Supernatural Enigma

Their Fragile Hearts (Their Powers Sequel)

“Yah! Darawa!” A kid with black hair and slanted eyes called little Sujin’s attention. He had a bright smile and for some reason, Sujin trusted him. She followed him closely, even holding his hand. Luhan and Xiumin had school to attend since they were older than her. Sunny also had school. Sehun was still sleeping so early in the morning. Sujin had no choice but to hang out with this kid.

Sujin tried to convince him before to introduce himself to her other friends but he always rejected those offers. He was so mysterious. Sujin’s parents told her to never trust anyone who felt different but she trusted him. Something about the glint in his eyes moved her towards him. Being just a pup and spending a lot of time with this boy, she grew fond of him.

“Where are we going?” Sujin asked him but he only lead the way. After a few moments, they found themselves near a cliff. The view was magnificent. They could see the whole city. Some of the lights were still on and the sun rays were still seeping through. It was the perfect time in the morning. It wasn’t day yet but the night was over.

“Yeppeo, right?” The boy looked back at her. Sujin nodded with a grin. “It really is! How did you find this?” She asked. “Ah, I had a lot of free time so I went around,” he explained as he looked back at the scenery. Sujin didn’t know why but she admired this boy. Something about him was mystical. Even if Sujin wasn’t sure he was the same as her, even if there was a possibility he was a hunter, Sujin trusted him wholeheartedly.

“Hey, Sujin, can we make a promise?”

Sujin bolted up awake, her head throbbing because of the sudden memory. Why did that boy look so familiar to her? It was as if she saw her recently. She held her head and bent her knees. She dug her head in between her knees and tried to supress the pain but it was too much. She couldn’t handle it.

She glanced at her side when she felt someone tug her blanket. She saw Jungkook still sleeping beside her. He might’ve been worried that something might happen to her. She was lucky Jungkook was a trustworthy guy. He wouldn’t do anything erted to her. He was innocent in her eyes. Even if she knew the truth, she knew he was the same man she fell deeply in love with.

But she quickly brushed off the idea and thought about that flashback which occurred in the place of her dream. A young boy… a memory when I was young… without anyone else in it but this young boy… She thought hardly but she couldn’t remember who it was. She clawed on her scalp and did everything to remember who he was but she couldn’t.

“Kookie, you promised to take me to—“ Taehyung paused as he saw the sitting upright Sujin. They locked gazes at each other before he bowed. “I thought Jungkook was awake. I’ll return some other time,” he said but before he could close the door, Sujin told him to stay.

“Sit by my desk. I have questions,” Sujin said. Taehyung raised an eyebrow and did as he was told. He knew she was going to ask about her past but he didn’t want to dig into it that deep or she’ll figure out what they had in the past. It would make him seem creepy. It would also make him look untrustworthy. He needed to be as vague as possible. That was how it was for him.

“What is it? And keep your voice down. Jungkook’s not really the nice kind of morning person,” Taehyung told her as he reclined his back on the chair’s cushion. “I had this strange dream. It was more of a memory, flashing back into my mind. I’m sure it was a memory,” Sujin told him. Taehyung raised an eyebrow. “How so?” He asked.

“It felt so nostalgic. The lights, the sounds, the smell, the boy, everything,” Sujin answered. “The boy? You mean one of those wolves, right?” Taehyung asked. Sujin shook her head. “It was not one of them. He didn’t look like one of them. He had a different vibe. And from that memory, I could say I didn’t know any of them except Sehun, Luhan and Xiumin,” she explained.

Sujin continued on giving details about her dream while Taehyung listened carefully. He knew he was the boy in the dream. He remembered that moment like it happened yesterday. He showed her the view because he trusted her. She liked encouraging him. He always wanted a little sister before and Sujin was a perfect fit for the role.

It was within the first year since they met. They first met in the playground during the night. Sujin was crying and Taehyung was strolling to find a victim. Instead, he found her. They got to know each other and Taehyung escorted her home. He never thought about her blood. For some reason, he wanted her safe. He already sensed that Sujin wasn’t like him. She was a wolf but he never seemed to mind it.

“Uh,” Taehyung pretended he was thinking for a minute. He was supposed to lie to her. “This boy, you don’t remember how he looks like?” He asked. Sujin shook her head. “His face was blurry but his smile, it was the clearest part of his face,” she said. Taehyung paused. He hadn’t smiled for a while. And Sujin used to love making him smile.

“Do you think he’s still alive now? Do you remember his name?” Taehyung asked. Sujin shook her head. “Since you know a lot about me, possibly because Father told you to investigate about me, I wanted to ask you about this. You seem to be open about what you know,” she reasoned. Taehyung was slightly flattered but he knew she was going to say this. It was obvious.

Jungkook didn’t have much of a clue about her past. Taehyung was the next best bet. “I have no clue what his name was… I can’t remember any specific details about him except the fact he was in Seoul when I was a kid,” Sujin said. Taehyung lightly nodded, relief filling his brain. “I think it’s safer to assume that he’s dead,” he suggested.

“After that tragedy in Seoul, do you think he can still be alive?”

Luhan whistled as he gazed at the stacks of profiles he had on his side. But Taehyung still made him curious. He shuffled through the folders again and found Taehyung’s folder. He opened it up and scanned the pictures slowly. He was sure these first ones were taken before the Seoul Tragedy. She was filled with spirit and she was happy.

She was even wearing the bracelet which bore the symbol of her pack. Taehyung was hugging her in the first picture, grinning widely. They sure looked happy. Luhan looked at the background and noticed they were in Sujin’s family’s house’s balcony. “So her parents knew who Taehyung was,” he whispered as he looked at that photo closely.

Luhan thought they might’ve been in school when this happened. He might’ve been training. Sunny might’ve been bonding with other wolves. Sujin was left alone. She only had Taehyung by her side whenever they were busy. They might’ve grown closer than anticipated.

But what made them separate?

Luhan tapped his chin, trying to think of a possible reason. “Wait… Did he trigger Lee Soo Man?”