06

The Last Chapter [DISCONTINUED]

Now we're back to the way we started, as strangers.

 

“Hey Chanyeol, isn’t she your crush?” Sehun said while he flipped the meat on the grill. Chanyeol sighed, and then he smiled. “She was” and then Sehun looked at the older male.

“She likes someone else, and I guess, I never had a chance anyways.” Sehun sighed, and shared a light chuckle.

“It’s okay man; there are many other fishes in the sea.”

Chanyeol smiled, and then nodded.

“So who does she like?”

“I don’t even know myself. But whoever he is, he is lucky,” Chanyeol said. He lied though, because he knew that Sojeon likes Luhan. He didn’t want to tell Sehun because Rani was his sister.

 

*****

Suho gathered everyone in the living room for movie. Sojeon had said she was only going to stay for an hour, but she herself lost track on time. It was now dark, and everyone scattered around the room, facing the big screen television.

Sojeon had lost Ahra earlier, when a guy name Chen came and approach her. He asked if he could steal Ahra away, and by the time Sojeon knows, she was already sitting by herself. She didn’t mind, because she wanted Ahra to go and have fun. She didn’t want to be the reason to ruin her fun.

Sojeon didn’t want to sit alone, so she went to go look around for the bathroom. At least, that would give her a good enough reason to sit alone. She headed up the stairs, and went looking for the bathroom.

She turned the corner, and found a sliding door there. It was a way out to the balcony, and the view was just amazing. Every light that lit up the city was beautiful in each and every way. She didn’t remember seeing anything like this before, because she never did. She never thought that the night view of Seoul could be this beautiful.

“Hey, you’re intruding my peaceful place.” The guy name Suho walks in with a smile. Sojeon didn’t know what to do, or say, so she just bowed and apologized.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to enter here, but I was just lost, looking for the bathroom.”

“So you decided to come and pee on my balcony?” Sojeon could sense the teasing tone in his voice, and knew that he was only joking, but she still felt uneasy. Was that what he thought she was going to do though?

Suho laughed, and brought Sojeon’s attention to him. “I was only joking.”

There was still no response from Sojeon. “I’ve noticed that you were alone this whole time. Where is your friend? Ahna…Ahri….?” Suho was trying to make of Ahra’s name, but couldn’t get it.

“Ahra” Sojeon says, and Suho said a “yeah.”

“I can manage by myself.” Sojeon says, and Suho laughed.

“Okay miss, but please, come and join us. Don’t be shy. Treat us like your friends.” And then Suho left after Sojeon nodded at him.

Well, this wasn’t the bathroom, but it still can work. She turned back, and looked at the view. Then Sojeon looks up, and rolled her lower lip in between her teeth.

“I miss you, mom.” It came out as a whisper, but was loud enough to hear. She closed her eyes, and let the breeze blow against her pale face.

Sojeon likes to think of it as her mother’s touch. Her mother always said that, if she ever dies, she wanted to become the wind. Sojeon breathed in slowly, and then breathed out slowly. It was calming, and she liked it here for some reason.

Maybe because for the first time in forever, there was a little bit of light shown in her life. Even though the breeze was cool, there was a hint of warmth in there. It was relaxing, and that was something she hasn’t felt in a very long time now.

Sojeon really did miss her mom. She misses how everything used to be. When everyone that she loves and cherishes was still in her life. She opened her eyes, and a bittersweet feeling hit her. In that moment, she got to experience something that she hasn’t been able to experience, and it felt good. But sadly, it could not last. The tear drop that rolled down her cheek was wiped away, and a heavy weight was placed on her chest once again.

At that moment, Sojeon’s arm was held by someone, and that someone pulled her to face them.

“Yah, what are you doing here all by-” Ahra stopped herself, when she saw the look on Sojeon’s face. “Were you crying?”

Sojeon took a breath of air in, before she answered. “No, why?”

“Okay, I’m sorry I left you all alone, when I was the one who dragged you here. Please forgive me, your majesty.” Ahra held onto Sojeon’s arm tighter, making her feel like crying forreals this time.

“I think I’m going to head back now.” Sojeon said, and Ahra’s hand dropped from her arm.

“Why?”

“Just cause, so have fun alright?” Sojeon smiles, and walks away.

Ahra tried to stop her, but Sojeon was already out of the door. She bid goodbye to everyone, and then finally took her leave.

On her walk home, she thought about life. Although today was a new experience for her, at the end of the day, it felt like a wonderful dream to her. She got to feel happiness for a bit. She wasn’t alone for the time being, when she was at Suho’s house.

But to her, it was like she was in a room filled with people, but she was always feeling lonely.

*****

She opened the door to her house, closed it, and then walks to her bedroom. She laid there on her bed, and thought about Luhan.

At the end of the day, it feels like they were now back to being strangers and the thought of that frighten her. I guess this is why they say; “don’t put your happiness in the hand of someone.”

 

----------

An awkward chapter. Here you go, and enjoy. Leave me nice comments :D