03

The Last Chapter [DISCONTINUED]

MY TYPOS ARE SO FUNNY AND LEGIT BD
Warning; a tiny self harm scene ahead....

------------------------

Having a broken heart is like having a broken rib. Nobody can see it, but it hurts with every breath.

Sojeon remembers what her mother told her, a few nights before she passed away. She told Sojeon that she shouldn't cry over Luhan leaving. She told her that everything will be alright in the future. She told her that, everything happens for a reason. But Sojeon told her mother that she doesn't understand why she's crying about Luhan leaving. She creid about Luhan leaving, because she just lost her bestfriend. There was no last goodbyes. There was no last hug. She felt anger by the fact that Luhan just left her. Sojeon told her mother that nothing is going to be alright. But deep down, she wanted to tell her mother that without Luhan, the air she breaths wont be the same anymore. Nothing will be the same anymore. And then she asks her mom what the reason was. If everything happens for a reason, then what's the reason for Luhan leaving her?

It was the worst summer of her life. Why was it the worst summer ever of her life? Well, Sojeon's mother passed away, and her father left her for his new wife. Funny how he can move on so fast. Sojeon didn't hate her father to a big extent, but she did hated him to that extent as well. She felt betrayed by everyone that she loved. 

At the beginning of grade ten, Sojeon found a job. She started working, and supporting for herself. She managed to pay the for the house bill, and just enough for the elexctricity bills, and enough for her to feed herself. She rarely turns the lights on, because she found no use for them anyways. She was already use to a dark world. What can the light possibly do, to over shadown the dark world she lives in?

When Luhan left, and all those mishap happened to Sojeon, the one who was by her side through it all was Ahra. Ahra helped her out a lot, and Sojeon was thankful for her friend. Over the years, they've became bestfriends. Well, sort of like bestfriends. 

Sojeon wasn't the type to tell her problems to anyone, besides Luhan. But since she couldn't tell Luhan anymore, she was forced upon herself to selfharm. Sojeon has scars, all over her arms, on her legs, and even near her ribs.She was sane, but that was the only way for her to release everything that she was feeling. 

Eventually, Ahra found out, and scolded her. Ahra even cried in front of her, and Sojeon was glad to know that Ahra will always care about her. Now, Sojeon doesn't cut anymore, but she still has her battle scars that remains.

Sojeon was indeed in love with Luhan. Sometimes, she wondered if Luhan had stay, where would they be at right now? Will they still be friends, or will they be something more? The thought of her missing her chances at telling Luhan about her real feelings made her sad. She wasted her time, and chance. Luhan left. What if she had told Luhan about her feelings for him, will that have made him change his mind? Will they have been in contact still now? All of these questions ran through her mind, every other day. But the one thing that runs through her mind everyday was Luhan.

She was suppose to move on in life without him, like how she had decided last night, but why is she here in her bathroom, breaking her promise to herself, to never self harm again? Sojeon's tears flow out of her eyes, as the blade cuts right open the skin on her arm, and blood slides down onto the bathroom floor. Why was she so weak? She hated being weak. She was suppose to be stronger now. Now that she was alone, supporting herself. But sometimes, people get tired, and they just quit. Is that what she was doing right now?

Why is she self harming? Sojeon self harms, because sometimes, a person can only be strong until they reach their limit. Sojeon has reached her limits, and she just wanted to quit. She wanted to quit everything.

Everything that has happened to her in the past few years were overwhelming, and she was alone to even help herself. It was tiring.

There was a knock on the door, and Sojeon stops what she was doing. 

"Sojeon, are you home?" It was Ahra. She couldn't let Ahra see her like this. She rinsed the blood on her arm away, and the blood spots on the sink. 

"Yeah, let me change first, and I'll open up for you." Sojeon shouted back as normal as possible.

"Uh, sure." Sojeon heard Ahra replied.

Sojeon ran to her room, and wore a black long sleeve shirt. She patted her face, then let out a sigh. If Ahra knew about this, she would totally flip, and Sojeon would feel guilty for what she did. Sojeon walks to the door, and opens it.

"What are you doing here?" Sojeon asks monotone as usual.

Ahra rolled her eyes, and invited herself in. "Sheesh, can't I spend a night over at my friends house?" 

Sojeon steps away, and stares at Ahra for a second before closing the door, and following Ahra to the living room.

Ahra the living room light, and complained. "What are you, a vampire? Lighten up a bit, Sojeon." 

