Three

Boundaries of Kim Jongin

This morning, Jongin decided to sleep before the school started. He was so tired after such a long night with his parents. His parents decided to fiddled around the house to find a way to make Jongin eat, that was the worst thing in his life. Especially, the last night dinner, that was quite a nightmare for Jongin. He preferred to eat alone, or eat at 24 hours market. That would be a lot better.

Jongin was nearly asleep until Sehun suddenly slammed his desk several times, in which made Jongin completely disturbed. Jongin looked at Sehun in irritated; first, his parents, now Sehun as well? What Jongin wanted was only a sleep, but nobody seemed to notice it.

“Jesus, Sehun.” Jongin cursed in a low tone before he stared at Sehun in frustrated.

“Jongin, we’re having a new girl.” He eventually spoke.

This is crap, Jongin didn’t want to gossip or whatever the other students did, he despised gossip—and all things that contained talks about people. That was just not him, and Sehun happened to be the opposite of him. He was all in about mocking people behind and teasing people, just as Chanyeol.

“Are you serious, Sehun?” Jongin made a face before he shoved out his ultimate things—a phone and a headset—and adjusted its headset on his ears, leaning onto the wall as he looked at Sehun in disinterested.

Sehun looked annoyed and passed the information to Kris, which they ended up talking about it the whole time. They still couldn’t get over it, and Jongin couldn’t help but hearing some of her features as well; they said, she had this mismatched clothes, and had this Avril Lavigne’s hair—in which, Jongin’s thoughts immediately wander to the girl.

Was it the girl he saw yesterday?

He didn’t know, but as far as he heard, nobody ever saw her face except her hair. She was like a duplicate of Avril Lavigne; nobody saw her coming, and when she did, all they seen was her back and her dyed hair. From  what everyone saw was a nice body figure with a strange hair. That was all of it. And it made Jongin wonder more.

“Jesus, Jongin.” Sehun called for the nth time, and now, Jongin had finally came back from his senses and he put down his headset before he fixed his stare with Kris and Sehun. He adjusted his position and threw a perplexed look at both of them.

“Sehun has called you so many times.” Kris shook his head in disbelief.

“Sorry,” Jongin said and shrugged his shoulder slowly.

“I’m getting pissed off, Kim Jongin.” Sehun scoffed. He looked pissed and done with Jongin, and Jongin acknowledge why; Jongin had been ignoring and pushed Sehun, and he should stop for being a complete jerk.

“I know,” Jongin said, a bit pleading. “That’s why I’m sorry.”

“Sorry is not an easy thing, Jongin.” Sehun answered in sarcasm as he rolled his eyes. Both were rarely got into any fight, but when they had one, it sometimes contained some punches—but if they were lucky enough, they will get over it quickly.

“I never say sorry is an easy thing.” Jongin shot back.

“You don’t say it,” Sehun said. “But you do it, duh.”

“Are you two going to argue about the definition of sorry?” Kris interjected. He tapped his chin as an afterthought before he hit both of their heads in sync. Kris was always the one who made them up, and truthfully, he was getting sick of it.

“Jesus Christ,” Kris cursed as he still found the couple stared in frustrated. “You know what; let’s just play basketball after school.” He grinned now.

Sehun grinned and looked at Jongin in bore, but Jongin could see glimpses of excitement beneath his brown eyes. Jongin eventually nodded, and then he waved his hands dismissively, only to immersed himself on the music.

Jongin could see Sehun and Kris talked from the corner of his eyes, probably talking about the basketball match. Somehow, he was dreading for the basketball match, and he had this feeling that it will be different from another match.

 

***

 

The last bell rang, and the trio immediately ran towards the basketball frantically, even teachers looked at them oddly. They were just too excited for the match, especially Jongin. Sehun literally pushing everyone aside, making their own way, and both—Kris and Jongin—followed him by running.

Jongin didn’t even bother to call his mom. Truthfully, his mom wouldn’t mind waiting for so long, after all, she could use the free time to sleep. His mom usually picked him up at four and the school ended up at three, or if she was busy, his dad would change her and him usually arrived later than daily basis.

Once they got at the basketball court—there were two basketball court; indoor, for championships purpose and outdoor, for student’s freewill. They threw their bags by the edge of its court before continue to ran to the arena. Kris took his ball from his bag—he kept it on his bag sometimes, and he borrowed it right now—before he caught up to the arena.

They only had three people; so they played rock, paper, and scissors and had decided that Jongin had teamed up with Sehun through the game, while Kris teamed up alone. He was pretty good at basketball, and himself didn’t mind about it.

The play went competitively for twenty minutes. Sehun busily caught the ball that Jongin passed, and Kris blocked Sehun as he dribbling through the ring. Then, Sehun threw high the ball and Jongin caught it swiftly as he tried to free himself from Kris’s block. It was hard for both of them to free themselves from Kris; His height had become an advantage in any sport.

