Complicated

Their Fragile Hearts (Their Powers Sequel)

I figured, to piss that vampire off, to go to the twins’ school, just near it. That fetus-looking vampire shouldn’t mess with my life. No one messes with Luhan’s life, not even Sujin dared to mess it this much. Speaking of which, I saw her going out of the school since it was likely to be break time for the kids. I raised an eyebrow when I saw that leech looping his arms with his girlfriend.

“Yah, jagiya,” Jungkook said, sweetness filling his voice. “Ah, oppa, what are you doing here? I thought you had dancing lessons today,” Sujin said, tilting her head to the side. “I wanted to pay you visit,” Jungkook pouted. I turned my head to the opposite direction. This should be illegal. No one should see this kind of display of affection but this is mild compared to what MiYeon does to let people know she owns Chen.

“Ah, Mr. Han,” I took a step back when I heard Sujin calling for me and felt Jungkook glaring at me. I turned my head back to them and nodded a bit, forcing a smile on my lips. “It’s still early to wait for the twins. Are you here to talk to someone?” Sujin asked. “I’m sure he’s going on a date,” Jungkook said, protectively clinging on Sujin.

This leech is too childish.

“No, I’m not. I’m not interested in relationships or dating. I think it’s better to focus on more important matters,” I coldly said. “The girl who’ll make you fall will be lucky then to have a man like you,” Sujin said with a smile. My world stopped at what she said. Lucky? Sure, I didn’t fall for her but she was my mate. I was supposed to eventually fall for her. But what happened?

She forgot everything. She lost control and forgot what sanity was and almost killed us. What’s so lucky about that?

But I held my words in and shook my head. “I disagree. I’m not that good of a fellow,” I told her. “Really?” She looked surprised. “Let’s just go,” Jungkook tugged on Sujin’s arm. “But it’s rude to leave Mr. Han all alone. Oh I know,” she turned her attention back to me. “Do you want to eat with us?” She asked me. I swear Jungkook wanted to kill me then but I knew he can’t. Aside from that fact he doesn’t have the strength to do so, it would just destroy his image in front of his clueless girlfriend.

“Why not?” I answered with a cocky smirk on my face, provoking Jungkook. “Is it fine by you, oppa? I mean, it’s nice to have a different kind of company after all,” Sujin looked at Jungkook and the boy looked like he can’t say no. “Aish… Alright, just this one time. You owe me a date,” he said, making Sujin hug him.

I felt a tug on my heart.

Ah, never mind. I think it’s nothing.

We soon found ourselves in a fast food restaurant. I may not eat human food but I can endure it and it looks like Jungkook can endure it too with all the French fries he ate. “So what do you do for a living, Mr. Han?” Sujin asked, feeding herself the hamburger she bought. “I… usually work as a private tutor,” I lied. Well, I don’t work. I can live off with killing people every night.

Not like vampires who have to fill themselves with leisure and glamour.

Jungkook raised his eyebrow. “Oh excuse me, I have to use the bathroom,” Sujin said before leaving the two of us which was a good idea. I wanted to have a talk with this leech.

“Did you like my surprise, dog?” He asked me. “It was really unpleasant but interesting. Thank you for that nice distraction you put up,” I said with a teasing smirk. “But how did you figure out she was different?” I asked. “Werewolf hunters and vampires are allies. Isn’t it the same with vampire hunters and wolves? I trained with her once, before escaping my fate.” He shared.

“But you stirred it up real good. This’ll take long to handle.”

“I know. I meant it to be like that, to be a burden for you.”

“But don’t worry, it’ll take a week or so and I can go back getting my mate.”

“I thought you don’t want her anymore.”

“I thought you might use her for destroying the world, causing chaos.”

“I have no plans to make use of my girlfriend, thank you very much. But father…”

“Father?”

Jungkook shook his head before shooting a look at me. “It’s none of your business anyway,” he said coldly. “And to think… I never thought you would fall for her but I see why,” he reclined his back on his chair as he crossed his arms. “She’s practically irresistible,” he said confidently. I rolled my eyes.

“Not really,” I shook my head. “I didn’t fall for her. I don’t love her,” I said, staring at him blankly. “Who do you not love, Mr. Han?” I froze for a moment before regaining my composure when Sujin sat down across me. “No one, jagiya. He was just telling me about this sasaeng fan he has,” Jungkook said with a smirk.

“A sasaeng fan? Well, you’re really handsome, Mr. Han. I can see why you’ll have a fan like that,” she said. “Am I not handsome?” Jungkook pouted at her. Sujin chuckled as a response and Jungkook whined. I hate this overly sugary couple. I can never imagine treating Sujin like that, acting cutesy in front of her.

And that made her scared of you.

The wolf inside me talked. It was natural for her to be scared of me though. If she wasn’t, she would’ve been running all around Seoul back then. I can’t control her if that was the situation.

I soon separated with the happy couple and went back to our building. Xiumin was making frost paintings on the walls while Sehun was nowhere to be found again. “Where is he?” I raised an eyebrow at my childhood friend. “Mollado (I don’t know),” Xiumin said in a whisper, continuing what he was doing.

“Have you talked to her after her incident with Sehun?” I asked. Xiumin looked at me for a second and shook his head. “I knew this would happen,” he muttered. “Tell me, Xiumin. Do you love her?” I asked and Xiumin didn’t move from his spot.

“Maybe, I do. I’ve been asking that question for a while now and I’m not sure of the answer.”

“If that’s the case, isn’t it better to have her as one of us?”

Xiumin looked down and slowly, his pieces of ice art melted away. “She’s not ready to be a wolf, she’s not supposed to be one of us. She can’t survive if she’s one of us,” he sighed. “She managed to live until now, isn’t that a sign she has a chance of survival?” I asked, settling myself beside him.

“She can’t kill. She can’t murder, unlike us.”

“Aren’t our hunts decreasing?”

“Still,” Xiumin bit his lower lip, looking up. “If… She’s a hunter, Lu-ge. If she gets crazy, she won’t hesitate on killing us but if we get crazy, she won’t hesitate on calling her team to kill us. Either way, she doesn’t fit in a world we live in. She’ll end up like Sujin,” he said, closing his eyes.

“I don’t want to lose her but I don’t want to call her mine.”