A Doctor's Melancholic Love

Someone Call the Doctor(s)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
[CONTENTID3] "don't you know you're not my type?" [/CONTENTID3]    [CONTENTID2] 'I think it reminds me of you, tender and innocent' | A Doctor's Melancholic Love | 'At least say you will miss me!' [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID1]

  The sound of alarm ringing finally wakes the young and flawless girl up,”Oh, crap! I overslept again,” the girl cursed after she looked at the display clock on her hand phone. Im Yoona, was currently enjoying living alone after entering the art school of her dreams. She hurriedly took a bath, and ran to the front door, “No time for breakfast. I have to hurry!” she muttered.

 

Being careless, Yoona wasn't paying attention on her way, when she closed her door, she accidentally fell because of the boxes at the hallway, “Uwaah!”

 

“Aaw, who put all these boxes at the hallway?!” Yoona yelled angrily.

 

She heard the room next to hers click open, just then, she looked up only to find a handsome man, with dark circles under his eyes, he looked like a Panda, but he's not fat, he's totally far from it, instead, Yoona could tell he had a well built body inside his clothes. He looks so serious yet still cute, “Darn it! Earth to Yoona! Earth to Yoona!” her mind alerted her.

 

The man finally spoke, “ah, I’m sorry. Those are mine, I’m just moving in so I’m in the midst of unpacking all my stuff. I already arranged them so that they wouldn’t be in anybody’s way. So… maybe you should watch your steps more carefully.” The man told Yoona with a serious voice.

 

“What a jerk!” Yoona cursed in her mind, not wanting to have any business or wait for him offering his assistance to her, she just stood up and walked away, “I’m in a hurry!” she muttered nonchalantly as she heard something broken by her ankle as she walked pass, but she decided to let go.

 

●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ●

 

“Yoona–ah, I think you’d better let a doctor take a look at that.” Bom, Yoona’s best friend said to her when she heard about today’s accident and Yoona’s condition that wasn't getting any better.

 

“But I’d be late for my class,” Yoona was almost in tears because of the pain on her ankle.

 

“What if your ankle is fractured or something? The arts concourse is coming soon, you know?” Bom said as she took something from her bag and gave it to Yoona, and it turned out to be a card.

 

“Here, go to this hospital. It’s the Seoul University’s Faculty of Medicine Hospital. They’re well known for having skilful and really cute doctors!” Bom’s eyes sparkled while speaking to Yoona, and she blushed.

 

“Stop it Bommie, you already have Dongwook oppa,” Yoona chuckled, teasing her best friend. She takes the card from Bom’s hand and decided to gives a try.

 

●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ●

 

“Miss, Im Yoona. Your X-Ray results are out.” The doctor read the result in his hand; meanwhile Yoona’s mind noticed that the man in front of her looked somehow familiar.

 

“He is pretty cute. But where have I seen him before?” she wondered within herself.

 

“You don't have a major fracture, but there is a slight hairline crack.” And the doctor finally looked up and there, Yoona finally recognized him.

 

“Aah! I’ve got it!” Yoona screamed out in fear, startling the doctor.

 

“What? Are you alright?” the doctor asked, raising his eyebrows, because he does not seem to recognize her.

 

“We met this morning in the hallway!” she reminded him.

 

“Aah, you were the girl who fell… You were injured because of what happened then?” He asked, feeling concerned.

 

“Yes.” Yoona replied angrily.

 

The doctor sighed and said apologetically, “I’m sorry about that. It was my fault, so please allow me to foot your medical bill.”

 

“Really?!” asked Yoona surprised, but in her mind she screamed happily, “Ah lucky me!”

 

●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ●

 

*Ding Dong* the sound of the door bell echoed in Yoona’s apartment, “Coming!” she said. And when she opened the door, there stood the new neighbor. The doctor from the hospital, “Here's a towel as a gift to all my new neighbors. The envelope is for the medical fee compensation. Could you read and stamp it?” He demanded.

 

“I gotta stamp it? All right, hang on a second,” Yoona said as she dashed back in to take the stamp. But he tried stopping her.

 

“Wait, you should read it first,” before he could finish his sentence, Yoona’s screamed, surprising him.

 

“What’s wrong? I’m coming in!” When he got into the room, he found the messiest room he had ever seen. Yoona’s apartment is totally a mess; nothing is in their right place.

 

“Ah, I’m fine! Something fell, that’s all. I can’t tidy up the place since my foot hurts so…” Yoona let out an awkward laugh.

 

“How can you live in a place like this?!” He asked in disbelief.

 

Yoona looked around and replied casually, “what? I won’t die or something.”

 

He sighed, “Let’s clean up this place!”

 

“Eeh!” Yoona was surprised, but he already took the rag to clean up.

