01

The Last Chapter [DISCONTINUED]

First off, if there is any typos, I am sorry for that. I am typing this at 2 in the morning, so yeah. Couldn't sleep, so I decided to finally update chapter one on this story. Please read the authors note on the bottom (:

-------------------------

It takes a second to say hello, and a lifetime to say goodbye. Why am I saying this, you ask. It all started in middle school, when I was a seventh grader. That's when I met him. I still remember everything clearly, as if it all happened yesterday. I remember, it was passing period. I was walking to english class, when I spotted him. Surprising how there was a big crowd, but it was him, who I spotted. 

I remember something in my gut, pulling me towards him. So I followed after him, and although I've always thought all boys had koodies, I thought there was something special about him. That was why I wasn't afraid to be near him. I followed him, and I realize that he was walking towards my next class. I remember praying that he will have the same class as me, so I can become closer to him, but then my hopes all fell, when he entered the class next to mine. The one minute warning bell rung, and I sighed, walking faster to the door next to the room that he had entered.

I thought to myself, that it was okay. At least he was next to me. Not literally, but you guys get what I mean. 

Throughout class time, my mind was only set on him. I kept wondering, as to why I keep thinking about him. I tried keeping my mind on class, but it wasn't working. As if he was somehow, pulling my thoughts towards him, without even trying and knowing about me. I was having a war with myself in my head, and I was literally getting a headache. Luckily, time flew by so fast that class ended. It literally felt like I was only in class for five minutes. Snapping back into reality, I remember the boy in the next room, so I packed my things, and hurrily out the door. Unfortunately, he was gone when I got out, and I let out a disappointed sigh. 

Next time, I will definitely catch him, and introduse myself. I'm usually not the person to introduce myself, because I was always so shy, but for me to introduce myself to him, it was something different. It just felt right, for me to introduce myself to him.

 

 

Eventually, I befriended him, and I honestly don't remember how I did that. It was those type of friendship, where it just forms without you noticing it. You guys get what I mean? I'm pretty sure you guys became friends with your friends, and forgot how you even became friends, am I right? Anyways, I got to find out his name, age, and almost everything about him.

His name was Luhan, he was the same age as me, but a week older than me, and his favorite colour was black. (a/n; I just made that up.) I learned that he had amazing features. When he laughed, he had the cutes wrinkles under his eyes, that almost looks like whiskers, his doe like eyes, were so beautiful, and his laugh was music to my eyes. I know I am young, but is this what the adults call love at first sight?

Luhan and I have gotten so close, that we were practically bestfriends. I'd know when he was doen, angry, or mad. He'd know all those things about me too. Its like to each other, we were open books for one another. He knows things about me, and vice versa. Our friendship lasted all the way until highschool. That was when I was sure of my feelings towards Luhan. I mean, I've known him for two years, and to be honest, he's what I think about most of the time. But I caution myself about liking him too much. We're friends. What if I reveal my feelings for him, and he doesn't accept them? I would look like a complete fool, and then things would just get awkward, right?

I remember one day, where Luhan and I stayed after school, because we had to clean the clasroom. I remember my heartbeat beating so fast, when I was alone with him. This didn't only happen once, but it happened a few times already. I kept myself occupied with sweeping the classroom, to get my mind off of Luhan, and it did. At least until we were finished cleaning, and heading our ways home.

I've never been in a relationship before, so I don't know what to do. My friend Ahra tells me that if I liked Luhan, I should quickly tell him, because he might slip from me. I refused to, because Luhan and I are bestfriends. What if I ruined our friendship? 

"Luhan, can I ask you something?" I asked him, as we came out of the school gates. 

"Yeah, sure. Anything." Luhan responded, and smiled at me, as he led his hands up to grap the straps of his backpack.

"I like someone." I started, and let my breath out slowly, before proceeding. "Do you think I should tell him?"

Luhan seemed shock by what I just said. "My little Sojeon likes someone? Who is it?" He asks, and raised one of his brow.

I let out a small, nervous chuckle that he didn't seem to catch my nervousness. "Just someone."

He stopes, and turned to me. "Sojeon, I need to know who this guy is, to see if I will approve of him or not." 

I can hear my heartbeat, when he looked me in the eyes. "He's... I... I don't wanna tell you who he is." I said, and turned away, continuing to walk, but at a faster pace.

