I Want My Answer

Someone Call the Doctor(s)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
[CONTENTID1] I Want My Answer [/CONTENTID1]   

[CONTENTID2] "tell me, do you love me?"

'You will never become a famous doctor'

'I am still waiting at your reply'[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Seoul National University Hospital has a unit specializing in internal injuries. One of the doctors there...

Doctor Kris,

 

He has meticulous surgical skills that he can use at a God-like speed. He is often praised by many professors in his field. His father was a famous professor who entered the Medical Faculty at Seoul University. Aside from that, he was a genius among geniuses, a hottie who was often times full of himself, and he prided himself on the fact that he wasn’t afraid of anything.

 

His full name was Dr. Kris Wu.

 

A doctor in training rushed into the hallway where his new patient was waiting, turning the corner he saw one of the most famous doctors in the whole hospital standing beside his patient.

 

“Doctor Kris?!” he says words in a higher octave then he intended due to his shock.

 

“What are you doing here?” he managed to ask in a much calmer voice, “I am the doctor in charge for this patient,” he added.

 

“Where have you been?” Kris asks in a calm, but demanding voice as he stands straightly in front of the other doctor. The startled look on the other man’s face when he sees Kris’s true height in front of him brings a small amount of pleasure to Kris.

 

“It was an emergency and you were off taking your sweet time.” Kris says hoping the disapproving look on his face shows his utter disgust at the other doctor’s actions.

 

“I made a decision, I am now looking after this patient you obviously do not value.” Kris says in a demeaning tone.

 

“I am leaving now. I'm a busy man with a life to save.” Kris adds turning to leave and head towards the surgery room. Part of him really wants to look behind him and see the bewildered look on the young doctor in trainings face, but he doesn’t because he knows that it would be a waste of his time.

 

On his short walk to the surgery area of the hospital he hears a woman calling his name, “Doctor Kris, about my son's surgery, will it be okay?” a little woman asks.

 

Kris stops in his steps and turns toward the woman with nothing but confidence filling his entire being. “Don't worry. I will personally be performing the surgery. Your son is in the best possible hands so rest assured ma’am.” Kris said with a quick smile before he turned away again.

 

●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ●

 

“I DON'T WANT SURGERY!” a small boy yelled from his spot on a bed inside room 201.

 

A young and petite nurse smiled down at the little boy as she pulled a soft, snow white bunny doll from inside her coat pocket.

 

“Mavin-ah, my friend Tokki here” she says in her soft voice as she moves the bunny in front of the small boy’s face, “doesn’t like it when you are upset.” she says as she lifts one of the bunny’s paws in a small wave.

 

“What’s wrong, Mavin-ah?” she asks in a squeaky voice as if the bunny is the one questioning the small boy.

 

The young nurse in training allows a small smile to appear on her face as the little boy lets out a soft giggle.

 

“This is the reason I want to become a nurse”, the petite Sandara Park thinks as the once scared boy becomes more relaxed.

 

After looking seeing the nurse’s smile the little boy didn’t feel like screaming any longer. His cute face however, still had a frown plastered on it.

 

The little boy leaned forward and with his tiny fingers lifted one of the bunny’s floppy ears up, “I'm scared Tokki.” he whispered, just loud enough for Dara to hear, into the bunny’s ear.

 

“Hm? Are you scared of the surgery?” Dara asks again in her best squeaky bunny voice.

 

Mavin looked up at Dara “Not the surgery.” he says looking back down at the scratchy hospital blanket, “I'm more scared of Doctor Kris.” he admits softly as small tears make their way down the little boys face.

 

Dara smiled hearing his bluntness. “Oh, Doctor Kris is scary; he's not cute, is he Mavin-ah?” Sandara asks as she tries to hold back her giggles.

 

“Do you want to know a secret?” Dara asks and is relieved when the little boy shakes his head as a yes.

 

“Tokki is very brave and is not scared of anything, especially that big scary Dr. Kris.” Dara paused to see Mavin’s eyes widen at her words.

 

“Do you think you would feel brave if I let you take Tokki into the surgery room with you?” She asks extending her arm with the small bunny towards the little boy.

 

To her relief Mavin no longer had tears moving down his face, but instead a small smile, “Thank you Dara noona!” he says as he wraps his small arm around the bunny to keep it close.

 

Dara was so caught up in first the little boy’s tears and then his smile that she failed to realize the other presence in the room.

 

Once Kris cleared his throat both occupants of the room jerked their heads to look his way, “sorry for not being cute.” He says sarcastically.

 

“Are you still getting the blood samples?” he asks with a degrading look on his face.

 

Dara’s face turned pale hearing his voice coming behind her like a thunderstorm, “No, I have them right here, all done.” She says with a small smile in hopes of keeping the little boy beside her as calm as possible.

 

“You should have been done much sooner.” Kris said flatly as he moved towards the boy’s chart. “You took too long Sandara-ssi.”

 

“Noona failed twice!” Mavin says in his high-pitched voice as he extends his tiny arms towards Kris as evidence.

 

Dara really wished Mavin would just keep his mouth shut because now Kris will think her a complete failure.

 

“You have to practice drawing blood today.” Kris says with a sigh as he examines the boy’s slightly bruising inner arm.

 

“Yes of course!” Dara says as she excuses herself from the room to transport Mavin’s blood to the testing room. Mavin didn’t need to see her sad face and become frighten and Kris didn’t need to know the effect he had on her.

 

●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ●

 

Dara went to the nurse’s lounge when she finally got a break later in the day. She gave a small sigh as she looked down at the practice kit upon the table.

 

“I will never improve just using models. I need to practice on a real person, but nobody would want me to practice on them. Uggh, but I need to practice because I don’t want to get yelled at by Dr. Kris again. He is so scary...” She mutters to herself aloud.

 

“What should I do Tokki?” She asks her small bunny who is done comforting small Mavin.

 

“A lot of the other girls say he is so cool, and can’t stop fawning over him, but I prefer gentler people; don't you agree Tokki?” she again questions the small bunny.

 

“I can’t wait to open a small clinic with a gentle doctor in a small town.” She says as she begins to fall into a warm daydream of her biggest goal in life.

 

“You seem to be having fun.” Kris’s deep voice interrupts Dara’s thoughts.

 

Her eyes double in size, “Doctor Kris, umm hello.” she says awkwardly aloud.

 

“I wonder how much he heard of my conversation with Tokki before”, Dara wonders to herself.

 

Kris gives a quick nod of his head in acknowledgment of Dara before beginning to take of his doctor’s coat.

 

“What in the world is going on,” Dara thinks slightly panicked.

 

After folding his coat up and hanging it on the back of a chair Kris takes a seat, all the while keeping his poker face plastered upon his face. He then throws his hand down upon the table in front of Dara, “You never improve because you always practice on models. I’ll lend you my arm for your practice, just this one time.” He says with a small smile.

 

Dara begins to feel butterflies in her stomach once she hears his words. She smiles and tries to keep her breathing even, she tries to stay focused on the job at hand.

 

“Don’t be so nervous.” Kris scolded her.

 

Dara’s face turns a bright shade of red. “How can I not be nervous? He is the Doctor Kris, respected by so many and his face is so near. The other girls were right. He is handsome. No, wait get your head on straight,” she scolds herself internally as she brings the needle down to Kris’s arm.

 

“You can do this, you can do this,” she chants herself on.

 

“ARGH! That’s hurts” Kris yells suddenly, cradling his arm against his chest.

 

“I’m sorry.” Dara whispers trying to get to her feet so that she could put distance between herself and Kris.

 

“I can’t believe I did that, I can’t believe that I messed up on the Doctor Kris,” she scolds herself internally.

 

“Again” Kris says in a stern voice as he lays his arm back down.

 

“Take your time.” Kris says, “and get it right this time.” He adds as Dara starts looking for a good vein to get blood from again.

