► 16'

♦ .Unspoken Feelings. ♦
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


You and Sehun turned around briskly, to look at the sudden 'intruder'. You bit down onto your lower lip with beads of sweat forming on your forehead. You had now no choice but to tell Jongin the truth now, but how? Even if you had thought about this situation a lot, you had never really planned how you’d break it out to him... 

 


"I-I thought that you were sleeping..." 

"I was but when I couldn't feel you in my arms, slumber escaped..." he stated, rubbing his eyes while letting out a small timid-like yawn.

 


There was then, a minute of pure silence; Sehun was eyeing the two of you while Jongin was eyeing you two twins and you, well you were eyeing the floor. 



Finally Jongin broke the silence which felt like hours; 



"So are you going to tell me what I have to know now or do I have to continue the whole staring contest?”

"I think that I'm going to let the two of you talk it through..." said Sehun as he removed his apron to leave the kitchen hurriedly. You tried stopping him but he was too eager to leave. You knew that you would break down... soon, and without Sehun backing you up it would be even harder but at the same time, he was right; this was something you had to talk about alone; just Jongin and you.



"Hana I'm waiting..." 

"Let's go to my room... we'll talk there." 

"O-Okay..." Jongin was surprised as to how serious your tone had been. 'Is it something that bad?' he wondered. 



[...]



It had now been 15 minutes that you were seated on your bed, under the covers with Jongin beside you, staring at your worried face desperately. 



"Hana...-" 
"I don't know how to start Jongin..." 

"Is it that serious?" 

"I'm probably dramatizing it in my head..." 

"Well then, if so, no matter what, you shouldn't be afraid to tell me anything. You know that."

"I know but..." 

"No buts, don't you trust me?"



You looked over at him for few seconds, and directed your gaze back down as quickly. It took you courage to say those two words; somehow you felt lighter but also even more self-conscious about your conditions. It was the first time that you had admitted anything about your present conditions directly and it only brought you to one conclusion; it is too late. 



"I'm sick."

"Sick? What do you mean by sick? Are you covering a fever?" He asked anxiously as he placed his palm on your forehead. You smiled at his care and took his hand, the one on your forehead, in yours. 

"Not this kind of sick Jongin..."

"Don't tell me that you... you have a cancer? Please no..." this thought caused him to grab onto your hand ever so tightly and you automatically held his in the same way. You were slowly tearing up already while his eyes were getting red bit by bit.

"No no... It’s not a cancer..." you uttered softly and you felt him sigh beside you. 

"You scared me Hana... what is it then?"



You held in your tears and took a deep breath.



"I... Memory Disorder, I have a memory disorder."



Jongin fell mute on your words as he remembered the few things you had forgotten and been clueless about in front of him. Somehow, guilt ate him over as he recalled how harsh he had been on you on Soojung's birthday. Then it all clicked in his head; this was what Sehun and you were hiding from him. “But forgetting few things was not that bad; your life was not being threatened.” He thought.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me Hana? It’s not something worth hiding from me. It’s not as if, you’d forget who I am or anything; it’s only every day things right? Like today’s date or about homework or something.” Jongin broke into a smile as relief caught him.

 

You finally broke into tear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter