Two

Boundaries of Kim Jongin

“Where’s the administration room?” The girl asked, tilting her head in confusion as she saw Jongin froze. Jongin couldn’t do much to girls, in fact, he was really awkward with girls—especially on the first meeting. Especially, things like this, where the girl would bluntly ask him without any proper formality.

“Uh – at the end of the corridor, left.”

“Great,” The girl rolled her eyes and swept her gaze around the school, then her fingers ran through her messy hair. “No school?”

“It finished at two pm.” Jongin replied shortly, it came out sounded like disdainful. However, he never meant that way—it just came out naturally and unexpected. The girl seemed to notice it and walked past Jongin without muttering any words, like, thank you—that was exactly what Jongin wanted.

The girl seemed not bother to know that Jongin somehow pissed off by her treatment. She just walked casually into its school as she tapped her boots. Her boots rang every time she stepped foot on the pavement. Both sides of the shoes had this bells and spikes that made from iron. She looked, punk and funky. She surely was somebody else.

Her hair disheveled in a way that made you think it was fabulous. Maybe, it was just Jongin’s opinion. Her hair came out curly at the end of the strands because she didn’t really bother to brush it every day. She dyed some of her strands pink, and it stood her eyes even more. Her clothes was surely weird from he had seen on every girl; a Shut up and me purple crop tee with a jacket jeans and a black legging for her pants. Based to her face, it seemed that she was the type that would skip school for weird parties of punk world, oh; Jongin didn’t know a single thing about punk.

She is punk, he stated once again after he done studying her. At least, she wore purple.

 

***

 

“You are late.” His dad came out unexpectedly as he just came home. Jongin and his mom caught by traffic jam and stood still for two hours. His dad gave his mom a small peck on her cheek before both of them were engrossed by their own conversation.

His mom still wouldn’t let him take any public transportation with a lame reason: Minors are forbidden to take any public transportation and somebody would kidnap you!

He even can’t argue about it, because every time Jongin tried to argue, his mom will bring out their newest case; whether it was about a kidnap or a hit and run accident. It kept Jongin’s mouth shut for some reason. He can’t even debate with their parents, it is true, lots of people were die because—mostly—public transportation and they would minimize the casualties.

He knew it, and he somewhat still consider it.

Sometimes, his parents would put him in a nine pm curfew, and maybe tomorrow, they would put him in a seven pm curfew. The curfew, however, did not apply on every activity. It applied on school activities only, and those that were important. His parents still didn’t allow him to hang out, except when it had connection with school.

Jongin decided to get into his room. His room was small, but it was enough for Jongin. The room has no special features, it looked perfectly like an usual boys room; blue and gray, messy, robots, manga miniatures, and a bunch of comics lay on the bed carelessly. He haven’t clean his room, and he did not intended to.

Jongin threw his bag pointless and dropped himself onto the bed. He was staring blankly at the ceiling, feeling a bit lost by his own thoughts. His thoughts were so complex until himself couldn’t pinpoint which was right. Everything he did seemed wrong to their parents—again, his parents—and he started to think that he was never right, and it was pointless to keep trying. He felt frustrated, mad, and done.

Every boundaries that they had made, was even more pointless.

Then, his thoughts jump upon the girl’s features. She dressed weirdly, and she behaved weirdly as if she always been dissociative to people so she couldn’t ask and thanked properly. Her dress was the first thing that stuck on Jongin’s thought. He never saw that coming. Every books—most of them—wrote that the transferred students were always beautiful and/or handsome, and this didn’t make any sense to Jongin at all.

Jongin never thought that a girl would wear spiked-boots rather than heels, and a shut up and me shirt; which in Jongin’s opinion, a form of flirting. Jongin started to assume that it was punk people’s did and it was their current style. That would be… awkward to normal people who lacked on senses, including Jongin.

“Jongin, let’s ear dinner” His mom poked her head from his door. She was still wearing her uniform, she was a head team for missing people’s unit. She wore a white minimal shirt with a pencil skirt. It blended well with her. Then, she closed it after making sure that Jongin was okay.

When he had enough of his bed, he rose and changed his uniform into his usual clothes. He wore a jersey whose symbol had faded away, with white short pants.

He came out and reluctantly sat in front of his parents. It was ever so lonely, it always lonely. There were only the three of them in Kim’s family. There was no extra member, just the tree of them. Jongin was the only kid that Kim’s ever has.

“How’s the practice?” His mom started as she put the vegetables into one plate and shoved it into Jongin. He pulled out a fork from its place and started to stab the vegetables randomly. He hated vegetables. Did they not notice that?

“We had a match.”

“Did you win?” His dad asked as he shoved a spoonful soup into his mouth.

“No, the score was tie.”

“No way,” His mom commented and shook her head.

Yes way.” Jongin mumbled in sarcasm and pushed aside the plate. He haven’t ate anything today, but he was so full.

“What’s wrong?” His mom started to act. There she goes. She rose from her seat, walked upon him, only to caress his cheek, and checked his temperature without any reason. “Are you sick?”

Jongin rolled his eyes but didn’t move an inch. His dad was loosening up, really. Jongin loved that, and he started to change ever since he decided to retired as a police officer. On the next birthday of him, he will turn fifty, and before that, he decided to call his job.  His mom continued to work her in order to fulfill its financial, but his mother… was just there.

 


Hello and do enjoy the story!

 

Did you see Krystal's teasers for 'Red Light' like , I'm getting lsbo for her. Sorry, I'm so scary -neverthless, I'm not a lesbian. bye (seriously, Jongin's parents is dislikable -I hate them, really)