I Love You Doctor!

Someone Call the Doctor(s)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] "don't you know you are very important to me?" [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] 'this feeling of being weak all over' | I Love You Doctor! | 'you're just too cute'[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

 

On a crowded street in Seoul there’s a pretty long haired girl who suddenly gasps as her hands fly down to grasp at her stomach. If you look closely at her face you will be able to tell that she’s in pain. So much pain.

 

“Oh no,” she whines internally.

 

“Has it really been a whole months already? Guys have it so easy, not having to cope with this feeling of being weak all over month after month,” Suzy complains to herself as the cramping pain within her gut intensifies.

 

“In my next life, I definitely want to be a boy,” she concludes.

 

She slowly continues to walk, keeping her eyes down, ashamed that someone she walks past will be able to tell what ails her.

 

“I wish I didn’t have school today,” she thinks trudging along the street when suddenly her body knocks into another, full force.

 

“Ah, I’m so sorry.” She voices aloud hoping that by apologizing she will not draw extra-unwanted eyes to herself.

 

“You’re a university student, right? Why are you idling on the streets at this time?” That individual she bumped into starts scolding sternly.

 

Feeling the blush blooming on her checks, Suzy fights the urge to cry in both pain and embarrassment as she lifts her head to face the man to apologize again more sincerely. Before she can utter a word however the man starts lecturing more.

 

“You’re just a kid, you’re not allowed to skip classes as you wish. Your school fees are paid by your parents, right?” He says with a questioning look on his face.

 

“What’s wrong with this guy?” Suzy wonders to herself. “I already apologized,” she thinks holding back another gasp as the pain in her stomach again intensifies.

 

“Please stop lecturing me,” she pleads internally as she squeezes her stomach firmer with one hand.

 

“I really am very…” She starts to say to the guy, but cannot finish before the noises around her start to fade and she feels herself slowly lose consciousness.

 

“I hope this guy doesn’t let me fall on my face,” she thinks as she feel herself sway. “I really should listen to mom and dad and go see a doctor this is no way every girl goes through this much pain every month,” she concludes as everything blacks out.

 

●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ●

 

Suzy feels warm and comfortable as she nuzzles her face into something fluffy, “something fluffy, wait what?!” she thinks with a start as her eyes fly open.

 

“Are you all right?” a man’s voice asks. Hearing the voice she quickly shoots up into a sitting position.

 

“Ah! I’m sorry” she stutters out as her head spins from rising so quickly.

 

“Stop moving silly.” The guy says, gently moving her head back to lay on the fuzzy sweater on top of his lap.

 

“I’m guessing you are anemic from the way you passed out back there. I actually wanted to take you to the hospital, but that seemed too far away so spotted this bench not too far away from your accident. Luckily it was empty because I don’t think I could have fought off some pigeon feeding old man and supported your weight at the same time,” the guy says with a warm chuckle.

 

“I’m sorry.” Suzy says, again feeling her cheeks heat up because of embarrassment.

 

“No, this is all my fault,” the guy says quickly.

 

“Huh?” Suzy can’t help but interrupt.

 

“I was not aware that you weren’t feeling well and just scolded you,” the guy explains.

 

“Of course you didn’t mean to skip school right? I’m really sorry about earlier,” the guy says as he awkwardly pats the top of her head.

 

“Huh, this Oppa is so weird,” she thinks to herself as she slowly sits up to avoid another dizzy spell.

 

“You can stop apologizing now, I feel much better.” She says with a small smile.

 

“Okay, if you’re sure. Open your mouth,” the guy instructs.

 

Not sure if she heard him right Suzy opens to ask him to repeat himself. Before she can get her question out though the boy pushes a chunk of something into . Chocolate, she thinks to herself in wonder.

 

“Chocolate has lots of minerals and dietary fiber,” the guy says quickly.

 

“It is good for anemia, which I’m guessing you have due to your stunt back there,” he says rising to his feet.

 

“Keep in mind that tea prevents the absorption of minerals,” he adds folding his sweater in the process.

 

“You’re such a nice person,” Suzy says with a small laugh.

 

“Thanks for.. letting me.. well you know…” Suzy mutters out a little confused because the guys gaze is locked on her quite intently.

 

Suddenly the guy leans in and she feels lips upon her own as the guy kisses her.

 

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” She shrieks as she pulls away from the guy. She can’t help herself as she brings her hand up to smack the guy on the cheek.

 

“Oops. Sorry, you are just too cute. I couldn’t resist,” the guy says with a little laugh as he rubs at his cheek.

 

Suzy fells her face heating up and knows that it must have a red coloring.

 

“When was your first menstrual cycle? You are not feeling well due to cramps, right? Are your cramps always this serious?” The guy questions suddenly with a very serious face.

 

Before thinking Suzy grabs her bag and starts running out of the park, “who does this random guy think he is,” she wonders to herself as she runs away.

 

“It’s better for you to go to the hospital. There’s a hospital nearby with a good doctor!” The guy yells to her retreating figure.

 

“Ugg, that guy!” She thinks to herself later in the day once she returns to her home.

 

“He is such a ert stealing my first kiss,” she thinks sadly as she brings her fingers up to her lips, “I hate him,” she concludes.

 

●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ●

 

The second day Suzy wakes up in even worse pain.

 

“Mom I don’t think I’ll be able to make it through the whole day of school today.” Suzy tells her mother as she clutches at her stomach, the pain getting more and more unbearable by the minute.

 

“I will only be okay with you staying home today Suzy if you promise me you will see a doctor,” her mother says handing her a warm cup of tea.

 

“Aww, mom, isn’t there a way that I can avoid seeing a doctor…” Suzy pleads as she gingerly sips at the warm tea. She hopes that the warmth will help calm her stomach, even if only slightly.

 

“Go and see the doctor, Suzy-ah. This could be something serious,” her mom says sternly. Suzy opens to argue but her mom beats her to it.

 

“I’m done arguing about this Suzy, I will call and make an appointment for you at Seoul University Hospital today and that’s final,” her mother says giving her a small pat on the back before leaving the kitchen.

 

●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ●

 

Suzy stared up at Seoul University Hospital as she stood at the bottom of the front steps.

 

“I really wish I were not here,” she thinks to herself as she slowly climbs up to the front door. She rides the elevator unable to hide her nervousness as each second brings her closer to her dreaded destination, the gynecologist department.

 

On shaky feet she walks from the elevator into the small office to check in. After giving the smiling lady at the front desk her name, Suzy walks towards the waiting room to take a seat.

 

After taking an empty seat by a group of pregnant women Suzy tries to relax. While taking a couple deep breaths she overhears some of the conversation taking place beside her.

 

“I heard that the doctor on duty today is Doctor ChenChen.” One of the ladies says.

 

“Ah I’m so happy to hear that. Doctor ChenChen is such a sweetie.” A different lady replies to the first.

 

“A foreigner?” Suzy wonders to herself upon hearing the name ChenChen.

 

“I wonder if the doctor is Chinese. I hope mom made me an appointment with a woman and not some old man,” she begins to panic.

 

Taking a deep breath to calm her nerves Suzy leans to tap on the arm of the lady beside her. “Excuse me, would you mind telling me a little about the doctor?” She asks in her kind voice.

 

The woman smiled, “Aww, is it your first timer here sweetheart?” The lady asks her patting her arm.

 

“You are very lucky he is a good doctor, not to mention his face is handsome,” she says covering with her hand trying to cover her small giggles, “do not be scared,” she adds giving her arm a light squeeze.

 

Not long after the woman turns back to the other pregnant ladies a little nurse open up the brown door separating the waiting room from the checkup area.

 

“Miss Bae Suzy” the nurse calls out. Standing up on shaking legs Suzy takes yet another deep breath.

 

“You can do this!” She thinks to herself trying to give herself a little burst of energy.

