07

The Last Chapter [DISCONTINUED]

I'm sorry if there are typos. Lol.

=====

 

“Sojeon, Chanyeol wanted you to come hang out with us today.” Ahra said through the call.

Sojeon got up from her laying position, and groaned. “You called me this early just to tell me that?” She heard a “mhmm” from Ahra and then sighed, while she sat up completely and rubbed her temple.

“Sorry. I got work today.” Sojeon said, and got up kicking the blankets off of her. She walked towards her bathroom, turned the speaker on her phone, placed her phone on the sink, and then gathers her hair up into a pony tail.

“Can’t you just call in sick?” Ahra asked, sounding desperate.

“You know I can’t afford to do that.” Sojeon said, and then bend down to wash her face.

“Your boss is a head.” Ahra said frustratedly over the phone. Sojeon rolled her eyes, and shook her head.

“I know.” Sojeon agreed. She took her toothbrush, and then rinsed it under the water before adding the toothpaste onto there.

“If you go, I’ll help you look for a better job.” Ahra said.

Sojeon rolled her eyes, and shook her head once again. “I’m hanging up.”

“Wait!” Sojeon stopped herself from pressing the red icon. “So does that mean you’ll come?” And the line ended with Sojeon clicking on Ahra. She brushed her teeth, and got ready for work.

Thinking about it, maybe it was time for Sojeon to find a new job. She’s been working there for a while now, and her boss was not the best. Maybe she’ll start looking for a new job soon, but for now it’s best for her to just not miss a bay at all.

 

 

“Time waster, there’s a customer at the door.” Sojeon’s boss said, not looking up from her money calculation at her desk office.

Sojeon rolled her eyes, and walked over to the customer at the door with a smile on her face.

“Hi there. How many?” The customer told the amount of people there was, and Sojeon walked them over to their table. “Here’s the menu, and I’ll be back to take your orders.” Sojeon went to the kitchen to go grab them some water.

“You’ve got another customer waiting.” Sojeon’s boss said, and Sojeon rolled her eyes, glaring at her boss before she walked away. After she gave the customer’s their waters, she headed to the customers at the door, and greeted them with a smile. But her smile faded, when she saw familiar faces.

“U-uh…Hi. How many?” She asks, in a shaky voice.

“Sojeon?” Mrs. Lu said. Sojeon felt a lump forming in . “Honey, its Sojeon.” Mrs. Lu smiled and Mr. Lu also smiled when he recognized her.

“You’re right. Sojeon, how’ve you been?” Mr. Lu asks.

Sojeon gave a small smile, and bowed slightly before she answered him. “Good.”

“Sweetie, I’ve missed you.” Mrs. Lu said, and then she hugged Sojeon. Sojeon was shocked by the sudden contact.

“Uh, please. Let me take you to your table.” Sojeon pulled back, and gave her a small smile before she lead them to their table.

“I’ll be back to take your order.” She handed the Lu’s the menu, then went back to the kitchen to bring them water.

When Sojeon was in the kitchen, she leaned back on the wall, and took in a breath. She was confused upon on how she felt. But for sure, she was nervous. But a part of her was….normal?

Sojeon came back out with the water for the Lu’s, and then took their orders. The whole time, Luhan never looked at her. How was she supposed to feel? She asked herself.

 

The whole time that the Lu’s were eating, Sojeon kept stealing glances at Luhan. She was confused as to why he didn’t acknowledge her, but then she realized that they were already back to strangers. It was sad, but that was how Luhan was putting it.

“Sojeon!” Sojeon sighed, and went into her boss’ office. “What happened to the tip that the customers gave you? Did you forget that 75 percent of it goes to me?” Sojeon mentally glared at her.

“I’m sorry, but the last I remember, I have given you the right percent of my tips last week already.” Sojeon said.

“Are you lying to me right now? Do you want to get fired?” Maybe that’s what I’m waiting for, you witch Sojeon bowed, and apologized once again. “You better not keep any tips for the rest of the week. It must go to me. I’m also giving you a lower pay this time too.” You ing salty pig Sojeon nodded, and was excused.

