Silence

Their Fragile Hearts (Their Powers Sequel)

MiYeon’s POV

I looked at them one by one. They were all intrigued about my past for obvious reasons. I’ve been trying to run away from it. I may appear tough. I may appear as if I can take on the whole world, well, I can. I am Kim MiYeon already. But, even a tough she-wolf like me, has a bad past I don’t want to return to. I’ve regretted what I did. I’ve regretted my past actions but now, Luhan demands it, the summary of it.

“Hurry up and begin. We don’t have all day,” Luhan impatiently said as he tapped his foot. I rolled my eyes. “We can’t talk about that here in the lobby. Sunny would hear us and you don’t want her memories to return, do you?” I said before entering the corridors of the dance school. “I’m sure Jimin’s class is done so we’ll converse there,” I added, opening up a door.

The temperature of the room was slightly high and it was obvious Jimin finished his class just before he saw Luhan and Lay. “What are you two doing here?” I raised an eyebrow at the two vampires. “We’re here to make sure you’re telling the truth. After all, Suga-hyung is part of your past,” Jimin said, relaxing his back on one of the moist mirrors.

I frowned for a moment before beginning to speak. I felt Luhan’s eyes piercing right through me as I began speaking.

“I’m sure Luhan and Lay remember the tragedy. After escaping and making sure no one was following me, I fled to SNSD. I personally knew Taeyeon since we went to the same school and Baekhyun was related to her. I knew once and for all, they would help me. Especially when I displayed a great performance of being hurt and backstabbed.

While on one of my hunts as a member of their pack, I stumbled upon these vampires. And one member charmed me and I managed to charm him. He was Yoongi… I mean, Suga. Honestly, I fancied him. He was romantic in his way and adorable too. I thought I could forget Jongdae.

When I first saw Suga, he looked distant and cold which I learned later on that was natural of him. ‘MiYeon,’ I told him my name and he nodded. ‘Suga,’ he timidly answered. We shook hands and that was the start of a relationship I could never forget.

Because of the anger SNSD has against SJ, they teamed up with BTS and Block B. Suga and I often work together. We trained together and I can say he has the same strength as I do. It was impressive how he managed to fight me until I’m out of breath.

‘Ya, MiYeon,’ one day, he called me. I raised my head and raised an eyebrow. “Hm?” I tilted my head. ‘I like you,’ he said as he rested his back against the tree trunk. I chuckled at the confession. ‘Oh, really now?’ I raised an eyebrow. Suga nodded a bit and leaned towards me. ‘Do you like me back?’ He asked. ‘You interest me,’ I teasingly answered, earning a passionate kiss from him.

Since then, we’ve dated each other…”

I continued my story, earning judging stares from Luhan and gasps from Lay. Jimin and Hoseuk would casually add details to my story. When I finished, I looked at Luhan. “Are you going to tell him?” I asked. Luhan looked away for a moment. “I swear, emotions are really going to mess everything up,” he told us.

“It messed you up,” I smirked as I crouched down and held Luhan’s chin. “It really messed you up without you noticing. But that’s what emotions do. They screw up your sanity,” I continued. “If it didn’t mess your brain, well, Sujin shouldn’t be alive right? Xiumin… Sehun… most of the members should be dead, including the vampires and hunters but that would also be the result of another emotion, anger,” I saw Luhan’s mouth twitching into a smirk.

“But emotions make you act to how your enemy anticipates it. I am sure my enemies, whoever they are, would take knowledge of my temper hence I held it in. What I do is completely different, MiYeon. I have my logic, like you with your madness.”

My smile faded and I pushed Luhan away, making him fall on the floor. I growled at him. “Stop being all high and mighty, Luhan. I’ve had enough of it. Your so-called logic? It’s just your pride talking. I know you’ve been taken control of your emotions,” I snarled. “If it was logic, you killed her already! You could’ve killed your mate even if it pained you!” I almost shouted.

I breathed in and then matched gazes with him again. “Will killing her do anything right? Will killing her make everything normal, MiYeon? Nothing will change except for our blood stained hands,” Luhan reasoned. “If she was dead, we would be rest assured it won’t happen again. History won’t repeat itself but you let her live,” I growled.

While Luhan and I were in a heated argument, the door slammed open, revealing Jungkook and V. “What the heck is she doing here?” I heard Jungkook growl. “Calm down, baby. Growling is for wolves,” V cooed before walking near us. “I guess you’ve been caught,” he whispered in my ear before greeting his co-vampires.

Sujin’s POV

I woke up in my room with Jin sitting by the edge of my bed. He had his eyebrows furrowed as he stared at the silver cross. What happened while I was out? When I cut myself with the cross’ end, I out. I wasn’t sure what happened next but I had a hunch.

If I asked Jin, he would surely never tell me the truth.

I struggled on sitting up and Jin glanced at me. “You triggered her,” he said, and I see fear in his eyes. “Her?” I gulped. Is he talking about the girl I talk to in the mirror? “I am pretty sure you know who I’m talking about, Sujin. And you’re making things more dangerous than it already is, without even knowing,” Jin put the cross down on the side table.

“I have no clue because you don’t even give me any,” I reasoned. “Because it’s better to have it like that, than have you running around, killing various people because of what you are,” Jin defended himself, along with BTS and father. “What am I, oppa? What, am, I? I’ve been asking that to myself but of course, I can’t answer it all on my own,” I pointed at myself, as I breathed in heavily.

“Even Jungkook-oppa dodges the question. I want to know, Jin-oppa. What am I? Who am I? Why are Mr. Han, Mrs. Kim, everyone connected to them, so familiar?” I held my head. He sighed before wrapping his arms around me. Jin was gentle. He took care of all of us. I didn’t care if Suga calls him dangerous. For me, Jin was like the mother of this family.

“Don’t stress yourself. It’s not good for your body. The time will come that you’ll be sure of who you were. The important matter here is that you know who you are now. You are our Sujin, Jungkook’s girlfriend and our little sister and father’s baby girl. Do you understand?”

I nodded at his question. “Where’s Jungkook, by the way?” I asked. “He’s out with V, something happening in Hoseuk and Jimin’s dance studio,” Jin answered. “But can you give me a clue? Who am I?” I asked again. Jin sighed, still not letting go of my body.

“Mr. Han… no,” Jin lightly shook his head with a sad smile. “Luhan is someone very close to you, I mean was. Mrs. Kim was Ms. Choi, Choi MiYeon and she was the only girl other than you in your past family. You were filled with fear,” his voice quivered. “But now, you’re safe. You won’t live in fear if you’re with Bangtan,” he reassured me.

I nodded. But actually, he was wrong. Ever since I’ve had these doubts, I’ve been scared of something or someone. And that was myself. I was scared of what I’m capable of doing. Can I kill them? Was I really merciless? To the point that Luhan and MiYeon never wanted me back?

But maybe, Jin was right. What did he know though? I was sure enough I wasn’t human. I wasn’t like the children whom I teach lessons to. I wasn’t like the friends I developed during my college days. No, I was more supernatural than them.

You’re a wolf, dear. And your humanity won’t change what I have in store for our former pack.

I wanted to shut this voice in my head up but I can’t. She’s part of me. And that will never change. The voice might be silenced for most of the time I’ve been with BTS but it didn’t mean she was gone. She was merely waiting for the chance to take advantage of me.

I’m done with being blind. It was my time to take action and figure out how to silence her, once and for good.