Behind the Scenes

Red

I. [CHAPTER 1]

Mark cursed as he stepped his foot out of the school building. He just realised that he had left his snapback in the classroom. Hats and snapbacks weren't allowed in class so he put it inside his locker at the back of the class.

With a sigh, he turned and walked back to his class while cursing himself.

Without wasting any more second, he immediately went to his locker to retrieve his snapback. He wore it and smiled. 'Time to go home,' he said to no one.

As he was about to go out of the class, something caught his attention. It wasn't so hard to be the centre of attention when the said thing's colour is so vibrant.

He went closer to it and he saw that it was a book. Without a second thought, he flipped the book open to see if there was any name written on it so that he can return the book to its rightful owner. 

'Property of Jackson Wang', it read.

Mark smirked.

 

II. [CHAPTER 1]

Mark watched as Jackson walked to his locker. His hearbeat was erratic. He had something planned but he was so nervous to do it.

He looked around and for sure, they were the only ones left. 

'Okay, Mark. You can do this.' he said, encouraging himself. He pushed his hair up and with newly found confidence, he walked to Jackson who was now too busy doing something else that he didn't notice Mark.

Mark leaned against the locker next to Jackson's and waited for him to finish.

 

III. [CHAPTER 2]

"Mark~ guess what?" His friend, Jinyoung came running to him with a grin. 

"What?" Mark asked, uninterested.

"Jaebum asked me out today! YASSSS!" He screamed in the middle of the hallway.

Instinctively, Mark looked around to check if someone was watching them. He swore, his friend was an embarrassment. He loved Jinyoung anyway.

"But, that's not the only good news I have!" Jinyoung continued. That, got Mark interested.

"You, my poor friend, are going on a date as well."

Mark wanted to protest. He wanted to say that he didn't want to go on a date if it's not with Jackson.

He was about to say something when Jinyoung cut him off again.

"You're going on a date with Jackson."

"YAAAAASSSSS"

...His scream was louder than Jinyoung's. Thank god there wasnt anyone around.

 

IV. [CHAPTER 3]

Mark paced back and forth in front of his closet. He had textes Jinyoung to tell him what Jackson wore so that he could match with him. It had been ten minutes and Jinyoung hadn't sent him anything.

He flopped onto his bed and sighed.

Just then, his phone vibrated. He took it from the bedside table and looked at the message flashed on the screen.

 

From: Jinyoungg

Red and black sweaters, black jeans, black snapback. Hurry up.

 

In an instant, he was on his feet. He opened his closet door and searched for the matching outfit.

 

V. [CHAPTER 4]

Mark walked behind Jackson. His eyes were trained on Jackson. Well, to be more exact, he was staring at Jackson's hands. They look so lonely, Mark wanted to hold them so bad.

'Then just do it, Mark.' His heart said.

'Yeah, Mark. Do it.' His mind agreed.

What could possibly go wrong, right?

He took a deep breath and caught up to Jackson. Slowly, he reached for Jackson's hand and grabbed it.

He like it. He like the way Jackson's hand fit in his so perfectly.

 

VI.(i) [CHAPTER 5]

Mark looked at the paper in front of him. He had answered the questions easily. But, the last  question made him think.

'Why do you like your lover?' 

He wanted to write that he liked Jackson because he wasn't afraid of being himself. He liked Jackson because Jackson made him laugh even when he didn't realise it. He liked Jackson because Jackson was funny even when he didn't try to be. He Liked Jackson because Jackson made him happy. He likes Jackson because love had never been so beautiful before him.

Instead, he wrote.

'I like him because he is Jackson.'

 

VI. (ii)

Jackson stared at the last question.

He didn't know what to write. Not exactly, but he had so many reasons that he didn't know which one to choose.

He liked Mark because of his confidence. He liked Mark because Mark seemed happy in whatever he did. He liked Mark because Mark never complained about anything. He liked Mark because his smile made Jackson's heart beat faster. He liked Mark because he always forgot how to breath when their gazes met.

Instead, he wrote.

'I like him because he is Mark.'

 

VI. (iii)

The thing was, in the paper, it never asked what your lover's name was.

 

 

VII. [CHAPTER 7]

"Cmon Mark. Help me this one time. Please? I need to practice." Jimin pleaded.

"No. I don't want to. What if Jackson heard me?" 

"You just have to say it once then it's over. Please?"

Mark rolled his eyes. "Ugh okay."

"Great. Let's start  now."

A nod.

"Eric, the first time i laid my eyes on you, I knew that you're made for me. the first time I saw you smiled, I felt like the sun had lost. The first time you look at me, I could see our future together.

What I want to say is.."

"..date me?"

 

 

 

 

 

...◇...

Author's note:

And thats the end.

Thanks to everyone who have stayed until the very end.

Im sorry I disappointed a lot of you when I didnt update sooner than I promised.

Last but never the least, my love will always be with you. I love you.

 

MARKSON FOREVER!