Luhan jogged up behind me to catch up, and he sighed. "Well, if you really like him, then you should tell him. But I promise you, if he ever breaks your heart, I will break his neck." Luhan fist pump the air, and smiled at me.

I smiled back, and dropped my head. "But what if he's a friend, and I don't want to ruin our friendship by revealing my feelings towards him, because he might not feel the same way? Should I still tell him?" I asked.

I heard Luhan gasp. "You're in love with me." My head shot up faster than you can say IloveLeeKikwang. I can feel the colour of my cheek turning pink, and I began to panic.

"N-no, i-it's not you!" I shouted, to sound convincing. Luhan only laughs, and held his stomach.

"Oh Sojeon, you're so fun to tease." He said, wiping away the tears that were forming form his laughter at the corner of his eye. I pouted at him, and socked his arm lightly. "I'm serious, Lulu!" 

"Hey, hey, hey. What did I say about that name?" Luhan pointed a finger at me, and scolded me. I slapped his finger out of my face, and held my backpack straps, telling him that I was being serious right now.

"Okay, okay. If you really like him, then tell him. Even though you believe he might not like you, still give it a shot. You might get lucky. And if things don't work out, I am always here to support you." Luhan says genuinely, and sends me a warm smile. It took a while for me to respond, but I smiled at him, and linked my arms with his. 

"Lets hurry back before it gets late." And I ran, dragging Luhan with me.

 

The next morning, I noticed that Luhan was distancing himself from me. He rarely talked to me, and I was staring to get frustrated and confuse. Did I do something wrong? Did I say something wrong yesterday?

He kept avoiding me, and I tried my best to try and talk to him. Eventually, I got tired of his silent treatment, and I too, ignored him to keep myself from strangling him, cause that's what I wanted to do the most, when I see him.

It went on for the next couple of days, and we didn't talk since. 

Today was the day right before thanksgiving break, and my mother received a phonecall from Luhans' mother, asking us to go over tonight, to have a meal with them. Weird how they were doing a dinner so early, when Thanksgiving wasn't even here yet.

That whole school day, I avoided Luhan, and Luhan avoided me.

"Hey, what's wrong with you and your boyfriend?" Ahra asks.

I scowl at her, and dropped my head. "He's not my boyfriend, Ahra. And I don't even know myself." I finally gave up, and sighed. "He started to ignore me, ever since last, last week, and II don't even know why." 

"Well, did you tell him about your feelings?" Ahra asks.

"I don't know." I slump down on my seat, and sighed. "I mean, I didn't, but then I don't know why he's mad at me, Ahra." 

"Maybe he's just having a hard time right now, Jeon." I sighed, and placed my head down on my desk. 

"Then he should be talking to me like how he always does. It doesn't make sense." I said.

School ended, and I walked home alone. I even waited for Luhan, but I figured eventually that he already left home. It was getting colder, as the weather has been changing. When I got home, my mother told me to go get change immediately, and that we were heading to Luhan's place. I didn't feel like going, but maybe this is the time to set things straight. Find out why he started to ignore me.

 

 

We were in the Lu's home, and their home was always beautiful. I remembered when I first stepped foot into this home. I completely fell in love with it.

"Oh, Sojeon darling. I'm so glad to see you here. You must be looking for Luhan already, huh. Well, go on ahead. He's in his room. When you get there, please tell him to hurry, and come down. Dinner will be in twenty minutes." Mr's Lu ushered for me to head on up, and my mother and father nodded in approval.

I walked up the stairs, and then the first door to my left was Luhan's room. I knocked on it, and waited for the door to open. My breath was taken away, when I saw him. It wasn't because he looked stunningly amazing, which he does, but because I get to see him up close again, in what feels like forever.

"Hi." I said. I saw hesitation in his eyes, and I wanted to frown, but instead I smiled as if nothing happened.

"Hey." Luhan says.

"Your mother says dinner is in twenty minutes." I informed him.

"Oh... Okay." He says.

I hated how it felt so awkward right now. Why was he making things awkward.

"So, how you been?" I asked, and laced my hand together in front of me.

"Good." Luhan replies.

I bit my lip, and scan my eyes around, before replying. "That's good to hear."

That's it. End of conversation. He didn't even ask how I was doing. I couldn't take it anymore.

"Look Luhan, I don't know if it was something I did, or something I said, but can't you at least talk to me? You ignored me for the past two weeks, and now, you're making things awkward. Like, do you not want to be my friend anymore? If you don't, you could have just told me, instead of making me wait, and feel like this." I said, feeling frustrated as ever.

