"I Hope You'll Never Leave Me"

Their Fragile Hearts (Their Powers Sequel)

Narrator’s POV

Sujin looked at herself in the mirror. It has been days since she talked to Jin about that issue. She tried carrying on with her life as if her problems were done. But the cross dangling on her wrist didn’t agree with her. She took in a deep breath before closing her eyes.

Snip. Snip. Snip.

When she opened them again, a new image welcomed her. The used-to-be long black hair was only reaching her neck. It gave her a livelier look. It gave her some kind of hope that change can happen if she can do it.

This was metaphorically her telling herself that she can silence that voice in her head.

She never told Jungkook about her plans. Actually, she didn’t plan on telling anybody about what she was going to do. After her class today, she was going to ask the twins to take her to where they lived. She was going to ask the people what she was. She was determined to do so.

Jungkook carefully opened the door and greeted his girlfriend a “Good morning”. Sujin acknowledged him with a nod before he went in to have a clearer view of her. “What a pretty girlfriend I have, but we could always go to a salon, you know. Rather than you having your hands dirty,” he said as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

Sujin just chuckled at how his boyfriend acted. “I’m not a princess, oppa. I can handle myself,” she told him as she put the scissors down. Jungkook intertwined his fingers with hers and smiled at her as if she was the most precious jewel in the entire world. “You’re a princess to me. Remember that, Sujin,” he said before lightly pecking her lips.

“But I am an independent princess, sort of like Tiana or Mulan,” Sujin puffed her cheeks, successfully fooling her boyfriend into thinking she was perfectly fine. Jungkook chuckled at the childish reaction. “Alright, but tell me if you ever plan to cut your hair again, okay? I don’t want to be shocked by how beautiful you are in every hairstyle you choose,” he said as he pinched her cheeks.

“Stop flirting in there. We have to take your girlfriend to school!” Jimin peeped in the room and Namjoon was just behind him. “You know, Jimin’s right! You can save those cheesy words for later!” Namjoon shouted from the back. Jungkook groaned as he rolled his eyes.

“Okay! Okay! Just one more minute!” Jungkook said before turning back to Sujin who was only laughing at how he looked. “Don’t you dare laugh at me, you beautiful beast,” Jungkook said as he tickled Sujin’s waist making her laugh louder than she already was. “Hey! Stop! Kookie!” Sujin gasped for air and soon after, she was enveloped into Jungkook’s arms.

“I love you. I hope you’ll never leave me,” he whispered into her ear.

Luhan was annoyed at how Lay has been behaving recently. Sure, Xiumin and Sehun’s fights were more annoying but Lay going out late at night without any reason was just… peculiar. Lay has been an angel. Even when Sujin was here, Lay has been a complete angel. He followed what he was told to do. He heals as a power for obvious reasons.

But Luhan thought of how Lay loathed he was a wolf.

Luhan could remember how many times Lay would accidentally mention how vile they were. Lay always wished to be human and when Sujin was here, he was thought to be her mate a couple of times but their encounters weren’t that often to support that assumption.

Lay always tried to protect Sujin’s humanity and since she’s human now, Lay might be showing efforts to make her stay that way. He didn’t want her to return to the old violent lifestyle. He wanted her to experience the bliss he never did.

Even at this point of view, Luhan knew Lay was still acting like an angel.

“He’s gone again,” Baekhyun laughed. “He’s always gone. Maybe he found his mate… or stole yours,” Chanyeol’s eyes landed on Luhan as he said that. “Oh right, your mate has a vampire as her boyfriend. That is way more funnier than having Lay,” he added as he laughed along with Baekhyun.

“You’re just being absurd, Chanyeol. Maybe it’s because you haven’t found your mate yet?” Luhan smirked. Chanyeol scoffed. “Without a mate, I can flirt with whoever I want. Being tied down like Chen? I can’t handle that,” he shook his head. “Girls always want to be pampered and paid attention to. It’s fun being single,” he shrugged.

“You’ll change your mind once you find her, Yeol,” Baekhyun said, kind of annoyed that he described she-wolves rather generically. Mae wasn’t like that. She never wanted to be pampered. She was always with the hunters, hence she didn’t need much attention. Baekhyun sometimes believed that Mae was a guy but again, Baekhyun was straight.

“Either way, you can’t talk to hyung like that,” Tao pouted. Luhan sighed. “Even after years, you’re still childish. When will you change, Chanyeol?” he asked. Chanyeol shook his head with a wide grin. “Until those wretched hunters burn in hell,” he answered. “I heard my sister was still alive and well,” he added.

“I want to take revenge. We were completely innocent,” he growled and fire started to form from his hands, slowly turning into a small dagger. “Don’t act on impulse, Chanyeol. It’ll only harm you,” Luhan told him. Chanyeol laughed. “If you acted on impulse, then Sujin won’t be a problem anymore! She should’ve died, along with the other members of SNSD!”

With the mention of the all-girl pack, Baekhyun coughed. “Oh right, your cousin is the leader,” Tao said as he looked at Baekhyun. “Don’t worry, I hate her. Aside from that, I’m sure she’s still alive and well,” Baekhyun said as he reclined his back on the wall of the room. “Noona is really strong. That is why she leads that pack,” he added, a bitter taste lingering on his tongue.

“By the way, hyung, how is Sujin? Is she still dating that vampire? You can’t lose to a leech.”