Mission

Our Baby Lu [HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter

   I'm really sorry for forcing you to wait another week for this update, but I didn't want to make this chapter bad. I'm not satisfied with the ending, but after reading it for the second time, I think it isn't that bad as it seemed at first. Maybe I am just exaggerating, but hey, it's my story and that means that I won't be satisfied with most of the chapters, right? I remember that someone told me not to force myself to write if I don't feel like it and of course, I had to listen to that tip, because it's better for you to wait for another week than to get an awful update, right? As an author, I have a responsibility to make you satisfied with my story and sometimes it will take some time, but I hope I will be able to make you excited about next updates.

   Than you all for your patience and enjoy the chapter, because it's only few minutes past midnight in my country and we have Monday alreadt :D

WORDS COUNT: 3310

   The next day, Baekhyun couldn't get rid of the feeling of happiness and sadness that crept into his heart at the same time, leaving no space for other feelings like confusion that could accompany him since Kris had been in here, walking down the corridors with the shorter male to visit their son. It was almost eight in the morning and Baekhyun wanted to spend his last hour in the hospital with his baby boy, because Tao would arrive shortly after nine to pick him up since they had to start looking for a crib for the newborn baby and other necessary things as well. They also needed to finish the little creature's bedroom and Baekhyun didn't want Tao to do everything alone, even though it meant that he would have less time for his baby. Baekhyun just didn't want to leave everything to Tao, he didn't want the latter to organize everything by himself, because the taller man had already helped him enough and Baekhyun felt as if he was bothering his friend. The little creature wasn't even Tao's child after all and there was no need for him to prepare their current house for the baby's arrival. Baekhyun could do everything alone, but Tao wasn't going to let him do so, even though he didn't have much free time because of his two jobs.

   Baekhyun sighed quietly, not even exchanging a word with Kris, who kept quiet as well. They hadn't talked to each other even since the brown-haired man came to visit his ex, however the atmosphere wasn't akward for the shorter male, who was dealing with too many thoughts rushing through his head and the unpleasant sense of guilt at the same time. Baekhyun was more than comfortable with silence, because he didn't feel like talking to anyone and Kris was aware of that. Kris knew that it was better to let the shorter male to deal with the thoughts that invaded his mind, to let him accept his and the baby boy's situation. The tall man knew that it was better to give Baekhyun some time, so he could accept everything that happened and move on with his life, so he could take a proper care of his son once the baby would get discharged from the hospital as well.

   Once they reached their destination, Kris opened the door, stepping aside to let the other male in, before he entered the ward himself, following his ex-boyfriend to the incubator their child was currently sleeping in. They both noticed the presence of a young man, who was whispering to other premature baby that was lying in an incubator only few meters away from them. Baekhyun was surprised to see another little creature in the neonatal intensive care ward beside his son, because not-so-many hours ago, his child was the only premature baby in here, however it seemed as if God wanted to bring another life to the world earlier than expected, so now, his son could have a company. His little bundle of joy wouldn't be alone from now on and it made the shorter male relieved, because now, he knew that his baby boy wasn't the only newborn baby that had been born too early. Now, his son had a friend and he wouldn't feel so lonely anymore, having another baby in the ward.

   Kris had been observing Baekhyun from the corners of his eyes for a short moment before he shifted his gaze to another man in the room. When Kris was at home, unpacking his things and looking for a job, he spent some time on searching some informations about premature babies, hoping that his newly gained knowledge would impress the latter. When he was reading some articles, his eyes fell upon an important information, something that would help Baekhyun accept the fact that his child came to the world before the time and was weaker than other babies. The younger male needed someone who would be willing to talk to him, a woman that had experience in taking care of premature babies and would share her knowledge with him, because it was really rare for the men to give birth. Baekhyun needed someone, who had dealt with the exact situation as his, to reassure him and make him realize that his son would grow just fine and catch up with other children his age in psychical and mental development in a matter of few years.

   Kris kept on watching the stranger, who was smaller than him, but still taller than Baekhyun. The man had a serious facial expression, however his eyes were sparkling, because the only thing which mattered to him was his baby that was observing its father. The man had short, dark hair and his body was toned, the proof was a white T-shirt that showed off the guy's muscle outline. The stranger had a small teddy bear in his right hand, probably the doctor let him bring the thing into the ward, and he kept on moving the toy in the air, a small smile forming on his lips, because his baby was too focused on the toy to even think of falling asleep. The man gave off the unpleasant aura at first and Kris wasn't sure if he wanted to approach him, however that smile on his pale face encouraged the brunette that maybe, he could have a small talk with the stranger.

   Kris turned his eyes away from the male, who had been feeling someone's gaze on himself for the entire time, focusing his dark orbs on his own child that had been sleeping ever since they arrived in the ward. Baekhyun's fingertips were caressing the little creature's arm, their moves so soft that the touch seemed to be only a slight brush on the thin skin. Baekhyun had that grin on his pale face which made Kris' heart melt at the view of attention his son was receiving, making him feel the love radiating from his ex-boyfriend's body. Baekhyun was so focused on his little angel that he forgot that he had to go back to his room to get his things, because he didn't want Tao to carry them and also, the doctor wouldn't let Tao to enter the ward because of Kris, who was planning to stay a little longer than the younger one expected. Not everyone could get permission to enter the neonatal ward and since Kris was in here already, Tao wouldn't be able to visit Baekhyun's son since the doctor stated that only one person, beside parents, was able to see the baby at a time. It was the rule that every hospital followed and Baekhyun just couldn't tell Kris to leave the ward, so Tao could visit the baby boy, because Kris was the father after all and he had every right to spend as much time with his son as possible. Baekhyun just couldn't order him to leave, because deep down he felt happy that Kris didn't turn out to be such a terrible coward that wouldn't even aknowledge his own son. Kris was aware of the fact that he had gotten a responsibility, a huge one, and running away just wasn't an option since he wasn't some heartless human being that had only parties and in mind. At least not anymore.

   Once Baekhyun had looked at the watch hanging on the wall, he started to panic, because it was twenty minutes past eight and probably Tao had already arrived in the hospital. The younger one was so lost in his thoughts that he forgot to check the time and Kris only watched as his ex-boyfriend caressed their son's hand for t

Please log in to read the full chapter