Hide Everything

Their Fragile Hearts (Their Powers Sequel)

I was frozen in my spot. The vampires were too. “I just want my girlfriend back,” Jungkook looked at me. “Can’t I at least have the only girl who loves me back?” his eyes were pleading. Siyeon, on the other hand, suddenly fell on her knees. Minwoo assisted her. I think her power was too much for her small body to handle.

MiYeon held on her neck and sighed as she looked at Jungkook. She then took a glance at V and Jimin. Then she turned to me. “What’s your decision? She’s your mate but his girlfriend. I might be sadistic but I kind of have a soft spot for drama,” she told me.

“What is happening..?”

I think time stopped when I heard her voice. “She’s awake,” Sehun muttered. I turned my head to her and she was already sitting up. “What happened to Jimin-oppa?” She had her eyes widened as she pointed at Jimin. I could see why she would get worked up. Jimin had bruises on his arms now and scratches, thanks to MiYeon.

“Wait, where am I? Mr. Han?” She then stared at me with a confused expression. Oh no, she just triggered my memories. She looked the same when we took her in, the only missing ingredient was fear. She was so scared when we took her away.

“I’m ho—“ She stopped what she was saying and her bag dropped on the floor when he saw Kris, Suho and I in her home’s living room, talking to her fake parents. “What’s happening?” She furrowed her eyebrows. “We’re going to give you to these generous men, Sujin,” the mother smile widely. “Ne, ne, they said that they were directly related to you. They can take good care of you,” the father clasped his hands.

She then noticed Suho’s claws and Kris’ canine teeth. “Those men aren’t normal,” Sujin shook her head. “Those are… hell no, they are not real,” she staggered back before starting to run up the stairs and I heard her slam her room to a close. “Sorry for her rude behaviour, gentlemen,” the mother apologized. “She’s always like that. I can see why she doesn’t have that much friends,” the father nodded.

“Thanks for this, er, dress, Mrs Kim,” before I knew it Sujin was out of the bed and she was thanking MiYeon. “I have to go home. My oppadeul and my father might be worried sick already,” she excused herself. “You live together with them?” I asked. Sujin nodded. “I treat them as family, except for Jungkook-oppa of course since he’s my boyfriend,” she smiled sweetly.

Again, I wanted to barf and wipe that smile out of her face.

“Aigoo… We checked the whole city for you and you ended up in your student’s house, dongsaeng,” V suddenly appeared nice and ruffled Sujin’s hair. “Yah, oppa, don’t!” She laughed. “Now, we have to treat Jimin-oppa’s scratches soon. As soon as we get back to our house, arasseo?” Sujin eyed the boys. “Ne, noona,” the trio chimed and looked like nothing was wrong.

Soon, the four of them were gone and I had time to think. On the other hand, MiYeon congratulated her daughter for getting her power. Sujin’s scent still lingered in the room. I hated it. I hated remembering her. I sound like a guy who was dumped by his girlfriend but that’s not the case.

“She’s related to those vampires,” I massaged my temples as I whispered that to myself. “She’s related to them… How can that be? How did they found her?” I asked myself. “Don’t stress yourself that much, hyung,” Sehun patted my back. “What did Jungkook mean when he said you were part of this pack, Sehun? Did you somehow see them before?” I interrogated him.

Sehun gulped then slowly nodded. “I encountered them before. And they were with Sujin and maybe it was the whole group already. I thought it wasn’t Sujin. I didn’t believe my senses so I chose to ignore her and forget that ever happened,” he explained as he looked down.

Sujin’s POV

On the way back, Jimin was being assisted by V and Jungkook had his arm on my waist. “Why were you there, Jinnie?” V suddenly asked me. “Don’t call me Jinnie, oppa. Jin-oppa has the same nickname,” I pouted. Jimin rolled his eyes. “Answer the question!” V pestered. “I don’t know actually. I just remembered my body was aching all over,” I muttered.

I can’t tell them what actually happened. That two men attacked me. They’ll surely suspect Siyeon and Minwoo’s family and I don’t want that. Those children are innocent. “But that dress looks good on you,” Jungkook muttered. “Don’t be shy on telling me that,” I pinched his nose.

“Yuck, don’t do that with other people around,” Jimin complained. I chuckled. “Do you think father will scold me?” I asked. “You know that old man. He is after all someone really strict,” Jungkook answered. I don’t know why but Mr Han’s face can’t be erased from my mind. Every time I try to remember why, my head hurts and spins.

That room and building from before was familiar too. But I can’t ask the others why. They’ll think I’m crazy. When we entered the mansion, Namjoo calls it that, I saw them all watching TV. Not actually all, Hoseuk was dancing some random girl dance and Namjoo and Suga were playing with their phones. Father was nowhere to be seen.

“Where’s the old man?” V asked as he slumped on the couch, right next to Jin. Jin shrugged. I guess I have to explain the roles we have under this roof. Jin was our mother even though I’m the only female. Namjoo was more of our bodyguard and our entertainer, along with Hoseuk, Jimin and Suga. Jungkook was the sweetheart of course, providing the aegyo and V was always the spoiled brat. Me? I was the younger sister. They all said I fitted the role and I guess I have to play along with it.

The boys are all dance instructors in different schools but they join dance competitions as one group called BTS. They are nocturnal. I don’t know why but they’re like that. They don’t look perfect all of the time, especially in the morning. They hate it when I wake them up but that adds to the fun.

Even though I love living with them, I’ve always felt like there was something missing in my life. I always felt like I didn’t fit in with them. I’m not sure why. It’s not because I’m the only girl, I’m sure of that. We were all orphans, they told me their parents died and father took us all in.

“I think he said he’ll go out to talk to some people,” Namjoo said, his eyes glued on his phone. “Is dinner ready?” I asked. “You live with eight men and you expect one of us to cook?” Suga raised an eyebrow. “He’s got a point, jagiya,” Jungkook nodded. I sighed. “You men don’t even eat. This is why you all are so pale!” I sighed.

“Don’t bother about us. We ate before you arrived. Speaking of that, what took you so long?” Hoseuk asked. “She doesn’t have a clue, hyung,” V answered for me. Jin and Namjoo exchanged looks. “Go and eat first. Then do your lesson plan, dongsaeng. We’re just here if you need us,” Suga spared me a glance before looking back at his phone.

While preparing my dinner, I was thinking things through and sorting out questions in my head. Whenever I see Mr Han, why do I feel so familiar? Why does the name Luhan appear in my mind? And that woman, Mrs Kim, why does it feel strange to see her? And why do I feel guilty when I saw that other man in the room?

Why do I feel like BTS and father have been hiding my whole past from me?