" and looks at Jinyoung.

 

"You and Mark already look like a couple. Wearing couple clothes and all. And even the same way of wearing snapbacks. It feels like me and Jaebum are the thirdwheel."

 

At that time, he notices. Mark is wearing a red checkered button-up underneath a black knitted sweater and a pair of tight black pants. And he is wearing a black snapback backwards, which is the same way as Jackson's.

 

And Jackson wishes he could disappear when he hears Mark speak.

 

"Aish. Jinyoung, don't tease my boyfriend like that."

 

And if only he looks up, he could see that Mark is smirking.

 

 

 

(~^.^)~

An early birthday present to all of you! Thx for reading! Comment?

Q: Do you think Eric Nam ships Markson?