Wolf's Return

Their Fragile Hearts (Their Powers Sequel)

Leejin’s POV (Sujin’s Wolf)

I looked at the mirror with a devilish smile. I’m back. Finally, it’s my time to take over this body. I raised the silver cross to my eye level and smiled at it. “Ah, thank you, Lay. I give my thanks to you. If it wasn’t for you, she wouldn’t know how,” I told it.

It has been years since that Lee Soo Man imprisoned me in the deepest part of Sujin’s heart. It was torture to feel the happiness she felt and the love she received from these vampires. It was funny to even hear vampires getting along with wolves.

“Sujin, whatever you do, you can’t change what is destined to happen,” I pointed at the mirror. My reflection was of this clueless Sujin. She hasn’t recalled everything yet. “What are you? What are you doing to my body? Give it back!” She almost shrieked. Luckily, I was the only one to hear her.

That was the good thing about dominating this body. If she can’t take control of it physically, no one can hear her but me. I laughed at her before matching gazes with her. “I’m sorry, honey, but there is no way you can get in the way of my plans,” I mused before going out of the room, throwing the cross on the desk near the mirror.

There wasn’t anyone in the house. I was pretty sure of that. Hoseuk and Jimin were in the dance school they were working in, owned by father. Namjoon was with Suga to produce a song for some entertainment company. Jungkook and Taehyung were out to kill some girls, I was sure knowing them. And wait… Where did Jin go?

“I knew it.”

I turned my back to see Jin resting his shoulder on the door frame of his room. He had a smirk on his face with his fangs exposing their existence. “And what did you know, oppa?” I tried acting as if I were the little petty wolf he knew. “Stop pretending. I can look through you. You’re not Sujin, aren’t you?” He stepped towards me, near enough to have our faces centimetres away from each other.

The smile disappeared from my face and an annoyed scowl went out my mouth. “You don’t have to involve yourself in this mess, Seokjin,” I strictly told him. “A wolf without any respect, I wouldn’t expect that from you,” Jin said with a smirk on his face.

I raised an eyebrow. “As you’ve noticed, everything isn’t as it seems,” I told him. “Feisty, ah, I’m sure Jungkook would love you even more,” Jin commented, shaking his head a bit. “I don’t care at all, Seokjin. What I do care about is if that deer wolf still has feelings for her. If he still does, I can manipulate him easier using this body,” I gestured my hands to emphasize my point.

“Well, I’d rather have you manipulate me using that body,” Jin held my chin, making me look into his red eyes. Oh god, is this vampire flirting with me? I scoffed. “I have other matters to attend to than mess around with a leech like you,” I told him. He put another hand and brushed through my hair, making me furrow my eyebrows.

“What are you doing?” I hissed. “You know, I’ve always wondered what would Sujin taste like. Of course, I wouldn’t say it out loud since she’s dating Jungkook. I didn’t love her though. I just lusted for her blood,” he explained. “Tell me something new,” I said in a monotone.

With his left hand, he tilted my hand and I felt his lips hovering over an area of my neck. I could easily push him away but I won’t, for now. I’m not weak after all. “I wonder how your boyfriend would react if he sees love marks on your neck,” Jin teased. I rolled my eyes. “I don’t have a boyfriend,” I smirked.

“You make it sound like you want me,” Jin said before chuckling. I could hear his hot breath against my neck. Sure, he’s a vampire but his breath was still hot, quite the opposite of his skin. “It’s not that, Seokjin. It’s quite the opposite actually. I’m waiting for something,” I whispered. “And what are you waiting for? My bite?” I could hear the excitement in his voice.

“No, this.”

I could hear a couple of books dropping on the floor. I knew they arrived. I was pretty sure they used the back door. I could see Jin backing off with widened eyes. “You… You knew,” Jin stuttered, stepping back. He was afraid of Jungkook clawing him to death. I smirked at him, obviously knowing Taehyung and Jungkook couldn’t see my face.

“I know much more than you think I know,” I mouthed before Jungkook ran past me and held Jin’s neck, against the wall. Taehyung coolly went beside me and put his arm on my shoulders. “I waited,” he said. “I know,” I put my arm by his waist, pulling him closer to me.

We both knew Jungkook wouldn’t stop on beating up Jin. I am sure you’re all shocked about how close Taehyung and I are. Actually, all of BTS knows I’m a wolf. I mean, who doesn’t? But Taehyung was the first one to know this side of Sujin. He was the first one to know Leejin.

But this isn’t some romance drama or whatever. Taehyung and I are working together to torture the wolves.

“I’m glad you’re back,” Taehyung timidly said, escorting me towards the living room. “Glad to be back,” I crossed my legs. “You planned what’s happening to Jin-hyung, didn’t you?” He had a teasing smile. “Of course and everything’s going according to plan, Taehyung. A little bit more and my plan will succeed,” I told him.

“It’s not only your plan, you know. Father knows this,” he put his hand on my thighs. I bit my lower lip. Father… That wise old man knows my weaknesses. “I’ll do whatever it takes to dispatch him,” I said as I closed my eyes. Taehyung suddenly made me put my head on his shoulder.

“Jungkook’s coming. Pretend you’re asleep,” he whispered. I nodded a bit and closed my eyes.

“Jimin-hyung and Hoseuk-hyung called. They told us to go to the dance school. Luhan and another wolf are there,” I heard Jungkook say in an urgent tone. Taehyung gently raised my head and put a pillow under it as he left me on the couch. “When do you plan on telling her the whole truth, Jungkook? When she finds out you’ve been hiding everything from her, it would be the longest quarrel you two have experienced,” Taehyung said.

“If father permits it, I will tell her. I love her more than my life, hyung, but I don’t want to cross the lines. I won’t be like Block B. I won’t let father touch her and hurt her. I will only protect Sujin.”

“Oh, you know, if her wolf, let’s say, wakes up, she wouldn’t need you anymore.”

Luhan’s POV

MiYeon told the twins to go into a random class and join it. Since the teachers know the twins and they were afraid of their mother, they always let them in their classes. The twins were harmless after all and no one would go against the fact that they’re both adorable.

“It was all the in the past, Jimin, Hoseuk,” MiYeon eyed the leeches carefully. She sighed afterwards. “I don’t want them to end up like the other people in our pack. We were all from successful families but most of us don’t even have a job. I want the twins to experience a life of luxury, like what vampires have but even better and without blood,” she continued.

She pursed her lips before turning to us. “And I guess I have to fess up though I’d prefer not to,” she said. “You don’t have to, MiYeon. We’re not forcing you,” Lay said as he patted MiYeon’s shoulders. “He may not be but I demand to know. You’ve been keeping your past a secret from us and I don’t care if you want this privacy. I’ve held my tongue for years and now, I want the truth,” I demanded.

“If it pleases you, I have no choice but to tell my tale, deer. But don’t tell Jongdae. I can’t have him know the truth,” MiYeon urgently said. “And why not? Chen has the right to know. He is your mate,” I narrowed my eyes at her. “He knows how wicked you can get, why not tell him what happened?” I raised an eyebrow.

“He can’t…” She muttered as she looked down. “He won’t accept it. I’m sure you wolves know how my relationship with Jongdae is. But you don’t know a side of Jongdae’s that I’ve experienced while I was with him. We might have a long-term quarrel and it won’t be good for the kids,” she closed her eyes for a moment.

Lay shot a look at me and held my shoulder. He then nodded at MiYeon. “Your secret’s safe with us,” he reassured her. MiYeon’s smile then re her face and she proceeded on telling us what happened, after the tragic incident that caused Kyungsoo’s mate’s life.