Nine

Boundaries of Kim Jongin

Jongin sat there in silence; he didn’t know what to say or what to do. Someone never did demand him something that he wanted to be free from something. Finally, somebody said the right one. His mom never did say something that he wanted to do, and his friends never did as well. So, it still did confusing for Jongin. He didn’t say anything, but she already knew what he was going to imply.

“What—“

“I said, stop being so afraid with your friends,” She answered. “They are just a bunch of douche bags with lots of confidence.”

Then, Jongin laughed. He couldn’t agree more. “Okay,” He eventually said. “H-how did you know that—“

“You are going to ask my help?” She croaked a small laugh.

“Well, not anymore.”

“Let’s just say,” She said, squint her small and dark eyes. “I have lots of thing that you don’t know.”

“Okay…”

“Okay,” She stood up and walked towards Jongin, which Jongin instantly stepped back and almost stepped on the chair. He didn’t used to it, yet. And the only woman he had ever known was her mom and his cousins, that was all. He was too timid to speak to other girls, and have relationship with them. His parents didn’t allow him to have any relationship before he got into college, anyway, so they would definitely did not pleased with their son having any kind of relationship with a girl. Then, Hayoung looked at Jongin before she reached out her hands, “Your phone, moron.”

Jongin immediately shoved his phone out and put it on her hands. Which she gladly took it and fiddled with it, Jongin didn’t know how to react; does he supposed to get angry or? Absolutely, if anyone saw a stranger fiddling with his privacy, they would be mad at them. He needed to stop acting like a confused person, and started to get mad at her. I should get mad, Jongin repeated that many times on his head but he couldn’t bring himself to get mad at her.

When he collected himself and tried to be mad at her, she already gave the phone back to Jongin. He instantly checked all of his folders, and tried to secure all of them; even it was too late. He looked Hayoung in the eyes, flashing something in fear. He feared that maybe, just maybe, Hayoung was not like he seemed at all; probably bad guy, scammer, stealers? He didn’t know, but he was aware of it.

“Calm down, dip,” She sighed as she saw Jongin’s eyes, immediately walking towards him and picked up his phone again. But this time, she let Jongin saw what she did; after all, she did nothing wrong. Then, she remembered that his life was full of awareness, so she decided to let him see what she did again. She pressed and dialed number 1 and it showed a new phone contact.

“Who is whale?”

“Me,” She shoved the phone back to him and hung on the edge of the door. “You are not the type who would text me back despite you need my help, despite all your ing jerk- friends, so I made it so you seemed like you are talking with a whale—let’s just say,”—She squint her eyes—“That’s our secret code.”

“But you changed my speed dial number from my mom to yours!”

“Whatever,” She waved her hands dismissively, and poked her head from the door. “And you will need me more than your mom, though.” She winked and left the court.

After she left, Jongin was left by the stunnedness. He never seen anyone so unpredictable like her, and he had presumed that not much of people have that kind of personality as well; or most of them had, but Jongin never had dig any deeper. Not because he didn’t want to, but he afraid that he might hurt them because he already crossed the line—and he was, over and over again, trying to not cross the line in any reason.

 

***

 

Several minutes after Hayoung left him, he went back to his class, only to find Sehun and Kris glanced at him weirdly. Jongin stared back at them, trying to brave but not brave enough to shot them back any glares. So, he lowered his head and sank on his seat with a filled mind. Sehun and Kris looked at each other, their eyes were filled with confusion, curiosity, and a hint of annoyed. However, Jongin tried his best to ignore both of them until the teacher came.

It was science
and it was boring as hell.

He didn’t know why most of people love science more than math. Most of students got their best score on science rather than math, while he was completely the opposite. He was a mathematics person, and to learn science gave him so much stress to deal with every mechanic names that roman people gave. The teacher was not so far from boring, which made another fine reason to hate science on his dictionary. The lecture was so boring and un-educational.

His eyelids were about to close, only to open it in the next second when he felt his phone vibrated. He took his phone out and looked around, to make sure that no one was watching him; even Sehun and Kris were sleeping. He hid his phone under his table, and opened the new message. The rush started to happen; the suffocation and the adrenaline were rushing through his veins and ready to burst. He was aware of anything, afraid that he might get caught by the teacher and has to deal with the punishment.

From: The Whale

Hey, moron.

Ms. Jung is so boring and I felt like my head is going to burst by her y pronunciation—Sorry, that doesn’t work for me, unluckily—and I ought to see you bored too.(and I hope your head is going to burst too, to keep me entertain.)

He couldn’t help himself but croaked a small grin. Her message was so true. He also didn’t like her y pronunciation, it felt like she made that up just to caught the students’ attention; attention seeker. Ms. Jung caught Kris’ attention, the most. Kris loved her, to the point that he wanted to her right away—and Jongin was so disgusted. He looked around before he typed his answers.

To: The Whale

I don’t like Ms. Jung either. And I am bored, lucky you, you win. And I’m sorry, my head is not going to burst—but my eyelids are about to. Thank you for asking me. I hope I make you entertained.

Then, after feeling enough of entertainment, he shoved back his phone into his pocket and looked around. He caught Sehun’s gaze; it was filled with curiosity. He always felt curious about everything—everything, as in, every privacy and when he had found it out, he would leak it out of bored. That was just plain annoying, and Jongin started to shove the rest of his privacy from everybody, just for a safe step.

“Have you ever replied any messages on class?” He raised his eyebrow and eyed at Jongin’s pocket.

“No,” Jongin replied casually. “I haven’t.”

 


 

Guys, hello!

I'm sorry that I haven't update for weeks. There were lots of things happened in my life and yesterday I just went to TLP. What the actual ... it doesn't feel really real -i mean like, I stunned for the whole concert. I yelled loudly when they went to the other section because I practically shut off when they came across me. Like for real? Sehun looks like Ken from barbie, Kai have this boyfriend material feelings (the members have it all actually, but he is the one who stand out). I have a good time and forgive me if I have any mistakes on grammar and anything.

 

ENJOY!