He didn't respond back, and I sighed.

"I don't even know if this is my fault, but I'm sorry okay." I said. "But if you don't want to be my friend anymore, then it's okay. We can stop being friends, if it makes you happier."

That's when the unexpected happened. Luhan grabbed my wrist, and pulled me in for a hug. I was so shock, that my heartbeat accelerated super fast.

"Don't apologize. I should be the one saying sorry. It's my fault. I was being stupid." My hands slowly went up to his waist, and I tightened them around his waist.

"I forgave you already Luhan." I said.

It surprised me, when he hugged me longer than what I thought. But I wasn not complaining. I actually like how this all feels. But then he pulled away, and I had to try my best to hide my disappointment.

He greeted me with a warm smile. A smile that looks best on Luhan, and can make me feel so many things.

"I will always be your friend. I promise. So don't unfriend me." Luhan says, and I let out a laugh.

"You're a dork Lulu." I said, and flicked him on his forehead. He let out a small painful 'ouch', which only made me laugh more.

"Evil." He whispered, rubbing his forehead, and I only chuckled. At that moment, he looked so adorable. But then he stops, and smiled at me. He grabbed my arm again, and pulled me into his room. "I got to show you something." I had no choice but to follow him.

We walked pass his bed, and now we were standing in front of his computer desk. "Isn't it cute?" Luhan said.

Did I just hear Luhan use the word cute in a sentence, coming out of his own word? I looked at what he was showing me, and bursted out laughing. It was a turtle, giving us the puppy eye. Luhan pouted, and waited for me to stop laughing. I did.

"Yep. It's so cute, Lulu." I teased.

"Yah, that name! I hate it." He half shouted, and I laughed somemore, holding onto my stomach.

"Fine, if you're only going to laugh at it, then I'm taking my decision back, of giving it to you." Immediately, I stopped laughing, and looked at him serious.

"You were going to give it to me?" I asked.

"Yes, I was. The turtle represents you." He says.

Should I be offended by that, or happy that he's giving me the turtle?

"What's that suppose to mean?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"You're slow." He cutely, and innocently replied with a adorable smile.

I was totally offended, but then I thought it was cute.

"If I'm slow, then what are you?" I asked.

"Fast." He replied back with no hesitation. Okay, he was partially correct.

"Fine, then you're a virus." I said.

"Why?" He asks.

"Just cause." I grinned and he gave me a suspicious look.

"That's a cool name though." He smiled.

I laughed, and we spent a while in his room.

 

"So Luhan, do you like anybody yet?" I was super curious.

"I like you." My heart was beating so fast again. 

"I mean like like, as a crush and all." I rephrase my question.

"Oh. That." He replies. I kept quiet for a while. "Well, I do like someone. Unlike you, I'll tell you her name." He grinned at me, and I rolled my eyes. "I like Rani. I think I'm going to ask her out when thanksgiving break is over." Why did I ask him who he likes? 

Its my fault for asking him, right? Well, at least I know one thing. The feeling is not mutual, and I know now that I really need to stop my growing feelings for Luhan. Things will definitely turn out ugly.

I forced a smile "Well, I think you two will make a great couple." Luhan smiles, and nodded. 

"Of course. I'm handsome, and she's cute. What's more to that?" He should really stop talking.

"Kids, dinner is ready!" We heard Luhan's mom called.

"Well, dinner's ready." I got up from the floor, and so did Luhan.

The rest of the dinner, was full of laughters, and bad jokes, told by our parents, but overall, it was a great night. It was until midnight, that we finally left the Lu's home. Although I felt sad, I also felt happy, that I got my bestfriend back.

So why does it take a lifetime to say goodbye? Well, the following morning, I went to the Lu's house, that was literally accross from ours, and no one was home. My mother told me that they moved, and my heart literally broke. Luhan never told me this. My parents knew all along, and they didn't even give me a heads up on this. I felt angry, and upset, because even now, when I am in college, and six years have past, I still couldn't say goodbye to Luhan. 

 

----------------

Hiyeom, first chapter is up. I hope you guys will enjoy reading this story (: This chapter is basically a backstory of what happened, and the next chapter will be where the real story will begin. I hope that you guys will leave me a comment, because I love reading comments. And upvote will be highly appreciated. This chapter might be boring, but trust me that it will get better later on, as the story progress. -yawmpitschiaa (: