The Unnoticed Feeling of Protectiveness

Our Baby Lu [HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter

   I know it had been a really long time since I last updated, but I wasn't satisfied with my previous versions of this chapter. This version isn't the best, but isn't the worst as well. I think I might let it be for now. I'm currently writing the next chapter and there might be some Krisbaek, who knows? It has to be bad that even I don't know this but hey! Maybe the next chapter would turn out to be much better than this one? I hope so :D

WORDS COUNT: 1773

   It had been few days since Kris met his new friend, who had been supporting him for this entire time. Kris wasn't sure why the man was so friendly towards him and why he didn't freak out during their first encounter, however he was glad that Heechul was that nice. At least, the giant had gotten himself a pretty good friend and right now, he really needed such friends by his side. The brown-haired male didn't have anyone besides Heechul and the latter was Kris' driving force when the taller one felt that his efforts weren't enough and his mission was meant to end up as one big failure. Simply put, Heechul was able to bring up a smile onto the other's worried face and Kris couldn't even express how much he appreciated the shorter male's help.

   During the time they spent together, Kris learnt that Heechul was a very optimistic person. There was no place for doubts in the latter's head and so, he always wore that big smile of his, showing to the world that he didn't care about the obstacles that were meant to come his way. Maybe it was stupid to think that everything would be alright and problems would solve themselves, because life could be cruel to you at times, however it actually helped when you got overwhelmed by difficult situations. That attitude wasn't the best, because people were ignorant at some point, but still, it was better to stay positive during hard times instead of giving up and pretending that nothing could be done to change your bad luck. Thanks to Heechul, Kris could feel the power pushing him further, making him realize that he had to take actions if he wanted to find his happiness. In the past, the giant was just too blind to notice that Baekhyun was his happiness and so, he had to suffer to achieve his goal.

   Thinking about his mistakes, Kris sighed, turning his head around, so he could look out the window next to him. The weather was nice. It was warm outside and the sky was clear, completely free of clouds. It was raining yesterday, so there were puddles on the pavement and the road, but it wasn't important. Everything that mattered was that Kris was going to see his son today and meet Baekhyun, because the doctor wanted to talk to them about their baby's progress, which meant that Baekhyun had had to change his mind. At the beginning, the shorter male didn't want Kris to become the father and take care of them, because the giant abandoned them as soon as he learnt about his baby's existence. But the message he got few days ago gave him hope, because Baekhyun decided to let him know about the meeting with the doctor. Maybe he would even let Kris be the father on his son's birth certificate, which would be a success.

"So, how is life?" Asked Heechul after a while of silence that had lasted for five minutes at least. They had just sat at the table nearest to the window and were currently waiting for their orders.

"Good. But still I can't find myself a job. It seems as if there was no one looking for employess right now," answered Kris, hearing the footsteps that got more audible as the distance between them and the person grew shorter. He looked to the right and noticed that a tall waiter with blond hair and small eyes was carrying their orders on the silver salver.

"Thank you," they both bowed their heads sligthly to the man and continued with their conversation as the drinks were put on the table and the waiter approached another one to take some teenage couple's order.

   Heechul looked at Kris with concern evident in his dark eyes, feeling bad for the latter. He knew that the other needed a job, because he had to maintain his family, however it wasn't as easy as some people thought. Maybe there were emplo

Please log in to read the full chapter