02

The Last Chapter [DISCONTINUED]

Just wanted to give you guys this short chapter ^^

-------------------------

It was a bright, and hot summer day. The sun was up, and bright. The streets were filled with cars and bicyclists. The smell of barbecue, and sound of children's laughter was everywhere. The birds were chirping into a melodic tune, and there Sojeon was. Irritated like hell.

"Ugh, shut up you stupid annoying birds!" She snatched the pillow off her face, and sat up, death glaring the birds right outside of her bedroom window. Right then, her phone rings, and she picks up her phone harshly and touched the green button on her screen. "What?" She asks in a rather harsh tone.

"Woah, sleeping beauty. Woke up on the wrong side of bed or what?" Sojeon knew that it was Ahra. 

"What do you want?" Sojeon spoke, monotone, and sounding extremely tire.

"You worked graveyard shift last night?" Ahra asks. 

"Yeah. What do you want?" Sojeon repeated, sounding annoyed. All she wanted to do was sleep.

"Just wanted to know if you're free?" Ahra said.

"No." Sojeon replied quickly, sounding uninterested.

"Gosh, you're such a douche, Sojeon." Ahra replies.

"I'm hanging up." Sojeon singed, and Ahra gave in.

"Okay, okay. I just wanted to see if you would meet up with my cousin. Remember that blind date you agreed to?" Ahra asks.

Sojeon thought back to where she ever agreed to a blind date. When did she ever agreed to a stupid blind date? Then, she remembered talking to Ahra once while she was asleep. She thought it was only a dream, but it was actually real? "No way!" Sojeon half shouted. "You purposely called me when I was asleep to get a wrong answer out of me." 

"Yah, can you just do it please? He really wants this. And plus, the guys been having a crush on you since he saw you." Ahra practically begged.

"Ugh, whatever. I just want to sleep okay." Sojeon responded annoyed.

"You can go back to sleep after you give me an answer." Ahra responded.

"K, fine. Whatever. I don't care anyways." Sojeon responded. The sleep was kicking in.

"Thanks, I love you best friend! Be there by three." And with that, Sojeon plopped back down onto her bed, and her eyelids soon became heavy, and she drifted to dreamland.

Sojeon dreamed about him. She dreamed that he came back, and everything was fine again. She dreamed that her mother came back also, and her father came back also, and everything was going right. But then an annoying ring came into her dream, and bothered the hell out of her. 

Slowly, her eyes opened, and realized that it was her phone ringing. Sojeon picked it up irritably, and touched the green button. "What?" She asks annoyed.

"Are you even up yet? It's almost three." Sojeon sighed, and pulled her phone away from her ear, to look at the time. Ahra was right. It was almost three.

"Where is the stupid place?" Sojeon asks.

"The restaurant around your corner. Hurry, I think he'll be over there soon." Ahra said.

Sojeon sighed. "Fine." And they hung up. All she wanted was sleep, and that was the fasted sleep to her. It felt like she only closed her eyes for a minute, and it was three already. time, how it goes so fast.

Sojeon rolled out of bed, and walk tiredly to the bathroom. She cleaned herself up, and then she put on some light makeup. She put on a white loose t shirt, a pair of faded blue jeans, and then she went for her red converse. 

She headed out of her home, and began walking a steady pace towards the sidewalk. She looked up, and saw the house across from hers. Suddenly, a wave of happy memories came to her, and she sighed. Everyday, she stills waits for him to return. To see him one last time, and if he doesn't stay, then she could at least say her goodbyes. She tried her best, and tore her eyes off the house, and continues to walk to her blind date.

Sojeon knows that Ahra's cousin has been crushing on her for a while now, but she just doesn't feel the same way towards him. Actually, her feelings for Luhan never changed. She just hides them, so it looks like she has gotten tougher over the years, but the only person that truly knows is Ahra.

Six years past, and she still thinks about Luhan. She was angry, sad, furious, but most of all disappointed. It was one of those times where she felt a sense of loss, even though she didn't have him in the first place. Guess that's what disappointment is; a loss for something you never had.

Sojeon enters the restaurant, and immediately spotted Ahra's cousin. She sighed, and walked over to him. When she reached the table, he seemed to notice her, and got up nervously.

"So-Sojeon, you're here." He stuttered, and got out of his seat, to pull Sojeon's chair for her. Sojeon did a curt nod, and sat down. Ahra's cousin pushed in her chair, and then immediately went back to sit in his chair.

