Peculiar Emotion

Their Fragile Hearts (Their Powers Sequel)

“Just… tell the truth, hyung. We have no choice. Minwoo knows when we’re lying,” Chen said in despair. MiYeon looked away with an entertained smirk on her face. I looked down to the boy and his eyes turned a deeper shade. I felt a sudden chill by my shoulder.

So this is what uncle’s inner conscience feels like.

“Minwoo, stop,” I demanded. Minwoo pouted. “Just tell me, Uncle! I swear I won’t tell seonsaengnim!” He said as he made a gesture, emphasizing his promise. I sighed. I can’t resist the kid after all. “Okay, I’ll tell you but try to understand it, okay? I’m sure Minwoo is smart,” I told him before making him sit down and tell him the long tale about Sujin.

You see, Minwoo, your teacher isn’t really human and she isn’t that more of a wolf too. It’s hard to explain but you see, your teacher used to be in our pack. I found out about her and took her away from her human home, and let me tell you, her foster parents are more repulsive than trash. She was really afraid of us. She was afraid of herself. She was afraid what may happen to her but she didn’t kill herself. She can’t really.

Back then, I never realized she was my mate. No, don’t go smiling, Minwoo, this isn’t a fluffy fairytale. This is cruel reality. When she turned evil, that was when I was certain. She was my mate. I was supposed to be stuck with her. Fate twisted our destinies together. She… She almost wiped the whole pack out with the help of other she-wolves. She was Lee Soo Man’s granddaughter. She was so powerful… We never anticipated that.

But then she disappeared, like thin air. We never saw her again… until well, I saw her as your teacher and she’s the complete opposite of herself. Happy for one. She was carefree and was smiling as if she doesn’t have a worry in the world. But do you see my point now?

I looked at Minwoo who only nodded. “But, uncle! Seonsaengnim has a boyfriend!”  Siyeon suddenly chimed. “Ne ne! She does have a boyfriend! Hyung sometimes goes to class to play with us!” Minwoo nodded energetically. Chen furrowed his eyebrows. “She’s really living the human life, deer boy. Oh deer, deer, what are you going to do?” MiYeon smirked as she looked at me.

For once, I shrugged at her. MiYeon laughed in pleasure. “The all-knowing Luhan has no clue what to do! What can happen next? You running to Tao and shouting Ottoke?” She laughed at her own joke. “Shut up, could you? No one knows everything,” I hissed. MiYeon rolled her eyes. “Whatever. Hm, Minwoo-yah, what’s seonsaengnimoui namchingu (teacher’s boyfriend) name?” Miyeon looked at her son.

Minwoo shrugged. “Yah, I know he’s really handsome! He has black hair and he has that cute face! He calls seonsaengnim noona!” Siyeon said. Chen chuckled. “More handsome than appa?” He asked. Siyeon tilted her head. “A tiny bit, appa!” She answered. “Yah, no one’s more handsome than your appa!” MiYeon crossed her arms.

I rolled my eyes. “If you really want to see her again, Luhan, you can just fetch the twins from school tomorrow,” MiYeon suggested. I lightly nodded. “Wait. I don’t want to see her!” I almost shouted, some cardboard floating everywhere.

“Calm your nerves, Luhan. There are kids,” Chen said calmly. I sighed. I then looked at the kids. “That was daebak!” Minwoo clapped and Siyeon did too. “Uncle, will I be able to do that someday?” He innocently asked. I kneeled down and told him.

“It depends on your power, young lad.”

The next day, I did fetch the kids. It’s not like I wanted to see Sujin, I’m just worried if the kids can go home alone. I was by the gates of the school, waiting for them when a man with black hair and eyes with eyeliner approached me. I don’t know why a man would wear eyeliner but it fit him.

He was wearing black from head to toe and a black cap on his head. He lightly smiled at me and asked,” You seem young to be a father. Are you a student’s older brother?” I chose to ignore him. I saw him pout and try to get my attention. “I’m waiting for my girlfriend. She’s a teacher here,” he shared. I rolled my eyes. I didn’t care at all.

This human gets really annoying. After a few minutes, the kids went out. They were all so tiny. Honestly, I think Minwoo and Siyeon are the tallest in their class. Their height is like the opposite of what their parents have. I finally saw Minwoo looking up to Sujin and Siyeon trailing behind with her books.

“Noona!” The human suddenly called out and Sujin looked to our direction and lightly nodded. She brought the kids to us and greeted me politely. “Annyeonghaseyo, Mr Han. It’s nice to see these kids picked up for once,” she bowed. “And oppa, aren’t you older than me?” She looked at the human next to me. He sheepishly smiled.

“Uncle, this is seonsaengnim’s boyfriend!”

I didn’t know why but my chest suddenly felt heavier. My temper suddenly rose. I didn’t feel this when the kids told me but seeing him in person and actually having Sujin these made me mad. He was handsome. I can admit that. He was kind of tall. And he looked perfect for Sujin. They looked perfect together but why can’t I just agree? Oh I almost forgot, she’s my mate.

She has no choice but to like me and like only me.

This is the first time I became really possessive. Only I can take advantage of her. Only I can have this kind of relationship with her. What is this weird feeling? I clenched my fists and breathed in deeply. I then turned to the human but I found his mouth near my ear.

“I know she’s one of you.”