Sojeon made an irritated face, and reached for the lights to turn them off.

"Hey." Ahra half shouted. 

Sojeon gave her a warning look. "It's still bright outside. We don't need to turn on the lights." Ahra frowned, and then sighed.

"It's six o' clock in the evening." Ahra said.

Sojeon didn't reply back, but walks over to the couch in the living room, and sits down. "What are you doing here?"

Ahra sighs, and follows. "I told you, I'm here to sleep over."

"Why?" Sojeon asks. She didn't want to be rude, but right now, she didn't want Ahra to be here.

"Just cause." Ahra replied. "I bought junk food, and movies. Let's watch them." Ahra suggested, and Sojeon wanted to decline but didn't. Ahra walks over to the tv, and turns it on. She pops the dvd out of its case, and pushed it into the dvd player. "I hear this movie is great." Ahra said, pressing play, and grabbing all her bags she brought to the kitchen. She pulled out the chip bags, and the soda bottles along with the popcorns. She popped one bag of popcorn into the microwave, and walks back to Sojeon.

"So, this is how its like at home, huh. Maybe I should come visit more often." Ahra started. "Girl, it's so hot, why are you wearing a long sleeve?" Ahra asks.

Sojeon avoid looking at Ahra. "It's kinda cold." Sojeon replies, keeping an eye on the tv.

Ahra made a weird face, and walks back into the kitchen.

The two girls spent the evening till night, watching movies. 

"Losing people you love affects you. It is burried inside of you and becomes this big, deep hole of ache. It doesn't magically go away, even when you officially stop mourning." One of the characters in the movies said, and Ahra immediately thought of Sojeon. Why is it that this movie is matching Sojeon so much right now?

Ahra turns to Sojeon, and sighs to herself. She doesn't want to see Sojeon hurt anymore.

"So, how was the date with my cousin?" Ahra suddenly asks.

"Okay." Sojeon replied.

"The guy came home and texted me what happened." Ahra said.

"What happened?" Sojeon asks as if she didn't know already.

Ahra sighed aloud. "Sojeon, c'mon. It's been six years. Can't you forget about him already?" 

"Him?" Sojeon asks.

"You know who I'm talking about. Don't play dumb with me." Ahra said, almost angrily.

"I forgot about him already. Don't bring him up." Sojeon said, coldly. But Ahra wasn't even afraid of Sojeon.

"If you have, then why do you still cut yourself?" That's when Sojeon dropped her head.

"How did you-" Sojeon was cut off.

"Know? Seriously, you're wearing a long sleeve during summer. You said it was cold. I wasn't born yesterday. I know when you lie, Sojeon." Ahra said. "I thought that even though Chanyeol might be weird or awkward, maybe at least you two could try something out, and he can at least little by little, help you forget about Luhan." When Luhans' name left Ahra's lip, Sojeon felt a sharp pain in her heart.

"You don't understand what it feels like." Sojeon fought the tears that were forming. Luhan. She hasn't heard that name in a while. And when she heard his name, she realised that she can never forget Luhan. She can never happily forget him, because she never got to say goodbye.

"You're right. I don't kunderstand, but I do know that you're hurting. When will I get to see that Sojeon four years ago, again? When will you be happy again? When will you stop hurting yourself?" Ahra asks.

Sojeon didn't reply. She just sits there, and listens. Ahra was right. When will she be happy again? NBut then an image of Luhan pops into her mind, and she realizes then that it can only be Luhan. 

"I'm happy the way I am, Ahra. You don't need to worry about me." Sojeon stands up, and starts walking away. "I'll be in my room. Please turn off the tv and lights, once you're done with the movie." Then she exits the living room.

Sojeon walks up to her room, and closes the door. That's when the tears she held in fell. Sojeon found it so hard to breathe in this world. Everyone she loved most, left her. She had no one. Luhan left her. Her mother left her. Even her father left her. She haven't heard a word from Luhan, or her dad. Was it that hard to live with her? 

Looking up, she saw the turtle sitting on her desk. It was the turtle that Luhan had given her. Sojeon picks up the turtle, and stares at it for a while. "Where are you, Luhan?" Tears streamed down her face, and she lays on her bed, tired and worn out.

 

Even without Luhans' presence, he was still a big role in her story.

 

----------------------

I had no idea where I was going with this chapter, so it was kinda boring. As I said before, it'll get better later on. Don't forget to leave me a comment, and upvote if you're liking this so far. BYEYEOM.