Blank Space

Their Fragile Hearts (Their Powers Sequel)

Narrator’s POV

Youngmin told Namjoon to let the others go first. They still had something to discuss, concerning the last surviving members of SNSD, especially Sunny. It was better that Jungkook carried Sujin along. He would be able to take care of her. Once everything was done, once Youngmin finishes EXO off, Jungkook could enjoy Sujin all to himself.

“Is it dangerous to kill her mate though? Don’t mates have a telepathic connection?” Namjoon asked as he closed the door. Youngmin avoided his gaze. “It is dangerous for her. She would feel the pain of death but she won’t die… if we were lucky,” he answered. “If we were lucky? Father, we can’t let Sujin die,” Namjoon said.

“Ara, I know, Namjoon. But we can’t let EXO live for long. It’s better if we kill them and sacrifice one of us than have them kill us first,” Youngmin strictly said. “What will we do about Jungkook then? He may be clueless about the wolf anatomy but he’ll catch on and rebel,” Namjoon asked. Youngmin sighed. “That, I’m not sure what to do. Namjoon, trust me, I don’t want to kill Sujin. She has been a daughter-like figure for me all these years,” he began.

“And Jungkook would surely rebel. I’ve never seen him love a girl like this. It was always him being a heartbreaker and for once, I see him afraid to have his own heart broken,” he continued, closing his eyes. “It’s either I kill Luhan or I store him up in a cell underground and have him have the possibility of going against me,” he told Namjoon, opening one eye. “Wolf relationships are so complicated, Father. We can’t have them alive but at the same time, her life is at stake,” Namjoon said.

“Ah, why are they star-crossed lovers?”

Slowly, Sunny traced the outline of their faces on the photo she was holding. It was an old photo, turning brown by time. It was of her and her childhood friends, Sujin, Luhan, Xiumin and Sehun. When she first saw this picture, she still had her memory wiped out. She was confused. But at that time, she knew what the truth was. The few members of SNSD made her remember every bitter note she needed to have the urge to kill them one by one.

“Sunny, hey,” Tiffany sat beside her and glanced at the photo she was holding. “Past memories huh,” she shook her head. “There’s no point in remembering your childhood. Everything changed after Soo Man went haywire and separated the five of you,” she told her. Sunny shrugged and slowly faced the photo down on the table.

“The only thing that matters now is the fact EXO killed a lot of our members, including Seohyun and Sooyoung,” Tiffany bitterly said. “They also permanently damaged Yoona’s appearance, leaving a large scar on her back,” she added. Those bitter memories seemed to gush into her mind. SNSD was only trying to protect what their race was made for.

But EXO, they wanted to live by their own rules.

In this society, even wolves have rules to follow. And the ultimate rule was to never get along with humans. Never let your existence me known by hunters. Don’t put all of the limelight on you. The consequences were severe. Plus, live as quiet as possible. But what did EXO do? They went every night to kill a lot of humans, alerting the hunters.

What was worse was they befriended the hunters! Even Jessica can’t befriend her little sister anymore. Everything changes once a wolf sides with the hunters. You can’t trust those kinds of wolves. They’re there to kill you and everything you love. They’re there to torture you, physically and emotionally.

“I know, Tiffany. But the question lingers, why didn’t that old man kill himself if he foresaw everything? Why didn’t he kill himself for the safety of his own pack and family?”

Luhan whistled. The profile was detailed. Baekhyun did a great job on researching about those vampires. Jungkook really wasn’t all smiles and rainbows either. He was pretending in front of Sujin. That was a given fact. But the boy’s past was as horrible as his personality after all. He went through all of that? No wonder he was afraid of losing her.

That was why Luhan never wanted to have any sentimental value like humans. Jungkook was humanized. He wasn’t heartless like he was made to be. The world broke him, shattered him into pieces. Jungkook thought Sujin was the only one who accepted the broken him. His family was gone. The girl he first loved was gone. BTS wasn’t supposed to be trusted.

In this tainted world, Jungkook might’ve thought the only pure person left was the woman he loved.

Luhan couldn’t completely relate to what he felt. For one, he never experienced romantic love. He was more of filial. He put his family first before anything personal. Sujin, Luhan wasn’t sure what Sujin was to him. He could feel his chest tightening every time he saw how sweet Jungkook was to Sujin. Was it envy?

Luhan rejected the idea. Why would he feel envy? He never had feelings for the she-wolf. Aside from that, Sujin was dangerous to deal with. Jungkook can have her all to himself. Luhan would wish him good luck once her wolf exposes herself.

Luhan slowly placed the folder on the floor and switched to the other one where it was labelled with a single letter: V. He was still familiar on who this person was. Taehyung appealed to him as a sadistic vampire who was full of mysteries. Baekhyun proved that, telling Luhan that Taehyung’s profile was filled with holes he can’t cover up.

When Luhan opened the folder, he saw the same basic information found in Jungkook’s folder. There was his real name, Kim Taehyung and his birthday without the year. There was his province plus the remaining family members he had. There was even a short biography. There were also several pictures of the younger Taehyung.

But what intrigued Luhan was the last pages of the profile. There were pictures of Taehyung with Sujin, grinning at the camera when Sujin was still blending in with the humans. There were also pictures of Sujin and Taehyung when they were both younger, attending a day care that was managed by peace-loving supernatural beings.

Luhan gulped. V knows her? Even before all of this? How? There were questions forming in Luhan’s mind that had no answers if he didn’t ask Taehyung directly. He suddenly felt nervous, a feeling he never felt since long ago. He felt his heart racing. If memory served him right, Taehyung shouldn’t be taken lightly.

Luhan closed his eyes and thought deeply. Now, where have I seen you before?