Four

Boundaries of Kim Jongin

“What are you doing?” She eventually spoke after they had a long staring match. However, Jongin couldn’t decipher his mind—the only thing he think was, oh my god, I just shoved my head onto a . He never done that before, heck, does anybody have?

That was why Jongin didn’t reply her question. The punk girl looked at him in perplexed yet displeased, he understand her, hating on the guy who just shoved his head to her was totally make sense. Jongin gulped down his saliva before he ran out from its place. As he held the ball tightly, he went to the girl’s seat and confronted her. He should make this straight.

“Look,” Jongin started. “It was an accident.”

“You just shoved your head against my , dude.” She replied in a high dose of sarcasm. Of course, she was surprise. A head just shoved against her when she was having her own good time; listening to music, doing her hobbies, then boom! A head shoved onto her . That was utterly not cool, and weird.

“I know, it was an accident, I didn’t know you are here all along.” Jongin stated.

“Am I not big enough for you to see?”

“I’m just in hurry.” He said. “I’m sorry.”

“And you break the window as well?” She asked again, pointing at the broken window.

“It was really an accident,” Jongin replied. “All of them were accidents.”

The punk girl looked at Jongin in curiosity, she didn’t trust people so easily—that was the first thing Jongin learnt from her. She squint her eyes before she put down her macbook from her lap and stood in front of him. His body tensed against her weird aura, she had this aura; dark, purple, and warning.

“I’m letting you for this time, dude.” She said. Some pink strands of her hair fell onto the side of her face as she bent her body toward him. Jongin instantly descended to another step despite the short range they had. He never had this short range between any girls—except his mom, and this was plain shocking.

Jongin could notice how punkish she was: the pink hairs, and the way she talked sum it up that she was different from the other girls. This time, she didn’t wear the spiked boots, she wore converse. She was less punk than Jongin had seen yesterday. The only thing that made her punk—based on her appearance—was the pink strays. She seemed normally punk today.

Then, Jongin saw moved efficiently and that was when he know, he didn’t listen to her talk, he was too engrossed by her appearance.

“I’m sorry?” Jongin asked after he regained his conscious.

“I’m saying,” She seemed annoyed, of course, she would. “You need to make it up for me.”

“Sure, sure, I’ll make it up for you.” Jongin replied dismissively, still stunned by the fact that he had just found something odd and rare. Girls usually wore high heels or anything that made them higher than they were, and they dressed up ever so nicely until people compared them with the angels. This girl, was completely throwing that rules away: she wore converse, two earrings on each ears, and half of her shirt tucked into its skirt -while the rest was not. 

The girl seemed bothered when she noticed Jongin judging her appearance intensively. She tilted her head in annoyed before she walked back to sit. She put her macbook on her lap and fiddled with her macbook, clicking and typing randomly.

“You know, it is such a cruel thing to judge the cover books.” She started as she continued to fiddling with her macbook, did not avert her gaze from the macbook.

“Well, I’m sorry,” Jongin replied. “But I don’t look at the cover books, I look at the plotlines at the back of the book.”

“That’s a very nice of you, judging by the plotlines,” She gave him a sarcastic look and put aside her macbook. “Especially, to the ones that don't have any senses at all.”

“I guess you are partly right.” Jongin awkwardly replied. He was not used to talk with strangers, and she was still considered as a stranger. At  least, a part of her was familiar and the rest was oddly not.

“Which part?”

“The no—“

Jesus,” She cursed, tilting her head above before she shot Jongin a fixated gaze; annoyance, and boringness were reflected on its eyes. “Do I ask you to reply? Why don’t you get out? Leave? Or something?” She left the something word in a low tone before she continued with her macbook and adjusted her headphones on her ears.

However, Jongin didn’t leave, he was dazed about everything; the breaking, , their conversation, and her sudden change of attitude. At one minute, she could be quite deceiving, then a funny girl that everyone loved, but the next minute, she would become more rebellious, and whatnot. It felt like, her punky personality was slowly reaching out. Or, she had this anger management issue, like Charlie at The Perks of Being a Wallflower. To be really honest, Jongin didn’t know how punks do, but this counted as one thing. He stood there for some quite time, holding the ball ever so tight and after that, he walked back to the broken window to jump. But he stopped climbing when a voice told him to wait.

He turned his head, only to see the girl pointing at the main door.

“It is unlocked.”

“Oh,” Was the only word he managed to say. He was too flustered, and of course, it made him less cool and dumb. After a couple seconds, Jongin jumped down into its court and walked slowly towards the door. He peeked into the school’s hallway, there was no one—and the possibility to not got caught was even wider.

However, as he decided to take one-step into the hallway, two prefects came half-running towards the court. They came there, running after they heard a loud sound from the court. Jongin fell into a panic and closed the door in a loud bang. He knew he was stupid. It might lure the prefects. He threw the ball outside from the window and climbed frantically. He looked back and found the girl stood up in perplexed, however, he dismissed it and immediately jumped out from the court.

He landed on damp dirt, maybe it just got watered by the staffs. He didn’t know, and honestly, he was too frantic to think about it. He was this close to get caught, and he felt incredibly terrible about it. He never panicked this frantic for his whole life. He was breaking for the first time, abandoned his one rule from boundaries, and he felt this massive feelings of guilt all around his body.

“What’s wrong?” Kris mouthed as soon Jongin arrived. Jongin shoved Kris’ ball and pointed at the basketball court.

“The prefects—” Jongin didn’t have to finish his sentence. Kris and Sehun immediately ran and snatched their own bags after they heard two words from Jongin. Jongin followed them and they both ran swiftly to the main gate.

After they got out from the school, they leaned towards the big gate behind them to catch their breath. Kris and Sehun eventually laughed in relief after feeling grand and goofy about everything. Kris and Sehun were always running away from their problems, then, laughed about it the next minute as if it was no big deal at all.

Nevertheless, their reactions were completely the opposite with Jongin. Jongin was pale and completely lost about everything. Kris and Sehun’s laugh was blurred. He stopped his gaze on across the road; a BMW car parked right across his sight, window rolled down, and a woman looked upon his eyes directly—glaring.

His mom knew, or that was what Jongin had thought.

 


 

I'm sorry if this is not as you expected -or if you was expecting more for this chapter. However, leave comment on the section below! Thank you for reading, I always appreciated it!

sorry for the grammatical errors