 

“You’re a girl and you don't cook?” he asked when he takes tons of styrofoam and ramen cup, then her undies.

 

“You shouldn't amass so much laundry!”

 

“Don’t look at my underwear!” Yoona yelled, freaking out.

 

“You also draw men?” He asked again the moment he saw the picture that Yoona painted.

 

“I drew those during class!” she said, shrugging as he continues to clean up the mess, until it was very clean and neat. When they were done cleaning up, Yoona’s apartment was looking very different and he seemed satisfied with his works, “This is the way it should be.” He said, placing his two hands on akimbo.

 

“Wow! It’s been a long time since I last saw a clean floor!” Yoona said in amazement, before he ran his eyes on her body,

 

“Your foot seems to be pretty okay.” the doctor muttered.

 

“It was really painful just now, honest!” she pretended to feel pain again, and he smirked

 

“Whatever,” he mumbled, waving it off as he took his call card and gave it to Yoona,

 

“Here, call me if anything happens. I’m partly to blame for your current state after all.” After that, he walked out through the front door and halted on his track, when he heard her voice.

 

“Ah doctor! Thank you very much.” she chimed as he turned back and flashed a killer smile to her, “You are a girl, so don’t let strange man enter your house just like that, okay?” then she gave him an assuring nod.

 

Yoona’s heart flattered after seeing his smile, when he had already gone, she looked at his call card and couldn't stop smiling, that she picked her pencil and her sketch book, and went over to sit down. “Hmm, I feel a great composition coming to me.” she smiled to herself. Because, the card name was well written, his information, the man that makes Yoona’s heart jumped a little.

 

“Seoul University Hospital

First Surgery Department

HUANG ZITAO

051 – 925 – 2311”

 

“Tao. Doctor Tao.” Yoona mumbled to herself while continue making a sketch on her book.

 

●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ●

 

[Later that night]

 

The sound of Yoona’s phone finally woke her up; with her bedroom voice, she answered the call reluctantly.

 

“Yes, who's speaking. Oh Bommie, yes I’m sleeping. I had a small fracture on my foot, but I should be all right. No, I haven’t eaten yet; I’m so engrossed in drawing that I forgot about it.”

 

“No need to yell Bommie, I’m going to buy something later. Yeah, I will go to school tomorrow, don’t worry. Yes, love you too Bommie, see you, thanks.”

 

Finally Yoona hung up the phone, she rubbed her eyes and got up from the sofa, yawning.

 

“I’m so hungry…” she mumbled, stretching her body and later, she decided to go the mini market near her apartment. She got some snacks and was eating when Tao's words came ringing like a bell to her. “You are a girl and you don’t cook.” Yoona was too occupied with her thought, that she didn’t realize the stairs in front her, she tripped and was unluckily with her hurt foot, and fell.

 

“Ow, ow, owww, what should I do?” she whimpered in pain, she was in too much pain that she unknowingly sat on the ground, holding her leg as tears welled up in her eyes. She quickly reached for her phone and suddenly realized Tao’s call card was in her jeans pocket. So, she pulled it out and dialed his number.

 

Meanwhile in Tao’s apartment his phone kept ringing, but no response. At the third ring, he picked up the phone,

 

“Yes… Oh, it’s you. It’s already 11 pm, what do you want?” He demanded tiredly.

 

Yoona tried her best to hold her tears while she’s talking to Tao, “I’m in front of the apartment block and I'm hurt just on the same foot again. I’m in so much pain please, I can’t move. I think I must have broken something this time.”

 

“Can you move your foot? Does it hurt? I see, then you should be fine.” Without any more words, Tao hanged up the phone, leaving the dumbfounded Yoona who still had the phone on her ear alone.

 

“What the heck is his problem?!” She cursed. “HE was the one who told me to call him if anything happened! That insincere liar!” Yoona cried and cursed aloud, not being aware of the footsteps coming closer to her from behind, only to get startled by his deep voice.

 

“Who are you calling a liar?” Tao asked, as he bent down to her level and carried her bridal style.

 

“Hm? Tell me?” he demanded.

 

“EH? What are you doing?!” Yoona was surprised with his action and not to mention her position in his arms ‘bridal style position’, gosh it was so embarrassing for her.

 

“Let’s go.” Tao said, shutting her up.

 

“D… Doctor.”

 

“What is it? Isn't this what you wanted?”

 

“My stuff,” Yoona said softer than whisper. As she rapped her arms around his neck.

 

“I have them. All cup noodles huh? You are a girl, so you should learn how to cook at home.” He chastised her. And when they got to Yoona’s room, Tao gasped in disbelief, Yoona’s room had already turned messy again.

 

“Bloody hell, what happened here? Didn't we clean it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter