Hated Change

Their Fragile Hearts (Their Powers Sequel)

When we went out of the room, Minwoo tugged on my shirt. “Why was your face like that, uncle?” he tilted his head as he asked that. I knitted my eyebrows together, and felt confused which was rare. “What do you mean, Minwoo?” I asked him. “You looked well… Like you know her,” Minwoo answered timidly.

“Minwoo-yah, I don’t know what you mean,” I told him. I tried to hide the fact she was my mate. I don’t want Minwoo to do something irrational, because his powers aren’t discovered yet. He looked up to me and his eyes suddenly glowed red. “Uncle, appa always said lying is bad,” he said.

I covered Minwoo’s eyes with my hands. Minwoo’s power showed itself. At the wrong time too. I suddenly thought of Siyeon, is her power appearing like her brother’s? “Uncle? What’s the matter?” He asked innocently. “Let’s go back home. Close your eyes and just hold on tight. It looks like you’ve triggered your power,” I said as I put him in my arms.

When I got to the building, Chen and Xiumin, along with Siyeon, were eating ice cream. “What’s up?” Xiumin raised an eyebrow. I uncovered Minwoo’s eyes which were still glowing red. “Sweet! My son’s growing up!” Chen clapped his hands. “Appa, appa, does uncle know Jin-seonsaengnim?” Minwoo ran to him. I stared at Chen and told him in his mind:

Control your son. He might find out about Sujin.

Chen nodded and brought Minwoo into his arms. “Umma will be so happy to see you with your power,” he told his son. “What about Yeonnie?” Siyeon pouted. “You’ll get your power at the right time. It gets triggered, you know,” Chen smiled gently at her.

I rolled my eyes and proceeded to go outside of the building just to think things through. I soon found myself entering the cave where I last saw her as a wolf. The symbols were still there but they lost the color they once had. During the battle, they all glowed, corresponding to our efforts to use the best of our powers to beat Lee Soo Man along with Sujin’s wolf.

But that was all in the bitter past…

It may be illogical to hate the present Sujin but I can’t avoid it. She changed. She completely turned human and it was weird for me. Her eyes that were filled with fear and hatred for us was replaced with love and happiness of kids. Her pale white skin was replaced with a glowing shade. The lips which quivered and only frowned was now smiling so happily.

We never anticipated this happening. We never thought it was possible. I never thought it was possible. How could she just act like a stranger just like that? How could she look so human… even smell so human? How could her powers be sealed? Darkness was a powerful element, and it wasn’t easily controlled. Even with my abilities, it would cause my death if I tried to seal it.

Then a thought struck me. Where were Sunny and that old man? They might be anywhere. Or they might be dead. Anything was possible. If Soo Man was dead, like I guessed, who was taking care of Sujin to make her this human? Who was he who took her into his own care?

I bit my lower lip, trying to think of possible suspects but to no avail. “Oh, you’re here,” I turned my head to see one of the hunters at the cave’s mouth. It was the youngest male hunter, Lee Taemin. He had this playful glint in his eyes that I disliked. I preferred another hunter’s company than this.

“Were you trying to find me?” I raised an eyebrow. He didn’t take a step into the cave and he shook his head. “Not really, Rae was here so I was forced to just walk around. You know, I get easily bored,” he reasoned. “I don’t really know, Taemin. Could you just leave me alone?” I groaned. He shook his head again. “I can’t. Especially when I see you get this worked up over a little miss,” he teasingly said.

I narrowed my eyes at him. “How did you know?” I asked him. “You know, aegyo is such a powerful tool to convince Victoria-noona to spy on you,” Taemin said with the same smile he was wearing when he first came here. “Tsk,” I looked at the floor in distaste then back at him. “Then why can’t you enter the cave?” I asked.

“I have a fear for alleys and caves are pretty much alleys to me. I’m sure Kai told you all about what happened,” Taemin answered. I nodded at him and got a bit nearer to him. “Didn’t Kris tell you to never go here?” I raised an eyebrow. “I recall he did but do I look like I care about a petty wolf’s rules?” Taemin crossed his arms. “Anyways, back to the matter, you saw your mate again huh. Why did you lie to her?” he asked me, relaxing himself by the tree nearest to the cave.

“It’s better. If I get myself involved with her, it would only endanger the whole pack’s life again, especially the twins,” I answered him. Taemin laughed. “She seemed pretty normal to noona. It won’t be bad to get in good terms with a human you know. Look at us, we’re not strangling each other or anything,” he said. “I’m almost wanting to do that though,” I smirked. “But you’re not, right? That’s what peace is when it comes to hunters and wolves. I’m sure that’s what happening to SJ,” Taemin pointed out.

SJ is a mix of hunters and wolves living peacefully. SNSD was totally against it staying peace with the hunters so they looked at SJ as traitors. Taeyeon despised Leeteuk the most, seeing they were mates. Taeyeon thinks it’s irrational to be with peace with beings who might kill you at the end but to tell you the truth, anyone can kill us, even our packmates can kill us.

Look at Sujin, she almost killed us even though all she displayed to us was fear.

“Hyung?” Taemin called out and when I looked at him, he had an expression of satisfaction. “Sujin… She completely changed and I’m sure you’re taken back. If Chanyeol-hyung and Kai saw her like that, she might’ve been taken advantage of but you weren’t stupid like that. Maybe fate’s telling you you can have your mate back,” Taemin continued.

I shrugged. “But I’d want to stay safe while the twins are discovering their powers. I’m sure you know Minwoo almost knew about her,” I said. He nodded. “The power of telepathy huh but I hear sometimes, wolves with those power evolve into something more powerful,” Taemin said. I nodded. “Sometimes, telepathy could turn into empathy. Minwoo could control other people’s emotions if he was trained,” I explained.

“And now I see why you want to protect the twins, Siyeon might have a more powerful… well ability and if put in the wrong hands, specifically if Sujin’s wolf wakes up,” Taemin tapped his chin. “It would be all over since none of us can fight the twins, especially MiYeon and you know that girl’s been our main source of defence,” I continued.

Taemin shook his head. “Still, give the new Sujin a chance. You don’t know you’ll like it. I’ve heard she resembled the younger version of her when you were pups. Don’t you want that back?” He asked me before turning his back. “I’ve got to go. Duty calls. Think about what I just said, hyung. You might find your happiness again,” he said before running at lightning speed.

Find my happiness huh… That is so childish. I want to find my logic again but it’ll get all messed up if I see her again,