 

After she finally pierces the right spot, she looks up at Kris, “Was it okay this time, doctor?” she asks in a soft whisper.

 

Kris seems satisfied with her work as he slowly examines his arm. He gave her a small gummy smile that makes Dara's heart beat like crazy. “Good job. It didn't hurt at all. Just remember how you did it today, alright?” Kris says.

 

“Of course, thank you!” Dara said happily, “Maybe I was wrong about him being an annoying guy,” she thinks happily.

 

Kris then stands up and puts his coat back on. Before he walks out of the door he gives a sly grin and opens his mouth, “Oh I just remembered something,” he says.

 

“It costs a lot to practice on a genius doctor’s arm Sandara–ssi.” His grin becomes bigger as he speaks, “So from now on you shall be my lackey, until I feel as if you no longer owe me.” he adds.

 

“What?!” Dara shrieks when she processes what Kris has said, “And here I was starting to think that he was actually a nice guy,” she scolds herself internally.

 

“I just started living alone, so there are a lot of chores for you to do.” Kris says before walking out of the nurse’s lounge.

 

Dara’s jaw and eyes both doubled in size as Kris disappeared from the room.

 

“What in the world is he talking about?!” she questioned internally.

 

“Lackey? What kind of joke is this? He’s got to be kidding me right Tokki?” she said looking down at the white bunny.

 

●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ●

 

However, the following day, Kris came into the nurse's room and gave Dara a plastic bag full of his dirty clothes. “Wash these clothes and get them back by tomorrow,” he ordered and then left before Dara could say any words in reply.

 

“Oh my… He wasn’t kidding,” Dara thinks with a slight panic. Looking at the bundle of dirty clothes in front of her, she lets out a defeated sigh.

 

“Hopefully this won’t last very long,” she thinks trying to bring her spirits back up.

 

Unfortunately for Dara, it wasn't the end, barely the beginning. His commands flowed out like the Amazon River. Every hour, every second.

 

“Sandara–ssi, I’m working overtime today so bring me something to eat.” He would order.

 

“Sandara–ssi, iron this shirt for me.” He would say tossing her a shirt before walking away without another word.

 

“Sandara–ssi…” Kris stood waiting for her the minute she walked into the hospital with more orders.

 

“Sandara–ssi…” Kris interrupted her lunch break with something he needed her to do for him.

 

“Sandara–ssi this, Sandara–ssi that.” Dara mimicked as she walked away from yet another completed errand.

 

“Ahh I am so sick of this,” she thought to herself grumpily.

 

●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ● ●ᴥ●

 

“You poor thing Dara–ah,” her close friend, who worked in the nursery, said with a concerned face as she saw Dara ironing  yet another one of Kris’s coats.

 

“Yeah… He’s so mean, that Doctor Kris Wu!” Dara let out a long tired sigh, setting the iron up to cool atop of the ironing board she had moved into the nurse’s lounge for convenience.

 

Suddenly, a pair of nurses come to Dara's side, “Then let me take your place. I want to help Doctor Kris with his coat!” one said as she looked off with a dreamy look.

 

“Not fair, Kris is mine I should be doing this for him not you.” said the other nurse with a slight pout on her face.

 

Dara felt a strange twinge in her heart when she heard the other nurse’s talking about replacing her. Even though she was tired from all the work that Kris was forcing her to do, she didn't want to share it with anyone else she realized. Kris depended on her, only her, and a small part of her felt warm because of that fact.

 

“Well you guys know it’s not just his coat. I have to wash his socks and underwear too so I guess you guys don’t find the idea of taking over for me too interesting now.” She said with a small laugh, hoping the other nurses would not be able to see what she was really feeling deep down.

 

“No problem. I want to wash that too.” both girls said almost simultaneously.

 

“No. Let Sandara wash them.” Kris’s deep voice filled the small nurse’s lounge out of nowhere.

 

Dara let out a sigh and a light smile graced her face upon hearing Kris’s words.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter