The Message

Our Baby Lu [HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter

   I don't know why, but I managed to get 53 subscribers. It's like a miracle to me, because I have updated only one chapter. However, there is another update for you and again, I haven't planned this chapter like that. I wanted to end this chapter in other way, but it seems that I couldn't do that. This chapter is already weird to me and I don't know if what I wrote make much sense, but I hope it does.

   I hope you will enjoy this chapter, because we have some angst ahead and then I might start fluff, but I don't know how many chapters it will take to start that fluff. We will have to wait and see.

   Have a good day and I hope I haven't already made this story bad.

WORDS COUNT: 3815

   Once Kris stepped out of the plane, he called a taxi, waiting for it to arrive for about five minutes, before he headed to his house, the one he was living in before he had moved to China. The weather was warm and even the feeling of air brushing against his skin was pleasant, something he was enjoying during his not-so-long yet not-so-short journey.

   Once the taxi stopped, Kris payed the driver without even thanking him. Then he took out his luggage and trailed it to the front door which had been locked for five long months. He had been away for five months and the view of his home, the place he felt safe in, made him feel relaxed. His muscles weren't as tensed up as before and a small smile fell upon his lips, bringing a tiny spark of happiness into his dark eyes. That was his territory, the place he belonged to and the thought of finally being able to sleep in his own bed instead of some dirty bed in the hotel room, a bed other people slept in or made other things, things like , made him feel relieved, because he didn't like the idea of sleeping on the dirty mattress and even dirtier sheets. He missed his bed so much that the first thing he did after he closed the door was come to his bedroom and throw himself on the soft mattress, enjoying the warm feeling that was radiating from the sheets underneath him. Kris even inhaled the sweet scent of his bed, smiling at the nice aroma that invaded his nostrills almost instantly, nuzzling his head into his white pillow.

   He was lying on the mattress for another five minutes before he stood up, looking around the room, wanting to remind himself how his bedroom looked before he moved to China. Nothing in his room had changed but being away for so long made him feel as if everything was new to him and Kris had to look around his house to recall where everything was. The kitchen, the bathroom, the living room, his bedroom and other rooms, he had to go into them and take a look on them, because it was how he missed his house, his TV, his bookshelf, his stove, his fridge, his shover and other things that belonged to him.

   There were pictures of his family on the fireplace in the living room and there was that one special photo he just couldn't leave without lifting it up and bringing it close to his face, eyeing the two smiling figures in the framed picture. One of those two people was him, in his blond hair, wearing casual clothes and the other one was his boyfriend, Baekhyun, whose lips formed a rectangle whenever the shorter male smiled. Kris' right arm was wrapped around Baekhyun's waist and Baekhyun's left arm was lifted up, so his fingers could touch the other's chin, grabbing it between his thumb and forefinger. Kris rememered that after their friend took that picture, Baekhyun brought his face closer, lifting his head up, so his lips could meet with Kris' in a passionate kiss, a kiss that made the taller one's heart flutter a little at the weird feeling forming inside his heart. Even though everyone would call it love, Kris knew it was still far from that, but his feelings grew bigger every day and he just needed time to fall in love with the shorter man. He needed much more time than anyone would expect, but he would fall for Baekhyun nevertheless. However he never got enough time to discover what he really loved in shorter male beside his body, because the other had told him about his pregnancy before Kris would even start thinking about their relationship more seriously. Baekhyun had surprised him and being a scaredy cat Kris was, he left the poor Baekhyun alone, bearing with the thought of probably raising their child alone.

   Kris sighed at the thought of their baby growing only with a mother by its side. The baby needed also a father, someone who could protect his child from the danger, but Kris had run away and most probably had buried his chance to become a loving parent, someone really important in that small creature's live that should be born in a month or so.

   Even though the thought of losing his full freedom scared him, Kris wasn't so heartless to let Baekhyun bear with rising a confused child alone. He didn't want to destroy others' lives only because he wasn't ready to take the responsibility of being a father. If he wasn't ready for that, then how Baekhyun could be ready to be a mother, if he was younger than Kris by two years? Baekhyun wasn't prepared to be a parent just like Kris, but he would never ever get used to be a single mother no matter what. That's why Kris had to come back, because he couldn't turn his back on Baekhyun. It didn't matter that he didn't like children, because it was Baekhyun we were talking about. The first person who made Kris experience that weird feeling inside his heart for the very first time. wasn't the only thing Kris thought about while he was with Baekhyun. He had also thought if Baekhyun felt good with him, if he was able to satisfy the other's needs and if Baekhyun felt safe in his arms. There was much more Kris thought about during the time he was away, but he couldn't recall those things now, because he had more important thing to do.

   He had to find Baekhyun.

   Once Kris took a shower and changed his clothes, he went out, heading to the small apartment Baekhyun was renting. It took him only about ten minutes to get to the flat and another thirty seconds to stop at his boyfriend's door. He felt how his heart became heavy and its rate increased, however he took a deep breath and then, decided to knock on the door, never really thinking about what would he tell Baekhyun once their eyes would meet.

   Five seconds had passed and then another five and even more, but Kris never really got to hear any footsteps coming from the other end of the door. It seemed as if there was no one who could open the door, so Kris decided to knock once again, but this time, harder. He just wasted another minute or two on hoping that he would hear the click and then the quiet creak of the opening door, because it never happened. Baekhyun had never opened the door, so Kris had to knock on the wooden door of Baekhyun's neighbour, because he had to get some answers.

   Maybe the shorter male had known that it was him and tried to stay quiet, so Kris wouldn't know that he was hiding from him, thinking that the giant would leave him alone after a while. Kris needed to know if it was the case, because then he would know that he hadn't came here for nothing.

   Suddenly, Kris heard the creak of the door in front of Baekhyun's apartment, signaling that there was someone who could help him. Kris was met with that old lady, whose husband died five or maybe six years ago due to his age, the old lady with long grey hair, they both, he and Baekhyun, never really liked, and the mentioned woman looked at Kris with furrowed eyebrows. She was a little shocked to see the man standing in the corridor in front of the door to her apartment, however she quickly got rid of that feeling, quickly changing her shocked expression to an annoyed one.

"So you finally decided to go back," she spoke rather harshly, a small amount of venom evident in her tone. Even though the woman never liked them, she never spoke to them with venom in her voice. Even after they had and Baekhyun's loud moans could be heard from time to time in the corridors breaking through the door of the old lady's apartment, she never used venom. Never. "I'm really shocked to see your face again, Yifan. It has been a long time since you came here for the last time."

"Uhm... Yeah, I had something very important to take care of and I had to leave," Kris explained, feeling rather uneasy around the elder woman whose gaze pierced through his body like sharp, really sharp knives.

"Something very important you say." She repeated, narrowing her eyes. She knew what type of a person Kris was, she knew he liked to sleep around and she despi

Please log in to read the full chapter