Chapter 14: 12:30

Story by: Jessica Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunny's POV

The glass bottle that breaks into pieces with a loud noise, is that how we are like. The low sky feels like it’s going to break down soon. You who had asked why I came now, you who had said you waited for me, you who had welcomed my love. Now you are colder than a person you meet for the first time. Your bright smile, your warm body (your face too). I’m afraid that I won’t be able to see and touch it anymore. Right now we are like the clock hands at 12:30, we have our backs to each other, looking at different places and trying to let go of everything. We are like the clock hands at 12:30, walking towards the place where we won’t be able to return to. Feels like the time that had followed us also stopped. More than us I guess we’re now you and I. Feels like all the things that had passed by without much thought has stopped, rather than pass by.

Your hands were very warm. I knew that you were being shaken, that’s why I grabbed onto it tighter. I held you, I locked you up, my love became more poisonous. I know it’s all my fault but these feelings left behind can’t let go of hope. Someday separation, the time that would someday get on its knees in front of me. I believe that it will start flowing again like us, I believe that time will come like that.  Even though everything has stopped, I believe that the broken clock will move again. Right now we are like the clock hands at 12:30. We have our backs turned to each other, looking at different places and trying to let go of everything. We are like the clock hands at 12:30, walking towards the place where we won’t be able to return to.

I can’t, it hurts, please don’t do this. You know me, I love youl. You’re bad, I hate you, can’t you really see me? Look at me, I want to be in love with you. I’m smiling but why am I crying? I’m here but where are you looking? Look at me, I'm calling you from behind. I love you, I love you, only you. I know, I don’t like it, I hate myself for being like this. It’s strange, I close my eyes but I see you. When will you come back to me? Whose name are your lips calling? Please look back just once, at least once. Don’t say that I’m just a friend. I love you, I love you, and I'm sorry. 

My embrace is a fortress to you. Love – I can’t see the end of that dark tunnel so I’m very afraid. Like a desert with a blazing sun, like a person crying out of thirst
Kiss me, before this night is over. I miss your embrace, I guess I loved you too much. When this night passes, it’ll become tears to wipe off. If that silver moon sets, will it disappear – Your scent that still remains? Will the dream-like memories also scatter? Kiss me. Whisper that you love me.

Like the wind, you disappeared. Day by day, I miss you, day by day. Tonight, I long for the passing by memories, I hear your voice. The countless nights when we promised eternity, they become tears. At the thought of you leaving, again tears fall. Please tell me you will return so our love can be forever. You leave me and go far far away, follow that road and disappear. 

I loved you too much to forget you – I still wait for you. Our time has stopped – it feels like you’re next to me. Don’t leave, don’t leave me – you only gave me scars in my heart. Don’t leave, don’t make me cry, please come back to me. The only person who crazily cherished me in my entire life was you. My love has died in this fragment of separation and it’s pitiful and tortuous. This night is lonely without you. As if a flower petal has fallen, your body grows further away. My reflection in the mirror is like a crazy woman, trembling as if she’s nervous – the great depth of my sadness makes tears flow

If I hide my tears in the falling rain, can all of our memories be hidden? If I erase your name that I long for, can all of your face be erased? Don’t leave, don’t leave me – you only gave me scars in my heart. My heart in your train, whether it’s ripped, thrown away, hidden or burned. It remains like perfume, I see it like a picture, it’s engraved like a stigma, remember that. The days where you were my world tortures me, the memories where you were my law pierces me. I can’t let go of the string of fate, I can’t just let you go like this. 

I want to capture the image of you walking to me, hundreds of times a day. How did I become like this? You’re the one who makes my empty heart breathe. But I didn’t know your smallest disappointments or sadness. Forgive me, please forgive me. I wish this was a dream, if this is a dream, stop right there. Don’t leave me, don’t leave me. I call out to you even in my sleep, I’m still hurting. Don’t leave me, please.I try emptying you out along with my trash can. I try spitting you out like bitter medicine. I try vomiting you by getting drunk. I try turning time back like a broken clock.

On a dark night, cold air, shadowed moon. I’m walking alone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter