[Final]

♦ .Unspoken Feelings. ♦
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next day came by too quickly, you three had not had dinner; maybe yesterday’s discussion had been enough to fill you all up. It was already 8 a.m. and it was Sehun who woke up first, having set an alarm to make sure that he’d be awake to accompany you to the doctor. He went to your room and was not surprised to see Jongin and you in the same position as the previous night. Trying to make the less noise possible, he went to wake Jongin up first. And then both boys exited your room to have a chat. Both knew that they had much to say to each other.

 

 

“Why did you not tell me?!” asked Jongin on a rather resentful tone.

“It was not something that I could tell you on my own Jongin, this is about Hana.”

“How long has it been?”

“Since last year...”

“A whole year, you’ve been hiding it from me for a whole year. Sehun why? Why didn’t she want to tell me about it... aren’t I her best friend.”

“Ha! You ask yourself if you’ve been a good best friend for the past six months.”

“Of course I-“  And then it hit him, Soojung, he had been all over Soojung for the past months that he failed to even notice the smallest possibilities that his best friend was sick.

 

Blaming himself, he said;

 

"I must have been blind. It's too late, I'm always too late..." 

“Don’t you dare say that it’s too late again! I’m not going to let her forget about us...”

“Sehun.... it’s not like we have a choice.”

 

Finally, reality sunk into both of them. You were forgetting every day things, that’s a fact. And it was not getting any better. One day you’d forget them too, that day could be close just as it could be far. No one knew what the future had in reserve for them.

 

 

 

 

Four months later.

 

For the past four months, Hana had never been this happy; Jongin and Sehun were by her side at all times. Jongin was practically staying at their place as he spent 6/7 days at your there. But even if you tried hard to keep the best out of those magnificent days; your memories kept on deceiving you each day; disappearing one by one at a slow yet too quick pace which scared even the doctors.

 

Soon you had to be hospitalised, you had become a danger to yourself too quickly. Doctors couldn’t explain why the disease had reached such an advanced stage on you already, but it had and measures had to be taken to prevent yourself from getting hurt; you didn’t remember where you lived, how to take the bus, what school you attended or if you even had the right age to still attend school.

 

However your days in the hospital were not that bad, everybody took great care of you and Jongin would always come by to see you before going to school and then go straight to your bedside after as well. As for Sehun, he worked only 3/7 days now, spending the whole other days with you all the time.

 

Happy. That’s how you felt.

 

Even if Jongin and you were not dating, it felt as if you were; he was being the kind of best friend that was like a caring boyfriend. No kisses of course but cuddles, this was enough to make you smile like an idiot all the time.

 

Sehun on the other hand, was just as happy. He hadn’t seen such a smile on your face for so long. He was able to see you, his sister, purely content and joyful after nearly two years. And he was definitely making sure that no one takes away your happiness.

 

But then it all turned upside down one day. It was a cold Thursday night, winter had just set itself into the city and Sehun was lying comfortably beside you, watching TV when he received a message from Jongin.

 

 

“Jongin tells you that he is going to be late today, he has a project due tomorrow.”

“Ohh I see..... Wait... who is Jongin?”

“Your... best friend, don’t you... remember.”

“Oh right, right. True Jongin my best friend.”

 

Sehun was scared, was it really already happening. He was terrified, so terrified that he didn’t dare to ask anything else. He was scared that your answer would be the one that he doesn’t want to hear.

 

 

[...]

 

 

Jongin indeed came late that day, you were already asleep and Sehun told him what had happened earlier. That night both guys spent the night crying. Soon you were not even going to remember who they were, how w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter