This is a conspiracy!

Sweet Vengeance.

Previous Chapter

Threatened with a letter that was left mysteriously in her locker, Ha Kyung gets more anxious and scared that something bad is coming on its way. Not wanting to be an annoying girlfriend, she decides not to tell Kwanghee about the message, and tells him not to wait for her to finish basketball training. 

Is this a good decision? Stay tuned to find out!

BTW Guys, I decided to actually have POV's cause it'll probably be heaps easier to understand and read. And I think it'll make it easier for me as the author to write (:

Ha Kyung's POV

I was tired and hungry from basketball training and couldn't wait to get home to take a long, refreshing  bath. I was too lazy to change back into my casual clothes, so I decided to just go home in my basketball uniform. 

I swore to myself as I walked out of the gymnasium. The sky is darker than usual for a warm summer night, and dark, ominous clouds lingered around the sun, threatening to start raining any minute. I hadn't thought of bringing an umbrella with me, and I didn't even have my bike to ride home because I had started taking rides with Kwanghee to and from school. 

'Hopefully someone will let me hitch a ride with them,' I thought.

I saw one of my  friends from basketball practice, Lee Ann and quickly rushed over to her. Lee Ann was a cheerful person, and always brought the teams moods back up when things didn't go our way.

'Hey Captain! Great practice today, Aren't you going home? Weird weather for Summer hey?' Lee Ann said, when she noticed me approaching her. 

'How many times have I told you Lee Ann, call me by my name!' I nudged her playfully in the arm, 'And, well you see, I didn't bring an umbrella, nor my bike. So I was wondering...' I started mumbling under my breathe. 

'That you could hitch a ride with me?' Lee Ann finished my sentence for me, winking. 
 
It was embarrassing not having a car. I was the only one in the group that didn't have a car, or at least a motorcycle. Our single parenting family had been too poor to be able to afford a car for me on my Sweet Sixteenth. I was usually fine with my bike, but on days like these it would've been nice to have some shelter and a way to get home. 
 
On our way home, Lee Ann got a call from her mother telling her to pick up her brother from swimming practice. Her mother was busy, and it was getting dark, so she didn't want him to get scared. Since the swimming pools were in the other direction to my house, Lee Ann had to drop me off earlier if she wanted to make it back on time. 
 
'You go and pick up your brother. I'll be fine. The clouds are gone, so it probably won't rain.' Even though I said those words, I was scared, and the thought of walking alone in the dark reminded me of the threatening letter in my locker. But I knew that I couldn't make Lee Ann take me all the way when she was needed elsewhere. 
 
'Are you sure? I could just tell my brother to wait a little. Besides, he'll be safe in the swimming centre,' my friend replied. She had been one of the few to have noticed my weird behaviour today. I could tell she was worried by looking at the frown that was on her face. 
 
'As your basketball captain, I command you to go and pick up your brother,' I ordered, putting a serious face on, as I stepped out of the car. 'See you tomorrow!' I called, waving her away. 
 
She hesitated before doing a U-turn and then stuck her hand out of the window to wave a goodbye to me before driving off.
 
I stared at the gloomy street ahead of me. Now it was time for me to go home. 
 
---------------------------------------------------------
 
Kevin's POV
 
We had been given a picture of a girl atten ding Seoul High who went by the name of Kim Ha Kyung with shoulder length brown, silky hair, and bright brown eyes by a mysterious figure in a hoodie that covered their face. The person stashed some money into my hand and a piece of paper with the address of a certain building of apartments and told me to await her arrival. I knew what I had to do. People only ever came to me when they wanted someone gone. My friend, Hyungshik and I were known as Children of  Empire, people who you came to to do your dirty doings. 
 
We had been waiting all afternoon, waiting for her to come. Even though it looked like it was about to rain, we had a job to do, and rain would've just been to our advantage. 
 
Around 8pm I noticed her from afar, walking quickly as if she was trying to get away from someone. She was even prettier in real life, but this was not time for me to fantasize, I had orders to follow! 
 
She saw me looking at her, and immediately she turned around and started walking away. 'Smart Girl,' I thought as I nudged HyungShik and nodded towards her direction. As quick as a flash, he woke up from his drowsiness and started calling out her name. 
 
'Ha Kyung ah! Why don't you come over to play?' he called out. 
 
The mission has started. 
 
Ha Kyung's POV
 
I saw two guys standing outside my apartment building looking bored as if they were waiting for someone. One guy was bent over, with a tired look on his face, and the other guy was staring right at me. The two of them looked pretty decent, but I knew that it couldn't be a coincidence that they were standing outside the building waiting for someone. Who could they be waiting for? I was the only their age that I knew about that lived in the building! And I would never believe that they were waiting for their grandma.
 
So I did what I thought was best, and turned around to take another route home. They proved my suspicion when the tired looking guy called out my name. His voice sounded greasy, and disgusting. 
 
'I bet they were paid by whoever planted that message in my locker to scare me,' I whispered to myself. 
 
The guys were taller than me, and the next time that I had turned my head around to check where they were; they had closed the gap between us! I was lucky that I was still in my uniform. The sneakers that I wore were much easier to run in than the flats that I could've changed back into. 
 
'They're gonna get me. And me. And then kill me and leave me in the forest,' I mumbled to myself as I ran. I worked best when I was pressured. I commanded my tired legs to keep on running. I had used a lot of effort in my basketball training and hadn't eaten anything, however, I pushed myself on. My legs pumped, taking me where ever they could. 
 
Suddenly, it started pelting down with rain. Great. Just my luck.
 
Hyungshik's POV
 
'Ha Kyung baby! Let's go somewhere dry! We know you're tired. Just save us the energy and come with us!' I yelled at her from behind. This girl ran fast, just like the Anonymous person had warned, but we used our longer legs to advantage and kept on going.
 
Suddenly, she fell face forward over the slippery sidewalk. The pain must have been excruciating; her knee bled profusely. In a situation most girls would've sat there at started crying, but this girl, she tried to use her hands to push her body back up. But luckily for us, her knee buckled beneath her and she fell in a heap. 
 
I saw that she couldn't escape, and Kevin got the same idea. We stopped running and started walking leisurely up to her, with grins on our face. Honestly, we weren't going to her or kill her or anything. We didn't want to do any harm to her. Just to scare her off; that was our mission. 
 
Ha Kyung's POV
 
I was terrified. Their grins made them look like monsters, ready to feast on their meal. 
 
Out of desperation, I fished around my bag for anything that I could use to hit them with. Rather than finding anything to hurt them with, I felt the cool metal backing of my phone and grabbed it out. YES! Hope was still left. 
 
But as I was fiddling with my phone, the rain had made it slippery, and it slipped right out of my fingers; falling a few metres away from me, out of reach. They were only a few steps away; their claws outstretched ready to grab onto me. At that moment, I shut my eyes tightly, and I felt a single tear fall down my right cheek. At that moment, I felt a wave of cold, dirty water splash itself onto me; wetting me head to toe. 
 
'Could my day get any worse!' I screamed, 'THIS IS A CONSPIRACY!'
 
-----------------------------------------------------------To be continued. 
 
YAY! I finally put up a new chapter xD Sorry about the wait you guys. I had written the chapter but it wasn't in POV's so I had to rewrite xD Do you guys think that having POV's is easier? I think I'm gonna rewrite every single chapter all over again in POV's now... Don't worry you don't have to re-read. It'll have the same information, but just longer and more in depth probably. Ha Kyung's day is pretty bad isn't it? It'll get better! 
'When you hit rock bottom, you know the only way is up!'
 
Thankyuuu to the new subscribers and comments. OMNOMNOM. YUMMY! <33