Ch. 9

What If?

Krystal’s POV

 

Ever since last night Jessica’s been more affectionate that usual. I don’t really mind it but it makes me think something’s wrong, that she knows something I don’t. The plane jerked abruptly causing me to instinctively grab Jessica’s hand. Flying doesn’t really bother me, but turbulence keeps me on edge.

 

“It’s okay I’m here,” smiled Jessica reaching up to my hair.

 

“Sooyeon ah I’m tired,” I pouted. Putting the armrest up she open her arms which I eagerly snuggled into.

 

“It’s going to be a long flight try and sleep well,”

 

“Same to you,” I yawned. “But if you’re still awake when they’re serving food wake me up”

 

“You and your food,” she teased.

 

Unfortunately the ride had been rather bumpy so I didn’t get all that much sleep. Neither of us got much sleep and trust me a tired Jung is an unhappy Jung. By the time we finally landed I was completely exhausted.

 

“You told me that you’re friends we’re going to pick us up right?” I asked as we walked through the airport.

 

“Yeah they said they’d be waiting for us outside.”

 

“Who was it again? And are we going to the hotel right away?”

 

“Taeyeon and Tiffany and as much as I’d like to they want us to come to dinner with them and meet some of the friends they’ve made since they moved here.”

 

“I’m so tired though,” I whined.

 

“I know so am I but they said that we don’t have to stay for very long, plus I’m sure you’re hungry after such a long flight,” She wrapped her arm around me and pat my shoulder.

 

“Maybe a little,” She smiled at me while we continued to make our way outside.

 

“There they are!” I look towards the sound of the voice to see Taeyeon and Tiffany waving at us.

 

“Hey guys it’s so good to see you!” squealed Jessica running up to give them both a hug.

“It’s been forever since we last saw you,” Tiffany beamed, “I’m so happy you’re both here.”

 

“Yeah same here,” agreed Taeyeon.

 

“It’s great to see you again but where are we going for dinner? I’m starving.” Jessica slapped me on the shoulder scolded me for being rude.

 

“It’s alright you guys must be hungry after you’re, but we decided we’d save the big meeting for another time. So how about we just go grab a quick bite before we drop you off at the hotel.” Suggested Taeyeon.

 

“Sounds good to me what about you?” Jessica asked looking at me.

 

“That works,”

 

“Alright then it’s settled, let’s go!” Tiffany was so excited that she got in the driver’s seat. However Taeyeon was there to put down the law. She said something about how Tiffany shouldn’t be driving her car when she had just gotten into a fender bender a few weeks ago. Reluctantly Tiffany gave up the driver’s seat and swapped it for shotgun.

 

After putting our bags away Jessica and I curled up together in the back seat. Unsurprisingly we dosed off during the car ride. No longer as hungry as we had been we each had just a little bit to eat before we headed to the hotel.

 

By the time they dropped us off I was ready to collapse, but we still had to check in and unpack our bags before we could go to sleep. The room I had booked was decently sized one bedroom suite with a kitchen, giving it the appearance of an apartment.

 

“I’m not going to unpack everything tonight; just the essentials,” I told Jessica placing my bag on the floor.

 

“Same here I’m too tired, let’s just goo to bed,”

 

“Come on let’s get ready for bed then.” By the time we finally got to bed it was 1:00 in the morning. I felt like I could sleep for a week I was so tired.

 

“Come here Soojung,” called Jessica pulling me closer and kissing me on the cheek.

 

I sighed in contentment I never thought that we’d be together as more than just sisters. Everything seemed perfect but I had that nagging feeling in the back of my mind that something was off.

 

Jessica has been overly clingy which could be because we are finally free to love one another without our friends and family being around to judge us. Minus Tiffany and Taeyeon who don’t know about us, but that shouldn't be an issue since we’ll spend most of the time by ourselves. On the other hand it could mean that she wants to make the most of our time together before she goes off and leaves me.

 

That’s right she’s got Heechul waiting for her back in Korea. The thought alone made my heart ache, how was I supposed to survive this when it’s all said and done?

 

We love each other but what if love isn’t enough to keep us together.

What if love is the very thing that will tear us apart?