Ch. 3

What If?

Sulli and Amber had been kind enough to let me spend the night. I wasn’t really ready to go home but I knew I had to face the music at some point. Unfortunately I neglected my phone by leaving it in the car the whole time so that meant I’d probably have a ton a missed calls and texts from Jessica.

 

Climbing in the car I grabbed my phone off the front seat and attempted to turn on the screen. I rolled my eyes at the black screen before tossing it in to the passenger seat. Jessica was going to give me hell when I got back home.

 

“Sooyeon ah?” I called tentatively upon opening the door. Obviously I wasn’t giving her enough credit because almost as soon as I closed the door Jessica was tearing down the stairs. I half expected her to still be sleeping.

 

“Where the hell have you been Krystal?!” Her voice was low and dripping with fury.

 

“I went to visit Sulli,” I gave her an innocent look. Clearly she didn’t fall for it; in fact it only seemed to irritate her more.

 

“You left before I even woke up and on top of that you didn’t answer any of my calls or texts!” She shrieked in a dolphin like tone. I cringed slightly refusing to me her eyes. 

 

“I lost my phone I her house and by the time I found it my phone was dead.”

 

“Oh and you didn’t think to borrow one of your friend’s phone and let me know that not only were you not coming home but didn’t have your phone?” Jessica had a point, but in my defense talking to her had not been at the top of my list yesterday.

 

“Well I-“

 

“Don’t give me that bull you knew my number before you knew your own,” snapped Jessica. Damn I was really hoping I could get away with feigning ignorance.

 

“Jessica!” I shouted effectively silencing her. “There’s something I have to tell you…”

 

She looked as if she was about to say something else, but I knew if I didn’t say it now it would be a while before I’d tell her. And the idea of not telling her till the day I was leaving was somewhat tempting.

 

“I’m leaving for New York next week,” My voice was quiet and the words came out in a rush. I wasn’t even sure if she had heard me clearly.

 

“How long will you be gone?” I couldn’t even look at her. I had no idea how I could tell her this without hurting her.

 

“I’m not coming back,” I stated, playing with a lose sting on my shirt that had suddenly become very interesting.

 

“What the hell Krystal?” shouted Jessica as she threw her hands up. Her anger was back in a flash. “How could you do this? When did you decide this?”

 

“I’m sorry I just need a change of pace,” I confessed. She was furious with me and I felt incredibly guilty for saying this when she was already upset with me.

 

“Change of pace my ,” she bit out harshly crossing her arms. “This has to do with Heechul proposing to me doesn’t it?”

 

Crap she caught me, no matter how many times she said that it still hurt the same.

 

“Don’t worry I'll fly back for the wedding once you’ve announced it.” My own voice sounded foreign to me as the words left my mouth. Did I really just say that?

 

Jessica’s face fell and I knew I had struck a sour note. It was better this way though, she didn’t need me in her life; sister or not she would do just fine without me. Me on the other hand I don’t know what I’ll do without her. They always said if you truly love something let it go. So that’s what I’m doing I’m letting her go even if it means sacrificing my happiness for hers.

 

She has someone to stay by her side forever now and I need to let go. So that’s exactly what I’m doing I’m letting her go. I shift uneasily at her silence.

 

“I’m sorry,” This was my apology for falling in love with her. My sister, someone so utterly unattainable that it hurt. Someone whom I could never love the way I wanted to, the way I needed to.

 

If only I didn’t love her we could be happy.

 

A/N: I know this story is for jungcest but before I shipped them I was a taeny shipper. I knew that it would be something that wouldn't become real but it was nice to dream. I do plan on putting taeny in this story so if that bothers some of you I understand and I’m sorry. Personally I was a little bummed at first because I don’t really like EXO but if Taeyeon is happy then it’s okay and I’m happy for her. Really we have no right to judge what they do or whom they date.