After a rough play, the score has became 2:1 and if Kris had score another one, the opposite will lose and pay his lunch for one month. Which for Jongin, it was the same as torture. Sehun also was not down with it, his mom barely gave him any money for his daily and he ended up making his own sandwich before he went to school.

It was not like his family’s financial is really bad—no, he was rather rich. His dad owned a big company, while his mom suffered a so she acted like a baby and she forgot things in a short time. It was hard for Sehun, and that was why he rarely got home early.

Jongin caught the ball from Sehun and dribbled through the court, until they went at the middle of the court; Kris had caught Jongin and blocked his way into his ring. He was dribbling and pivoting, only to make himself completely blocked by Kris. It was annoying, though, for Jongin—who was shorter than he was. Basically, everyone is shorter than he is.

Jongin had no choice but threw the ball onto across the court through a high pass. It came out that Sehun couldn’t even catch the ball—heck, he is far from reaching it—and he blamed it all to Jongin, which both decided to end it with an argument on who is going to get the ball back. The ball had crashed into the indoor basketball court (It located just across the outdoor one.) and the ball naughtily had also crashed the window, of course, all of them were in a deep .

“Jesus,” Kris studied the broken window before shifted his eyes onto Jongin in distress. “You broke a freaking glass.”

“I know, Kris. I’m not blind.” Jongin replied with sarcasm. It was not only Jongin’s fault—at least Jongin think so—however, it was Kris and Sehun’s fault as well; Kris, because he was too tall and blocked every way, while Sehun, because he was too short to reach them. However, Jongin suddenly felt really dizzy and suffocated by its own atmosphere. What if he was kicked out from school? What if... he was caught? What ifs scenarios started to compiling on his head, making his head had this urgent feeling to burst. Sehun saw Jongin panicked, he saw it from his eyes; it gleamed with a desperation, calm, and panic. He knew that Jongin panicked because this damn mess.

“Look,” Sehun eventually said. “Jongin you go fetch that ball.” Sehun wanted to pity him, but it would also give him a higher rate to be detention. And he was already there for god-knows-how many times, and he absolutely didn't want to be in that damned room for hours.

“Stop trying to make fetch happens—“

“THIS IS NOT MEAN GIRLS.” Sehun and Jongin synced in annoyed.

“Go get it.” Sehun stated.

“Is it always have to be me?”

“Yes, dearest Jongin,” Sehun smiled with sarcasm. “YOU ARE THE ONE WHO BROKE IT” Sehun raised his voice, still with a sarcasm.

“It is your fault as well.” Jongin pointed at the rest. Sehun and Kris stared each other in disbelief before they averted their gaze back onto Jongin, and he replied it with a what-the look.

“You are the one who broke the glass.” Kris said in a oblivious tone, and not to mention, he added a silent duh in the end. Jongin noticed it but kept it himself.

“Yes, yes,” Jongin raised his voice, and he was firing up. “I broke the glass, then? It is not—“

“GO GET IT.” The rest said in sync as they pointed straightly at the indoor court. It was not a problem for picking the ball up, but he felt victimized and it felt like he was the one whose only wrong there. It felt pretty sickening, getting treated like that at school and home. He had enough, and he was not supposed to sneak out—everyone is.

Jongin immediately ran into his destination in a firm pace. After he got there, he cleaned the broken glasses and put down some glasses before he jumped onto the window, only to sneak out to the court. The basketball indoor court always locked, and opened on special days (most of them when their school had matches.). Therefore, the basketball court was usually empty and it kind of relieving, thinking that nobody had seen what he did.

After he landed onto the opposite side, he brushed his knee from dusts and strolled around the court to find the ball. It was the first time he sneaked in, and it didn’t feel so great—the pain slowly reached out to his stomach, making him want to puke. He busily crouching and bent his back to find the ball under the audience benches. He decided to get under the chairs and searched there. Ball was unpredictable, it could roll to everywhere and that was why Jongin searched it in the least possible places. As he strolled under the chairs, he found a glimpse of rounded ball. He ran straight to the ball and caught it with a firm hold.

The feeling was slowly killing him; relief, happy, and proud. This was the second time he had felt this, the first one was when he won the first place on a Math’s competition. He was quite a math person, he loved it and he had joined many math competitions, and mostly, he got the first place.

He instantly stood up and hissed in pain when he hit something odd. He bent down again and turned his body around, only to see a random above his head. Then, he saw a glimpse of head beside the . He couldn’t pinpoint whose face was it, because the chairs prevent him from seeing the latter’s whole face. However when, a pink strands of hair fell down beside its face, he gulped down his pride.

He just shoved his head onto the punk girl’s .

 


 

 

So, I think this is the last daily updates. Holiday will be over within one week, therefore I must catch up on every subjects because I literally failed at everything and I had promised myself. Don't worry, I'm still updating -but not this often. It depends, actually. Eventually, I thanked everyone for reading this and I ought to see the comments below! (ask everything or complain at anything, I will sincerely reply to yours huzzah!)

 

So, excuse me because I'm going to read books that I've got for my birthday presents lol