One

Boundaries of Kim Jongin

After that incident, Jongin made a couple of new friends, graduated together, and studied together. Jongin was a 12th grader now, and his life went sickening under those boundaries. He was this close to jump over the building every time his parents forbid him another thing.

He was eighteen, for god sake.

He will not die,

He will not hit by a bus,

He will not kidnapped,

He will not stab himself with a knife,

He will not missing,

He will not burn himself, and other things that were too many to list.

Talking about Chanyeol, he actually hid his secrets and didn’t every time he had to turned down the offers he got. Baekhyun moved to other town after they graduated Junior school. Chanyeol had been a complete loner after that, Jongin sometime had a thought to hang out, but the rules did not allow him to do so—except for school activities.

“Jesus, Jongin,” Sehun muttered under his breath and shook Jongin twice.

“What?”

“I ask you if you want to practice soccer after school.” Sehun rolled his eyes.

“Sure.”

“Great, I’ll call Luhan to team up.” Sehun shoved out his hand phone and slide its screen before glued it on his ears. He talked a few sentences that Jongin didn’t bother to know. He put his hand phone on his desk and leaned over Jongin. Their desks were across each other, so it was easier to talk.

“Luhan’s up,” He informed. “Someone said Mrs. Jung doesn’t come today.”

“Why doesn’t Mr. Yang? We all know, we—students—hate Mr. Yang.” Jongin spoke.

“Yeah, I know right,” Sehun said, sighed. “Math teachers are worst.”

“It is shame if Mrs. Jung doesn’t come, somebody’s missing her.” Jongin beckoned at his backseat. Kris—who immersed by his headphone—stared at them perplexed. He had a blonde hair that he dyed last summer and stood up until now. He was taller than Jongin or Chanyeol—who was perhaps the tallest boy he’d ever met—probably because he born in Canada, which was didn’t make any sense.

Kris loved English, and Mrs. Jung was their English teacher. In which, Kris had fell for her. He didn’t exactly know when, but he did fell for her. Even the student-teacher relationship was forbidden, still, he managed to attract her with his charm.

He did have a very strong charm, but when you knew him better, there was no such thing as charming for him. He was nothing but a dumb—seriously, he was the worst.

“What?” He finally spoke as he put down his headphone.

“Mrs. Jung didn’t come.” Sehun gave him a fake apologetic face. Jongin laughed at his face and dreading Kris’s answer. His answer usually careless, cold, and fail—which meant, dumb. Sometimes, he answered things that were not relatable to its question. Jongin started to wonder how he got into the 12th grade.

“Seriously?” Kris asked and pulled his hand phone out, only to type for a minute. “I’ll ask her why.”

“Seriously, Kris,” Sehun clicked his tongue in disbelief. “You even ask for her number?”

“Kris has that ability.” Jongin interjected and hit Sehun teasingly.

“Yeah, I wonder how you get that,” Sehun said, shook his head several times. “You are dumb.”

Kris eyes widened and slapped Sehun hard in the shoulder; he winced in pain and hit him back. It happened for a mere time before the counseling teacher came in because the class was too noisy. He had this pageboy haircut; even his age was slightly older than Jongin’s mom was. He was not that good-looking, but he seemed charming for a mere second. He held a stick and hit it against the chalkboard, making all the students startled and quiet.

“Who the hell dare to talk?” His eyes scanned all over the classroom.

“If you dare to talk, I swear you are going to receive the worst punishment.” He said before he walked out from the class.

“Oh, cry me a river.” Sehun mocked and rolled his eyes as soon as Mr. Kim wasn’t around anymore.

“He would probably ask us to buy food.” Jongin stated with a sarcasm.

“You know, Mr. Kim, is as bad as Mr. Yang.” Kris said again.

“Don’t joke.” Sehun and Jongin synchronized.

“I am not; Mr. Kim does really harsh on creating punishment,” He leaned in and started to lower his voice. “One time, Mr. Kim caught Jinyoung messing with a student’s locker and he made him to write a letter for every locker he walked through and gave them chocolate—an expensive one.”