 

“The doctor will meet with you in a moment miss,” the nurse says with a sweet smile as she closes the door, leaving Suzy alone in the little room sitting atop the crinkly paper.

 

●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ●

 

“Just keep taking those vitamins I prescribed and your little one will be super healthy when we meet him next month.” Jongdae says with a smile as he helps the very pregnant woman towards the waiting room.

 

“Oh of course I will, thank you again Dr. ChenChen!”   The woman says with a large smile. Jongdae gives a small wave before turning out of the waiting area.

 

“Doctor I just walked your new patient into room 2b, do you want me to get the supplies ready for the normal checkup?” A small nurse asks.

 

“Oh yes I would like to start with a whole set of blood work so if you could get the needles ready that would be wonderful,” Jongdae said flashing the nurse a thankful smile.

 

Walking away, he headed toward room 2b. Outside the door he grabbed the clipboard which had the beginning information of his new patient. He scanned over the file taking note of the cause for the appointment before knocking gently on the door and then heading inside.

 

“Hello Miss Bae,” he says joyfully still skimming the paper with his eyes.

 

“Oh my you’re that ert from yesterday!” A girls shocked voice says, causing Jongdae to meet eyes with the girl who had passes out in front of him the day before, the girl he kept thinking about since the accident, the same girl now sitting before him.

 

“This must be a mistake…” The girl continues and Jongdae notes the cute way she shakes her head in denial, “I’m supposed to see a Doctor ChenChen,” the girl adds.

 

“Nope there is no mistake, I am Kim Jongdae. Chenchen is a nickname that everyone gave me. Plus it makes my patients more comfortable so I don’t mind,” he says with a smile hoping to make the girl calm down.

 

“But, but” the girl stammers before again shaking her head cutely as if to clear it.

 

Luckily a soft knock comes at the door before the nurse from earlier walks in with a small tray in her hands.

 

“Alright Miss Bae we are going to get started with the usual, a complete blood work up. Once the nurse is finished I will come back and ask you a few questions,” Jongdae say again offering Suzy his most calming smile.

 

Jongdae walks out of the room, returning to the front to check his schedule for the rest of the day. He can’t help but picture the girl from yesterday, the girl now in his office, and her adorable smile and laugh.

 

“Suzy,” he thinks dreamily finally having a name to put to the face.

 

“Erm… Just forget about it, I’m okay really. I’m feeling much better now,” Suzy says holding a sweater in her hands as she tries to back out of the room Jongdae had just exited.

 

“Miss. Bae it really will be painless,” the nurse says sweetly trying to coax Suzy back into the room.

 

Jongdae watches in disbelief as Suzy tries to walk back into the waiting room. Before she reaches the doorknob, Jongdae places his hand on her shoulder hoping to halt her before she can leave. “I’m sure we can use the smallest needle Miss. Bae, don’t worry we will make it as painless as possible for you just like the nurse said,” Jongdae tries to assure her, believing her rapid escape is fueled by a fear of needles.

 

“It’s not that I’m scared to get my blood drawn,” Suzy says looking down at her toes, and Jongdae admires the light shade of red spreading across her cheeks.

 

“Will you please let go of me doctor? It’s uncomfortable,” Suzy whispers.

 

“I’m sorry” Jongdae says rapidly taking his hand from her shoulder.

 

“If you don’t mind me asking,” he says after clearing his throat, “Why the sudden escape attempt if you’re not afraid of needles?” He asks curiosity getting the better of him.

 

Jongdae watches shocked as a small sob rocks through Suzy’s body as she keeps her gaze glued on the floor.

 

“It’s not because of the needles; I had to muster so much courage to come here,” Suzy whispers before taking a deep breath.

 

“I didn’t think… I didn’t realize where you would have to look,” she admits keeping her gaze entirely focused on the ground they were both standing on.

 

“Why did it have to be you?” She asks before more sobs leave her little body.

 

Jongdae can’t stop himself as he leans forward and gently tips Suzy’s head up to look her in the eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter