Ch. 11

What If?

I was surprised to say the least when I realized the person that Taeyeon had invited for Krystal was none other than Choi Minho. We had met a few times back in Korea but I never imagined he’d be here in the states let alone the person I’d be handing my sister over to.

 

Maybe I didn’t think this through as well as I thought I had.

 

Giving my best smile I greeted him happily. “Hey Minho it’s been so long how have you been?”

 

“I’ve been great, it’s so good to see you again. How have you been?”  He definitely sounded happier to see me than I was to see him.

 

“I’ve been doing well, you may have heard that I might be getting engaged soon,”

 

“Ah yes Tiffany told me. And who is this? I don’t think we’ve had the pleasure of meeting before,” Minho turned towards Krystal’s with a bright smile.

 

“Hi I’m Krystal. Nice to meet you.” She bowed slightly and shook his hand.

 

Lunch went rather smoothly and ended with Krystal exchanging numbers with Minho. Which was a plus in terms of my initial plan but on the other hand I couldn’t help but feel jealous. Seriously who would enjoy watching the person they love most flirt with someone else.  But this wasn’t about me this was about Krystal and what was best for her.

 

“So what do you think of Minho?” I asked as we made our way back to the hotel.

 

“He was nice,” she shrugged.

 

“I think you two would make a cute couple,” I joked wanting to see how she’d react.

 

“No way you’re the only one for me,“ she teased slapping my shoulder.

 

Krystal’s POV

 

The rest of our way back to the hotel was spent in an uncomfortable silence.  Jessica had been acting strangely since lunch and I wasn’t completely sure why; but I think it had something to do with Minho.

 

Speaking of Minho he was nice and all but whatever he was looking for he’d have to look somewhere other than me. I don’t mind if he just wants to be friends; anything beyond that and I’d have to draw the line.

 

Truthfully I thought Jessica would be a little bit jealous. To my dismay not only was she not jealous; she completely ignored me the whole time.

“Sooyeon, let me see your phone I want to listen to some music,” I requested when we got back to the hotel.

 

“Yah! You have your own.”

 

“But I want yours!” I pouted.

 

“Fine whatever only if you can guess my password,” she huffed tossing her phone at me.

 

Her phone buzzed in my hands and I looked down to see that it was a message from Tiffany. I was going to call Jessica but she’d already stepped into the bedroom. What’s the harm anyway? I already knew her password and it isn’t like she has anything to hide; I’m sure she wouldn’t mind if I took a peak.

 

But the blissful ignorance was quickly shattered when I read the conversation between Tiffany and Jessica.

 

Tiffany: ‘Looks like Minho and Krystal really hit it off don’t you think?’

 

Jessica: ‘I’m really hoping to find someone for Krystal while I’m here so she won’t be lonely when I leave.’

 

Tiffany: ‘Taeyeon knows this great guy she thinks would be perfect for her.’

 

Tiffany: ‘Any decisions on your marriage yet? I know you said when you get back you’ll let him know but do you already know.’

 

Jessica: ‘I plan on telling him yes. I think I’m finally ready to settle down.’

 

Tiffany: ‘WOW! I knew one of these days you’d find the one!’

 

I tossed her phone aside not wanting to read anymore. I was angry and sad all at once. Furious on the one hand that she wasn’t here to be with me, instead she’s trying to pawn me off on someone else. She came knowing she was going to say yes! How could I have thought for even a second she was going to say no and stay?

 

She shouldn’t have come. If these were her intentions she should have just stayed away and let me deal with this in peace.

 

Wiping the tears from my eye I left the hotel room before Jessica could returned.

 

I couldn’t be around her anymore; not when I knew the truth. I didn’t know where I was going but anywhere was better than there.

 

Walking down the busy streets it dawned on me just how lonely New York City really was. All the flashing lights and millions of people meant nothing. Stranger’s faces in foreign places; that’s all they were. None of which did anything to quell the immeasurable pain in my heart.

 

I wondered around the city for hours. Jessica is probably worried since I didn’t let her know I was leaving; I even left my phone behind because I didn’t want her to be able to reach me.

 

I check the time on my watch; it’s half past midnight. With a sigh I decide to head back to the hotel.

 

After catching a taxi back to the hotel I quietly snuck back into the room.

 

“Yah! Jung Soojung!” So much for coming back unnoticed.

 

“Do you know how worried I was?! I came back and you were gone, you’ve been gone for hours! I almost called the police!” she shouted pacing around the room with her hands on her hips. “And what about your phone if you were going out you should have taken it with you! I couldn’t even get in touch; what’s wrong with you?!”

 

I guess I had this coming for just leaving like that. Honestly I thought I’d be angry at her as well when I came back, but I just didn’t have the energy to get into it with her.

 

“I’m too tired for this, yell at me in the morning,” I wave her off, dropping my bag on the counter and making my way towards the bedroom.

 

“Jung Soojung! Don’t jus-”

 

I cut her off abruptly by grabbing her shoulders and shaking her.

 

“How could I do this to you?! How could you do this to me? How could you be so goddamn selfish?!” I shouted glaring into her eyes.

 

“What are you talking about?” Her voice faltered and I knew she had a pretty good idea what I was talking about.

 

“I think it’s best if you go back to Korea as soon as possible. After all you have a fiancé waiting for you.” With that I turn to leave.

 

“You saw my conversation with Tiffany didn’t you,” It was more of a statement than a question.

 

“Yeah, so I think it’s best for both of us if you go,”

 

A/N: Truthfully I struggle when writing in Jessica’s POV so I think I’ll mainly stick with Krystal. Also the texts aren’t in chronological order so if they seem weird that’s why. If anyone has any criticism or advice that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.