“That was embarassing as hell.” Sehun said.

“That was stupid as hell.” Jongin corrected and put his concentration on Kris.

***

After school ended, Jongin immediately called his mom to inform that he should practice for a competition (he got into the school's soccer team, along with Sehun and Luhan)—even though their school had been lost on the final. His mom disagreed and debated against Jongin. Jongin was so pissed off, and he wanted to just throw his phone away and ran until he wanted to stop.

“Mom, please, I need to practice.”

“Jongin! What if you are ki—“

“I’m not going to be kidnapped, never.”

“There is a lot of ca—“

“Jesus, Mom, will you consider it this time?” Jongin was this close to cried and ran away.

“Fine,” His mom sighed on the other line. “Your curfew is at seven—“

“Nine.” Jongin cut in with a firm tone.

“Seven.”

“Nine.”

“Seven”

“Nine.”

“I’ll pick you up at six thirty.” Jongin found a finality on her voice and stay quiet until she closed the line for good.

Jongin shoved his phone annoyingly into his pocket before he took a walk to the soccer field that located behind the school building, it wasn’t particularly big but it was big enough for ten people. The soccer team usually hung out at the soccer field, believed it or not, the girls loved it.

As Jongin arrived, he put his backpack at the edge of the field and took out his soccer shoes—he had always put it in his locker every day, just in case—to wear them. However, he didn’t bring any clothes because the offer came in such a hurry. Sehun was there, wearing a guess shirt with a sport pants. He had prepared well. At least, Jongin bought the shoes.

“Hey, Jongin!” Sehun called and waved his hands. Jongin replied it with a single nod and ran to take its place after he had done knotted his shoes. Jongin took place beside Sehun, because he didn’t want to group with any of them; the Seungdo’s soccer team. Sehun didn’t tell Jongin that they were having a match, he thought that it was only an usual practice.

“You didn’t tell me,” Jongin urged. “We are having a freaking match.”

“It wouldn’t be any fun, then.” Sehun answered with a smirk.

Jongin muttered a curse and got into position. He was a striker, which meant he should concentrate more on their opponents and their shield.

“Go!” The referee yelled and the match began strongly. Seungdo High School kicked the ball first and flew to Luhan and the team ran, yelling to pass it to them. Which, Luhan clearly not, he was not the type that he would help anybody in the midst of chaos. He kept running and stopped as he had been block in every way, sweeping his gaze around the soccer field. He stared back at Jongin and passed it swiftly to him. Jongin took the ball and ran across the field to closure its range before he passed it to other teammates.

The play went roughly for thirty minutes and it ended with 5:5 because the sun had set and Seungdo decided to call it. Jongin walked back alone because Sehun already had an appointment with Luhan. They usually walked home together, but since Sehun already had an appointment, he decided to walk alone. Even he never did this, it surely didn’t cause any harm.

He was tired, stressed, and done with today. He was, physically and mentally, tired. The thoughts of his parents slowly started to chafe him, and it felt like . It was still seven pm, and yet he decided to did not bother to fill his curfew. He was too tired of all of it.

He wanted to go home, period.

By the time he got at the main gate and found a messy black haired girl with mismatched clothes, she stared at Jongin for a long time. She was only looking on his eyes, trying to pinpoint things beneath his eyes. She had black irises, her lips were so little, and her body was too petite for a girl. She seemed so busy for dealing with her messy hair; seriously, her hair came out curly and some of her hairs strands colored in pink. Jongin immediately assumed that she was a punk.

When she walked upon him, and he already knew that he would make his mom wait.

 


 

 

I'm anticipating your opinions through comments. I hope you enjoy this chapter! And yes. I don't know what to say, so thank you all for reading otl. I'm sorry if there is any grammatical errors (and I'm still learning English), well, I'm too lazy to reread it orzzz. Sorry guys.