He did an awkward chuckle before he asked Sojeon to look at the menu. "H-here's the menu. Order a-anything that y-you would w-want." He ended it with an awkward and nervous smile.

Sojeon didn't speak, but only nodded her head, after giving him a small smile. She didn't want to come off rude, or as if she didn't like the guy. She looked through the menu, and picked a simple meal. Salad. She wasn't even hungry, tbh.

"I'll just order the salad." Sojeon says, and looks up from the menu. She was shocked to see that Ahra's cousin was sweating. Yikes. "Hum, are you okay, Chanyeol?" Sojeon asks.

Chanyeol let out a small chuckle. "Y-yeah." The waiter came by, and took their orders. 

"S-so, Sojeon, how are you?" Chanyeol took the courage to ask.

"I'm great." Sojeon smiled. "How about yourself?" Right now, Sojeon was hoping for the food to come by already, so she can finish it, and the sooner that happens, the sooner she gets to leave.

"Fine." Chanyeol answered. He sends her a cheesy smile, and that was it. It was quiet, until the food arrived.

"Ah, foods finally here." Chanyeol announced, and Sojeon nodded.

They ate their meal in silence. No one talked, and to be honest, Sojeon liked that. She was more comfortable like that, because it has been like that for the past four years. 

As they were eating their meal, there was a scene a few tables away from them, where a guy and a girl was eating. But apparently his girlfriend came by, and caught him cheating. Sojeon hated guys like that. It disgusted her to her bones.

She didn't keep an eye on the, but she kept her ears on them.

"Sojeon, I have to tell you something." Chanyeol spoke, and Sojeon lost all contact to the scene.

"Sure. What is it, Chanyeol?" Sojeon asks.

"I like you." Chanyeol announced, and Sojeon mentally sighed and facepalmed. She knew that Chanyeol likes her, but she didn't want him to confess. She was rejecting him from the beginning already.

"I liked you for a long time now. I know that your feelings might not be mutual, but if you could just give us a chance-" Chanyeol was cut off, when Sojeon stood up. 

"Chanyeol. I'm sorry, but I don't have feelings for you in any way. I don't want to sound like a snob, but the only reason why I came out on this date was because Ahra set me up. I know, this sounds rude, but I never thought of you as anything more, then as Ahra's cousin. I'm sorry, but to be honest, I don't see us as anything in the future. I am not looking for love at the moment. And I'm sure that I am not the right girl for you. You will find someone who is ten times better than me. Thank you for the meal tonight, but I'm going to leave first." Sojeon didn't even wait for a reply. She walked straight to the player guy a few tables away from the table she was at.

Sojeon grabbed the cup of water on his table, and splashed it on his face, shocking the girl he was eating with, and his girlfriend. "I like to have my meal in peace. Next time, could you keep your dramas on a low, and not disturb the whole restaurant." Sojeon said coldly. She then turns to the girlfriend, and looked at her up and down.

"You're a pretty girl. Why would he settle for that piece of trash?" Sojeon asks, and the girl she had just called a piece of trash lunges at her, but the guy held her back.

"Listen, you don't need to waste your tears on a douche bag like him. You can find someone way better, and someone who will treat you right. If he treats you like an option, help him marrow his choices, by removing yourself from equation. It's that simple. Don't cry over a guy like him." And with that, Sojeon walks out of the restaurant, not giving a care about what the girl was yelling at her about.

 

Sojeon walked up to her sidewalk, and sighs. She turns to the house across from hers, and found herself walking over to the front yard. She stared up to where Luhan's bedroom window was, and sighed. 

Luhan was not just a character in her story. He was a whole chapter. Luhan has been with her since middle school, up until freshman year. Even though she only got to know him for that long, it felt as if she knew him her whole lifetime. He played one of the biggest role, and after his absence, he was still a big role for her all the way through high school, and till now.

Sojeon never once gave up hope that Luhan will return one day, but right now, she just feels like giving up. It has been six years since Luhan left, and half of her was giving up, but the other half was still holding on. She knows that if she held on, she'll only get hurt more. But she also knows that if she let's go, she'll still find herself coming back to Luhan. 

But maybe it was time to forget and move on. Sometimes, you just have to accept the fact that things will not go back to the way they used to be. Maybe this is that last chapter that Luhan will ever appear again in her story.


----------
I know, this might sound boring now, but just stick with me. It'll get better. Don't forget to comment, and subscribe if you like it. Share too if you want. Byeyeom -yawmpitschiaa