Sojeon stepped out of her office, and sighed, but something, or someone caught her attention. She looked up and saw Luhan standing there. She was frozen in place, as she didn’t know what to do. Luckily for her, Luhan entered the bathroom, with was across from the boss’ office.

She sighed, and then walked back to the counter. Mrs. Lu was already there, waiting to pay.

“Sojeon sweetie.” Mrs. Lu smiled.

“Are you ready to pay, Mrs. Lu?” Sojeon asks, and Mrs. Lu nodded.

“Can I also get a to go tray?” Sojeon nodded, and handed her a white foam tray.

“Your total is $25.76” Sojeon pushed in on the cash register.

Mrs. Lu handed Sojeon the money, and right then, Luhan walked by.

“Luhan, dad’s already in the car.” Sojeon tried her best not to look up. She focused on counting the money, and noticed that Mrs. Lu had given her $20 more.

“Mrs. Lu, you gave me $20 more.” Sojeon handed the bill back to her, but Mrs. Lu smiled, and told her that it was tip for her.

“Ah, it’s okay. Please, $20 is too much.” Sojeon said, but Mrs. Lu wouldn’t take back the money, so Sojeon had to keep it. “Thank you then, Mrs. Lu.” Sojeon smiled, and her eyes accidentally landed on Luhan. He looked like he didn’t want her to keep the money. Or did he?

“Alright, well we’ll be going now. Work hard and I hope to catch up with you again soon.” And with that, Sojeon was left alone, greeting and seating her customers.

 

 

 

Sojeon was forced to work overtime, and it was already seven p.m. She locked up the restaurant and headed to her house. Sojeons’ stomach growled, but she wasn’t hungry at all. Her phone beeped, and she took her phone out. It was a text from Ahra.

*From Ahra;

Come to Suho’s house. They are hanging out again.

-Ahrara<3

*From Sojeon;

Why do I have to come?

-Jeon.

*From Ahra;

Because they want you here.

-Ahrara<3

*From Sojeon;

They barely know me.

-Jeon.

*From Ahra;

Okay fine. Chanyeol wants you to come over, and he doesn’t have the guts to text you. And I’m not lying when I said they wanted you here. They kept asking for you.

-Ahrara<3

*From Sojeon;

I don’t want to come. Just got off work, and I’m tired.

-Jeon.

*From Ahra;

Oh come on. Have a little fun, dude. I promise you this time, I will not ditch you.

-Ahrara<3

*From Sojeon;

Nah

-Jeon.

*From Ahra;

YOU BETTER COME OR ELSE!

-Ahrara<3

Sojeon chuckled at the text, cause of Ahra’s little threat. All Sojeon wanted to do was go straight to home, shower, then knock out. But somehow, she found herself going the other direction.

*From Ahra;

YAH! Are you really not going to come?

-Ahrara<3

*From Ahra;

If you don’t come, then I’ll give Chanyeol permission to kidnap you.

-Ahrara<3

Sojeon’s phone was beeping crazily, and Sojeon was just laughing at the texts. It was ridiculous and cute at the same time.

*From Sojeon;

I’m outside -.-

-Jeon.

Sojeon could just see the big smile on Ahra’s face. She waited for Sojeon to come out, while she waited at the front door. It didn’t take long before the door opened, revealing that it was definitely not Ahra at the door.

“Chanyeol?” Sojeon said.

The giant at the door smiled, and rubbed the back of his neck. “Ahra kind of told me that you were out here.” Sojeon looked around, while she mentally cursed at Ahra. She played her once again.

“So….are you not letting me in?” Sojeon asks, and Suho suddenly pops out.

“How rude of Yeol. Of course, I’ll let you in if he doesn’t let you in.” Suho laughed, and Chanyeol looked away slightly embarrassed.

