Ch. 1

What If?

Krystal’s POV

 

 

It didn't take a genius to figure out what Jessica meant when she texted me ‘We need to talk’. I knew this day would come, I just hoped that it wouldn't be so soon. Truthfully I hoped this day would never come. But of course nothing lasts forever and there was no way I could expect Jessica to stay unmarried for the rest of her life.

 

"Yah Soojung ah!" Jessica burst through my door tearing me away from my thoughts.

 

“Haven’t you heard of knocking?” I scowled. Ignoring my question she proceeded to enter my room closing the door behind her.

 

After a few moments she finally spoke up. “I have something to tell you,” Something in her voice and the look on her face almost convinced that she wasn’t going to say-

 

“Heechul proposed tonight!” Never mind... Even though I knew what she was going to say it didn’t hurt any less when she finally said it. Jessica looked at me eagerly waiting to hear my response to her confession.

 

“Congratulations Sooyeon,” I smiled despite the growing pain in my chest.

 

“I didn’t give him an answer yet,” she sighed collapsing next to me. Some part of me was relieved to hear that she hadn’t said yes. Unfortunately I knew that was a temporary thing and she was simply waiting out of respect for her friends and family.

 

“Oh?” I said focusing my attention on anything but her.

 

“I wanted to talk to you first,”

 

“Why? It isn’t like my opinion is important,” She gasped at my words and her expression fell. I felt guilty for saying something so cold to her she didn’t deserve it, but I tend to say things without thinking when I’m hurt.

 

“Soojung of course your opinion is important. I know you aren’t fond of him but I love him and it would be nice if I could get your support.” My fists clench at her words. 

 

“Do what you want its your life,” I tried to be nonchalant but my words came out bitter.  Despite my words she reached up and took my face in her hand. Her eyes searched mine hoping to find a reason for my mood but I got up and turned away before she had the chance. “I don’t need to be apart of every decision you make.”

 

“Soojung ah…” Without even missing a beat Jessica got up and took my hand in her own.  Gently she tugged at my hand till I followed her back to my bed. Lying down next to her brought back memories from a time when she didn’t care about boys.

 

“I know it’s hard to think of me going off and getting married, but don’t worry you’ll always be my little sister,” My heart constricted at her words. Sisters that’s all we’ll ever be.

 

“Unnie I’m tired…” It was partly true but really I just tired of talk about her potential engagement. Knowing she wasn’t going to get anywhere, Jessica pulled me into her warm embrace.

 

“Alright lets go to sleep,” Turning out the light she leaned over and gave me a kiss on the forehead. “I love you Soojung.”

 

“I love you too Sooyeon…” I snuggled closer to her hoping that for the time being I’d be able to put my mind at ease.

 

Unsurprisingly Jessica fell asleep almost as soon as the lights went out. I always thought she looked most beautiful when she was sleeping. As her sister I should be happy but no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t bring myself to support her the way a good sister should. Not that I was a good sister. A good sister would be happy for her; a good sister wouldn’t be jealous; but most of all a good sister wouldn’t be in love with her own sister.

 

“Even if you don’t get married I still wouldn't have a chance would I?” Jessica shifts slightly and for a moment I think she heard what I said. But the light snoring assures me she’s still asleep.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hi this is my first story. I don’t think this is really good since I’m not a very good writer. Feedback would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if it . Also this was written at midnight so it may not eve make sense.