Ch. 10

What If?

I awoke to the sound of running water; Jessica must already be up. I’m a little disappointed that I didn’t wake up with her by my side. It felt lonely and cold. Sure she hadn’t been gone long but the warm spot on the bed where she once lay was quickly growing cold.

 

After fifteen minutes or so she emerged from the bathroom wearing her leopard pajama pants and a loose black t-shirt.

 

“Sooyeon ah,” I pouted holding my arms out to her.

 

“Did you miss me?” she teased ruffling my hair. Ignoring her words I grabbed her wrist and pulled her down next to me.

 

“ I’m so tired I still want to sleep…” I yawned. She smiled gently and kissed my forehead.

 

“You’re so lazy, but it’s okay so am I,” Wrapping my arms around her I pulled her closer.

 

Unfortunately the moment was short lived because maybe five minutes later Jessica’s phone went off. It was probably Tiffany letting them know when and where they were going to be meeting everyone today. And that meant I’d have to leave the warm comfort of the bed sooner than I’d appreciate.

 

Jessica’s POV

 

I groan at the sound of my phone; heaving myself off the bed I grab my phone and head to the other room.

 

It was a text from Tiffany letting me know we’d be meeting at a restaurant in the Upper East Side at 12:30 for lunch and that Taeyeon had a friend who Krystal might be interested in.

 

I had asked Tiffany to help me find someone for Krystal when they went out to eat last night, but now I wasn’t so sure how I felt about it. What if Krystal caught on? What if I got jealous? What if he wasn’t right for her? What if, what if, what if… Too many damn what if’s.

 

Putting my head in my hand I let out a frustrated sigh. I had no idea how this is all going to work. All matter was Krystal’s happiness and that requires convincing her that being with me isn’t as ideal as it seems.

 

“Sooyeon ah, who was it?” called Krystal from the other room.

 

“Oh it was just Tiffany letting us know where to meet her,” I replied. “Oh and you better get ready we’re meeting them at 12:30.

I could hear her let out an exasperated sigh followed by some angry mumbling. I can’t help but think she’s so adorable when she acts like that. But those thoughts quickly disappear when I think about how this month may be the last time we can be like this with each other.  Despite the fact I couldn’t answer him right away the answer I plan to give as of now is yes.

 

About an hour and a half later we’re ready to go. We decided to walk since the restaurant wasn’t too far from where we were staying.

 

At first Krystal seemed reluctant to walk so closely. She’d never had a problem with skin ship before but perhaps now that there were more than sisterly feelings between us she was nervous. But I was persistent and eventually she gave in.

 

When we arrived at the restaurant everyone was already waiting for us. Tiffany got and greeted up both with hugs.

 

“I’m so glad we could all meet up like this,” beamed Tiffany. “I’d like to introduce you guys to Jessica and Krystal.”

 

“Hi I’m Seohyun,”

 

“I’m Yoona,”

 

“Hello, I’m Yuri”

 

“It’s so nice to meet you, I’m Hara.”

 

“They told us so much about you, I’m Hyoyeon”

 

“So you’re the Jung sisters we’ve heard so much about, I’m Sooyoung”

 

“I’m Sunny, it’s great to meet you,”

 

Krystal shifted nervously beside me; she’d never really been good with meeting new people. I gave her hand a reassuring squeeze before opting to introduce the two of us.

 

“Hi it’s really nice to meet you all. I’m Jessica and this is my sister Krystal,”

 

“Hello,” Krystal bowed slightly. I sighed inwardly at how formal and uptight she was being.

 

“And of course you already know Taeyeon,” smiled Tiffany.

 

“Oh and we still have one more person coming,” said Taeyeon. “Oh there they are now.”

I looked toward the door to see who this person was that Tiffany and Taeyeon collectively deemed worthy of Krystal. Truthfully I was having some serious doubts not that I hadn’t already been, but now the reality was much closer.

 

 

 

A/N: Hi, sorry it’s taken so long to update I’ve just be really caught up in work and school. I also feel like this isn’t my best work but that you guys deserved an update. I hope I didn’t let you down. Sorry this chapter is so short. I hope to update again sometime this week. Also for all those who have stayed with this story thank you so much.