Ch. 7

What If?

Krystal’s POV

 

It’s been a few days since I agreed to let Jessica come with and I’d been talking with Sulli but I hadn’t had a chance to go back to her house yet. I was not about to leave without seeing my best friend. But I hadn’t told any of my other friends except Amber so I invited them to out local café.

 

“”Hey Krystal what’s up?” called Victoria as she walked in the door followed by Luna.

 

“Hey unnie,” I smiled back motioning for them to take a seat.

 

“So you little rascal I hear your going somewhere for a while,” accused Luna.

 

“Yeah I am, who spilled the beans?” I wondered. Though I was pretty sure I already knew who it was.

 

“Amber,” they said together giving me a ‘Did you even have to ask’ kind of look.

 

Amber wasn’t necessarily the best at keeping secrets, which is why when I told Sulli about my feelings for Jessica we left Amber out. Not that Amber really minded since she was well aware that if it was something that couldn’t be shared she shouldn’t hear it.

 

“Hey guys sorry we’re late,” apologized Sulli as she and Amber walked towards our table.

 

 “Glad to see you could join us,” I smiled.

 

“So what’s the big deal?” questioned Luna.

 

“I’ve decided to go to New York for a while.” I announced, “Amber and Sulli already know but I couldn’t go without telling you,”

 

“There’s something more to this story than what you’re letting on,” Victoria wasn’t asking she was stating a fact.

 

“Yeah I guess you caught me,” I chuckled nervously.

 

“Maybe it’s time you tell them, they may handle the news better than you think,” prompted Sulli putting a hand on my shoulder.

 

“You’re right,” I sighed. “My stay might be more of a permanent thing.”

 

“What?!” They practically shouted shocking me. I felt bad for not telling them sooner, but I wasn’t really known for my timing. Their faces were a mixture of shock and sadness.

“Yeah I’m sorry I didn’t tell you guys sooner it was kind of a spontaneous decision,” Sulli patted me on the back with a smile.

 

“Well if this is what you want, but I also heard you were going with Jessica isn’t she due to get married?” I shot a glare at Sulli who held her hands up in defense.

 

“Hey we live together I can’t keep all out secrets from Amber.”

 

“Hold up, Jessica’s getting married but she’s going to New York with you?” questioned Victoria. “Shouldn’t she be here with her fiancé preparing for the wedding?”

 

All this talk about Jessica getting married was beginning to irritate me. It was like each one of them was taking turns jabbing me with a knife every time they mentioned the potential marriage. It served as a reminder that Jessica and I could never really be together.

 

“He only asked she didn’t say yes yet,” I could feel the lump in my throat as I spoke barely managing to keep my voice from cracking.

 

“That’s weird I thought she would have said yes right away,” shrugged Luna.

 

“Um hey guys I’m leaving tomorrow so I should probably go since I’ll be there a while I still have a lot of packing to do.” I smiled attempting to excuse myself.

 

Thankfully they didn’t seem to think anything was unusual about my sudden desire to leave. After bidding them goodbye I headed back to the house to be alone since Jessica had said she’d be out for the day. I had actually finished my packing yesterday but I just needed an excuse to leave. I’m sick of hearing about Heechul and marriage.

 

As I opened the door I could hear voices coming from the living room.

 

“Hello?” I called out walking towards the living room.

 

“Hey what’s up Krystal?” I was shocked to see Heechul sitting on our couch, but even more so to see Jessica sitting rather comfortably at his side. That was until she realized my presence and immediately separated herself from him.

 

“Hey Krystal,” she greeted.

 

“I’m going to go to my room,” Without waiting for any sort of response I headed for the stairs. I heard Jessica call my name but Heechul convinced her to stay put. How could I have been so foolish? I knew the answer; it was because I was so completely in love with her.  It’s selfish of me to want her to still come with me to New York when she clearly has someone waiting for her here.