Five

Boundaries of Kim Jongin

“What are you running for?” His mom inquired.

As soon as Jongin found his mom, glaring at him, he immediately excused himself and ran towards his mom’s car. His mom currently in a bad mood, he didn’t know why. But, he had assumed that it was because her job. She would not inquire him like a criminal if she was in a good state.

Looked like, it didn’t seem that way.

However, Jongin did not reply. He can’t lie to his parents—he didn’t allow to. The pressure of breaking was killing him, and this added so much pressure. His palms sweated, and he could feel his body burning. This probably the feelings of afraid getting caught—afraid that someone had known something you had done, the worst one.

Now, Jongin had felt it.

It didn’t feel wonderful.

It strangled you, in the most possible ways until the atmosphere started to shrink.

“I just ran.” Jongin eventually answered, carelessly yet aware about his mom’s reaction. As Jongin looked up to see his mom’s face, she did not show anything in particular—she just focused on the road, avoiding any cars and steered the wheel.

The atmosphere got thicker by five seconds, and Jongin started to move his legs in uneasy. He was starting to get panic by her reactions. He didn’t know what make him like this, probably because he was used to live ever so stoic. People lied easily, but for Jongin, this was a different case.

For Jongin, it was a different case. He never lied for big problems like this, he had done it for little things that their parents would not even care to know. Such as: Sleeps, or foods—the point is, it was something that his parents didn’t even bother to know.

This was a completely new case.

Then, as they got into a square; her mom turned left before she decided to talk, “You are lying, Kim Jongin.”

“I’m not!” Jongin nearly raised his voice, he would, if he didn’t remind himself that her statement was clearly right—and how he hated it. Her mom raised an eyebrow as she briefly glanced Jongin then, she fixated her stare onto the silky road. The weather had became worse and it came out raining and—thank god—it was easing right now, and the traffic was surprisingly smooth, which made the couple didn’t have much time to discuss about it.

Jongin wanted it to ended, one way or another. It was suffocating him, and sometimes without his conscious he would draw a sharp breath and did not breath for a couple of minutes. It was nerve wrecking and damned. His heart felt like knotted like a shoelaces and he didn’t know if the veins were still alive despite the suffocating knot.

This is the feeling, Jongin thought. It was never new to Jongin, yet it was new. He did lie a lot, for small things and this feeling only lasted for three or five minutes before he actually found himself didn’t care about it. But, this… well, unlikely.

“You can’t lie, you have no freaking ability to lie.” She said. “You ran for something big.”

Then, everything went blank. He didn’t answer it, because:

  1. It was true
  2. All of his thoughts were completely faded away
  3. The words that he had been compiling into a great lie were gone instantly

Jongin drew a sharp breath before he fiddled with his bag for time-killer. He had nothing to do with school, no homework or anything, yet he pulled out a book and started to scribbling things to make him looked like working on an assignment. His mom would never want to bother him whenever he had any assignments, so that was why he pulled it out.

His mom curtsied him before she sighed, “You are lying—you know that.”

“I am not.”

“Are you still lying to me?”

“Look,” Jongin eventually closed his notebook and shoved it impatiently into its bag, he looked at his mom in the most possible way until he came out looking innocent rather guilty. “Are you disbelieving me?”

“I don’t mean—“ Her mom’s word ended up as a mess. She didn’t know what to say anymore. She was slowly losing words by words as she saw Jongin’s gaze. She was softened and feeling guilty, blaming herself because Jongin was upset that he thought that she disbelieving him. Which clearly not true at all, she did not disbelieving him, she was just trying to corner him up so he could tell the truth.

Now, here she was.

“You absolutely mean it.” Jongin replied without taking a short glance at her.

“I’m sorry,” Her mom confessed, didn’t even bare her feelings. “I’m not disbelieving you.”

“You better do,” Jongin said before they went into an uncomfortable silence. The road to the home was still soft as cotton, the weather was not very nice; it was dark and raining. The asphalt came slippery and deadly shining despite the rain has soaked it.

The radio Jongin has played gloomy songs in repeat, and actually, Jongin quite uncomfortable about it. He had never liked a soft, and sad songs or any songs. He preferred poems over music, he always did. He has lots of songs’ cassette that his dad gave when he was a little, and most of its cassette was already broken despite of its ages. It didn’t matter anyway, he was too bored to jump into music—he was never had any future in music. He may loved poems and other things that had any connection with writings, and he might be a writer, but somewhere felt that it wasn’t right. Even that he had wrote many poems and stories on his laptop; he couldn’t even decipher his feelings toward these two things.

Then, his thoughts stop wandering when the radio didn’t play any songs, it was completely silence. Until he realized that his mom turned it off. He completely taken aback by it, she always loved music, especially the desperate ones, like those. He glanced over his mom, who was smiling warmly towards him.

“I know you don’t like songs—especially the sad ones.” She knew him too well, all too well. Well, she bought him on six months and never separated since he was born. Jongin couldn’t resist but to grin widely.

This, Jongin could not resist his fake act but feeling more guilty than his mom was. He knew, it was a very bad thing to do. But he couldn’t do anything but lie, if he didn’t lie, he would not have any friends left. She would definitely blackmail them again, and it will not happen again. Once was enough. He was feeling guilty as hell, his heart’s knot was getting tighter every time he looked at his mom’s face. But, this was where it all stop—his mom stopped feeling guilty, Jongin stopped his act, and their heart slowly released itself from the tight knot. They forgave each other; naturally, even one side didn’t have to state that they were sorry too. It was not necessary. It happened so naturally, until it felt nothing but a passed rain. Of all the sudden, they already made up, decided to throw away the uncomfortable situation.

The family bound was too natural for everything; they forgave naturally, fight naturally, make up naturally, and love eternally and naturally.

 


 

 

I'm having my holiday again, oh hail jezuz, however, it only apply for one or two weeks -I don't know, I'm too lazy to count it down. And, I hope you all like it c:

Sorry for the grammatical errors, I'm too tired to check the words -but I think I will reread it again so I could know where are the errors. And I need some new books to fill up my holidays. I just brought two books; the one and four: A divergent series. The hardcover one OHMYGOD IT IS ING BEAUTIFUL IM CRYING A RIVER. I'm in mood to write romantic stories, such as like this! And especially, the new ones that I might or might not post it here. But, I guess I won't because it looks like that it will going to be .

SARANGHAE BBUING<3
(I JUST REWATCHED EXO'S WEEKLY IDOL THE SECOND ONE W/ MY MOM, AND MY MOM LAUGHED LIKE A RETARTED IDK)