“Hyung…” Chanyeol said. Sojeon found it cute, how Chanyeol was embarrassed easily. Well, to be quite honest, she has never thought of Chanyeol cute in this way, but at the moment he was cute.

Chanyeol mumbled something before he pushed Suho away a bit, making way for Sojeon to enter. “Please come in.” Sojeon gave them a small smile before she entered.

Ahra ran to Sojeon immediately after she entered. Ahra tried to sugar coat the situation by throwing a few aegos at Sojeon, when she saw Sojeon throwing death glares at her.

“I missed you.” Ahra said. Sojeon didn’t say anything.

Ahra sighed in defeat. “Okay I’m sorry. Happy?” Sojeon cracked a smile, and nodded.

Ahra dragged Sojeon outside to where they are barbequing, and everyone said hi to Sojeon. Sojeon was actually a little uncomfortable still because she had only met them once.

“Don’t be shy, Sojeon.” Suho came by and swung his arm over her shoulder, then sent a smile at her. Sojeon couldn’t do much, but send a small smile back.

Chanyeol on the other hand was getting a little jealous over the fact that Suho was able to get in contact with her already, when they’ve only met twice, whereas Chanyeol has been trying for a while now to even have a conversation with Sojeon that’ll last at least longer than three minutes.

“Ah, look at the love birds.” Sehun said, while everyone turned their heads to the direction where Sehun was talking about. There they saw Luhan and Rani holding hands.

Lovebirds? Ahra thought in her head.

“Man, I don’t know how you guys did it, but one year without seeing each other physically is pretty touch.” Sehun said.

“Oppa, we skyped daily.” Rani said, and Sojeon raised a brow.

Daily? When? How? What?

Ahra sensed Sojeon tensing up, and walked over to Sojeon. In the process of that, Luhan and Sojeon had eye contact for a swift moment. But Luhan cut the contact off, when he went back to staring lovingly at Rani.

Ahra wrapped her arms around Sojeons arm. Chanyeol saw the move that Ahra did, and he suddenly felt bad for Sojeon.

“Let’s go back inside. I’m kind of cold.” Ahra said, and dragged Sojeon back inside.

They dated for a year already? Luhan and she were in contact, but she didn’t even get to contact Luhan herself? Sojeon didn’t get it at all.

Ahra had walked Sojeon out to the balcony, and sat her down.

“Hey… Are you okay?” Ahra asks.

It took a moment for Sojeon to reply, but she smiled and nodded.

“You want to talk about it?” Ahra asks.

“I don’t know.” Sojeon looked down.

“Are you okay?” Ahra asks.

“I’m fine. Well, I’m not fine. I’m here.” Sojeon answers. “I just don’t get any of this at all.” Ahra just sat and listened.

“Every day, I have to go through this phase, where I feel like if anybody spoke to me, or looked at me too closely, my tears would fly out of my eyes, and my sobs would fly out of my throat. And I don’t want to feel like that, because I feel like every day, I’m holding in a sneeze.” Sojeon said, as her eyes started to get teary.

“I just feel like this is all a nightmare that I am living in, that I wake from time to time. I can’t be strong enough, because I just let the pain take over, allowing it to numb the pain of being left behind.” Sojeon sighed, and then looked up to the sky. Sojeon let out a light chuckle before she looked Ahra straight in the eyes.

“Luhan has been acting like he doesn’t know me.” Sojeon smiled. Her smile looked almost bitter. “If he acts like he doesn’t remember me, was it because we never met? Or because he wished we hadn’t?” And with that, Sojeon’s tears finally fell, while Ahra embraced her. Sojeon was thankful for Ahra, because at that moment, Sojeon just needed her warm embrace. It made her feel like she actually mattered still.

 

-----------------------------

Hehe, was this chapter confusing? Idk, I just felt like writing something so yeah. I hope you guys enjoy, and please leave me a comment. Btw, hi new subbies ^^ I hope you’ll enjoy the story. Oh, and uvpove(ifyouwant) if you’re enjoying so far.